Sign in to follow this  
vrax13

New vision of zombies

Hello Devs and Dayz fans I have actualy 186hour of playing in the dayz standalone and i really love this game ! so i thing how i can suggest something to help this game to be better to mutch player say it a just an fps pvp (kill on sight) in a big map cause there is not enought zombies ect.

Probleme- solution 

1. zombies are to easy to kill one bullet of Fnx45 is enought (u one shoot them in the leg)
-the real way to kill a zombie is an headshoot

2.Solo zombies are not really dangerous
- Add zombies Hordes with random tragectory (if u are unstuff sneak in bulding  and stay quiet is the only way to survive)

3. zombies are to slow 
-make them faster to creat a real menace (maybe can shoot in there leg if u can't head shoot to broke there legs and slow them)

1. zombies are to easy to kill one bullet of Fnx45 is enought (u one shoot them in the leg)

I agree, I like this. Perhaps shooting a zombie's leg will make it fall over/slow down and multiple shots to the chest will down it but not stop it. Only way to really stop it is to destroy the head. More than about 2-3 zombies coming at you would suddenly become a serious and persistent threat unless you can get away from them.

2.Solo zombies are not really dangerous

- Add zombies Hordes with random tragectory (if u are unstuff sneak in bulding  and stay quiet is the only way to survive)

I believe hordes are planned anyway.

3. zombies are to slow 

-make them faster to creat a real menace (maybe can shoot in there leg if u can't head shoot to broke there legs and slow them)

Not sure I entirely agree with this, my experience of zombies thus far has not been a pleasant one. They're pretty quick in a straight line! Edited by Monkfish
  • Like 1

Hello Devs and Dayz fans I have actualy 186hour of playing in the dayz standalone and i really love this game ! so i thing how i can suggest something to help this game to be better to mutch player say it a just an fps pvp (kill on sight) in a big map cause there is not enought zombies ect.

Probleme- solution 

First post. We can see you are VERY new here. I'll make this out simple. These "zombies" aren't your stereotypical zombies. They don't have useless organs that aren't utilized anymore and are just running off some ungodly magic in the brain. What WE have are people that contracted an infection that drove them mad. It made them have a strange craving for live human flesh and whatnot. Imagine it like the creatures from I Am Legend. They were still living people, but with a strange pathogen that made them EXTREMELY feral. So, while I do disagree with shooting them in the leg and killing them, you shouldn't have to hit them in the brain. The zombies we have will take as much as a normal human would, as far as being shot.

• Like 3

In that case, shots to extremities shouldn't kill and only disable. i.e. shot to leg makes zombie fall over, then get up and continue pursuing whilst limping. Shooting the other leg means it falls over again but it continues to pursue you by crawling. Only body or head shots should stop them permanently.

1.) As said in the thread, the zombies aren't undead but infected.

Shots to the leg would also kill very quickly due to bleeding out or the heart stopping of shock.

2.) Planned.

3.) Indeed, zombies need balancing. IMO they should run just as fast as the player at full speed, and there should be a temporary sprint that would allow you to lose them (wasn't that implemented in some devblogs anyways...?)

• Like 1

First post. We can see you are VERY new here. I'll make this out simple. These "zombies" aren't your stereotypical zombies. They don't have useless organs that aren't utilized anymore and are just running off some ungodly magic in the brain. What WE have are people that contracted an infection that drove them mad. It made them have a strange craving for live human flesh and whatnot. Imagine it like the creatures from I Am Legend. They were still living people, but with a strange pathogen that made them EXTREMELY feral. So, while I do disagree with shooting them in the leg and killing them, you shouldn't have to hit them in the brain. The zombies we have will take as much as a normal human would, as far as being shot.

Thank you for ur answer it was really interesting to read all  ur comments.  :) 

but u say they are "EXTREMELY feral." for me that mean a real berserk furie rush on the survivor until he die at this moment the zombie don't fell any pain so one bullet will never be enought (in the body) make the  ennemis hardly killable upgrade the difficulti of the pve side .

But i can't understand why the game is called DayZ if Z don't mean Zombie 

Ps: sorry for my mistakes ^^

Edited by Vrax13

but u say they are "EXTREMELY feral." for me that mean a real berserk furie rush on the survivor until he die at this moment the zombie don't fell any pain so one bullet will never be enought (in the body) make the  ennemis hardly killable upgrade the difficulti of the pve side .

It's good that you're starting to understand DayZ a lot better. But as far as being feral, I don't think it should drive them to the point of not feeling pain. Now this could open up the idea of epinephrine(adrenaline) in combat, causing you to feel less pain. But, being feral is just saying you're extremely savage, reckless, etc..  

And yes, according to a long time forum user, the "Z" does mean Zero. It stands as the change of an era. It's old stories, legends, etc.. that state if something drastic were to happen to humanity or just the world in general that changes everything, it's called Day Zero.

Edited by Shadow134

DayZ is just the name Rocket choose for an experiement with a mod for Arma 2 :) And it simply stuck, dont believe it has a deeper mening really, but if it does, it doesnt really matter hehe.

But yeh the "zombies" are infected humans and the reason you cant become one, is that your simply immune to the virus. :)

Therefor you can kill them by damaging they're body, just like regular humans. I have to agree we should not be able to kill them by shooting legs/arms, but the current Z's in the game are only really placeholders for whats to come later.

Everything is far from done, so if i were you i would lean back and take a small break from the "game", 186 hours in a game with almost no content, which is basicly broken in the current state, is ALOT lol. :)

Expect this game to be in development untill 2015 pretty much, theres so much to be done.

I dont believe the Z's are to slow atm, the real problem is the lack of them. Rocket mentioned in a devblog, they can easily maintain 3-4k Z's on the map without loot in the current build, so imagine what they can do once they are done "making the foundation" and can start to actually build the content and game up. But thats some time away tbh, they are still working on "under the hood" stuff, so we will most likely not see any major content updates for some time.

Sure i understand at all and i'm no like an impatient little kid, to make a good game devs need time and i agree it cause i really want this game to be better, i just try to help to it with some suggestions and i don't only talk to devs "and dayz fans" a game is made by his community. 

Thx guy's for the Day Zero story 

Ps: When we talk about infected i can't forget the infected from Resident Evil 4 the best infected of ever  ^_^