Cydone

No loot at castles and ruins, but why not swords? lol

You finally reach this landmark on the map, a nice hazy ruined castle from a long forgotten age. You scavenge about almost feeling like an explorer. But you find nothing, all you do is fall off a wall and die..

But why not have some special kind of loot here? I could understand that old rusty swords might take away from the "post apocalyptic" time setting, but let us be able to find something here at least!

Knives

Swords

Cloth

Dead tourists

Old wine

Old coins

Old books

Edited by Cydone
  • Like 3

There is loot there. If you look up you see it spawning under the floors, sometimes in a wall. Just don't look up and walk off the stairways....I did.

• Like 2

its very limited though, have only found 1-2 spawn locations depending on which castle.

and they were both "in" the wall...lol

I going sometime to old castles for enjoy ;)

there is one o going with friends we do rave party all night is great :thumbsup:  :)

but NOBODY FIND SWORDS THERE FOR 100'S TEARS TIME >:(

archaeology guys doing search long time ago take everything

me too I want swords in dayz also MACE AND CHAINS :)

best place for find in modern world???

private collector house or MUSEUM :P

Yes please I will walk around in full armor and carrying a longsword. Have at thee rogish nave!

and then charge a squad of M4A1-toting bandits :lol:

"Freeeeeedooooom!"

• Like 2

I dont think it seems realistic to have old'ern day weapons appear in these ruins as they would've been excavated along time ago as KoS pointed out. 

And again, I agree with his Idea that having in a collectors house, or a museum is a good Idea. 

Also, loot does spawn in the castles but its bugged atm. If you stand in the bottom of the tower and look up, it will spawn underneath the floor, unable to pick up as of yet, but its there.  

and then charge a squad of M4A1-toting bandits :lol:

"Freeeeeedooooom!"

That's when somebody pulls a 357 and punches right through that armor.

• Like 2

I want to get my head smashed by a mace like its Chivalry:

**Minding my own business eating beans in a castle when a wild Knight appears**

**SMASH**

"Hah hah hah, No muh lord!"

I think regardless of it being ridiculous ... it'd be a great deal of fun to run around in loud armour with a mace and shield xD .... possibly the castle could have a tourist shop added which has some swords?

• Like 1

That's when somebody pulls a 357 and punches right through that armor.

we need to get crossbows that we can make from the materials spawned in the woods alone or find the crossbows in those medieval fare souvenier shops as someone mentioned earlier. Devs really need to get on this sht asap

• Like 1

The game would be vastly improved by three things: Suits, bicycles and medieval weapons. Lots of medieval weapons.

• Like 2

Ill add a +1 for crossbows, and not because daryl has a crossbow.its a great weapon for hunting, silent, hits hard, and arrows can be retrievable/ reusable. dunno if i am on board with a craftable crossbow, as it is a complex weapon, but to have a crossbow spawn in a village cabin instead of a ushanka would make it far more lucrative to loot the remote towns and villages, and spread the player base across the map a lot more thoroughly.

The game would be vastly improved by three things: Suits, bicycles and medieval weapons. Lots of medieval weapons.

THIS, we really need some suits, a concealable shoulder holster and a Smith and wesson model 29 (44 mag, 6 inch barrel with wood grips).

You can see where i'm going with this so i'm just gonna ask you one question. Did i fire 6 shots or only 5?

Edited by Dchil

I'm sure we'll be able to find a bastard sword spawning in the castle ruins at some point.

I suggested it once too and I am confident in my imagined influence.  

I can help with the dead tourists, as long as there's some chivalry before...

"squire, I need help with my codpiece!"

I think having swords might actually be nice if on the belt slot or so, heh.

Don't really need medieval armor though.

I agree with the whole medieval plate armour thing that it is not needed and I also think having swords in the game would be a nice touch, perhaps not full blown long swords or bastard swords (this isnt The Elder Scrolls after all) but perhaps short swords could be a non-common option?

One thing I cant grasp is the people who deny the availability of high-grade military loot in Chernarus but yet somehow think the availability of katana's (obv a few of the walking dead fans) is an option?? o.O

I dunno, perhaps Katana's are a pretty cool idea, but before we go for any medieval aspects lets get the more realistic options such as craftable crossbows and bows as well as bolts and arrows to go with them first.