Sign in to follow this  
BxK Str8shot

New item idea?

35 members have voted

1. 1. Life Straw?

There are water purification tablets either already in-game or going to be implemented. I've seen them.

I would, however, like a Soda Stream in dayz!!!!!

• Like 1

why not it need to be super rare as yes there is the tablets which are method that requires you to continually search for them could work.

Im betting when they add infection posssibilites to drinking pond water that an item like that will geet ya shot(what am i saying they will shoot you anyways ruining this nice new contraption ) voted yes but not oh yes we must have that ......

Lifestraws were invented by a Danish company! I wan them in-game :P

While I say yes to this idea, I feel like food and water are too easy to get right now, that and people tend to YOLO it up and guzzle out of the well or pond.

Sure, why not. Only those that are look like pipes though like those shown in the website. I think that this item should have some limited uses, I would say, four uses and after that, the filters are useless. Since the filters are useless, you will have to find another one. Maybe these lifestraws would only be found on medical areas such as hospitals and military medical tents.

Edited by AntonioAJC

There are water purification tablets either already in-game or going to be implemented. I've seen them.

I would, however, like a Soda Stream in dayz!!!!!

Lmfao...SodaStream ftw

Why do you come up with new items ideas? Can't you come up with server performance ideas? Until servers are stabilized to handle more objects and more players at the same time - there will be no new items and stuff .

no for life straw. 

i think it would be great i am tired of never finding water purification pills and every pond i drink from gives me a disease but i am not warned about it so half the time i die at some point from a random disease. Would be awesome to find more ways to get my clean water so hell yes.

Why do you come up with new items ideas? Can't you come up with server performance ideas? Until servers are stabilized to handle more objects and more players at the same time - there will be no new items and stuff .

no for life straw. 

server optimization has been already suggested. we should embrace new ideas instead of repeatedly post the same over and over again. :D

i think LifeStraws are a great idea, but should be rare and among military equipment, as its not an everyday item that the average chernarussian farmer keeps stocked in his barn, while i can see it being deployed to troops on emergency response missions in a zombie-virus-apocalypse setting

i think it would be great i am tired of never finding water purification pills and every pond i drink from gives me a disease but i am not warned about it so half the time i die at some point from a random disease. Would be awesome to find more ways to get my clean water so hell yes.

strange i drink water from streams and ponds all the time and i never had a disease so far...

Maybe its the jack daniels i pour after it... ;) btw. would be nice feature to find alcohol and get drunk from it or use it as a disinfectant!

You are such lier :) or newbee :) No offence man. Disease from water is currently disabled. If you get sick, it's not because of water wasn't pure.
It's an information from dev team, not from forums or other untrusted source.

With the crafting/cooking mechanics planned, I imagine one could boil water to make it safer to drink. It obviously wouldn't make it 100% safe and there would still be an outside chance of getting sick, but it would at least significantly reduce the risk compared to being a puddle drinker.

No to the life straw though.

Edited by Monkfish

Once streams and ponds are updated to potentially contain disease and cause sickness this would definitely make for a handy item.

For all who are saying its not necessary because of the pills, they require as container which aren't small, this is on top of space for the pills. These trade space for the inability to transport water.

Also there will be many more types of weapons but no one is saying "no way we already have one of those". 

So nice idea, would like to see it in game. Especially as they seem to be taking sickness very seriously.