Sign in to follow this  
Fatal Chipmunk

Suicide buttom?

Just a little suggestion for the game, cause I think it is a bit irritating that you only can respawn when you are uncountios or dead.

Simply because if I have a shit run and have no way of coming back, I like to just start over insted of using maybe 10-15 minutes or more finding an alternative way to die. 

The object of the game is to survive.

Nobody wants people to be killing themselves when they have a 'shit run' / spawn away from military loot.

• Like 8

Nobody wants people to be killing themselves when they have a 'shit run' / spawn away from military loot.

This man speaks the truth!

They do need to add a /stuck function or something, though. I have been in a few places and couldn't die. Ended up having to leave my character logged in while I went to work on the hopes that I would starve to death or die from dehydration before the server restarted. I am, however, willing to go through that bullshit every time to keep guys wanting an easy respawn from trying to cakewalk through the game. 

• Like 2

Most bugs that can put you in a situation where you are stuck will be eliminated,

Find creative ways to kill yourself instead of looking for an easy button.

Jump off a building, run into a horde of zombies, call another player mean names over direct chat.

If you're really worried about getting stuck you could always carry some disinfectant/ rotten fruit.

I think I'm missing the issue here. Can't you just hit 'Esc' and then hit 'Respawn'?  This kills your character and you can start fresh...

That's about as suicidal as it gets.

Edit: and when you're unconscious, logging of the server will also kill your character.

Edited by BAzVink
  • Like 1

People using the respawn button as a getabetterspawn button takes a massive toll on the server so no, I don't think it would be a good idea.

Most bugs that can put you in a situation where you are stuck will be eliminated,

Find creative ways to kill yourself instead of looking for an easy button.

Jump off a building, run into a horde of zombies, call another player mean names over direct chat.

Indeed. Lost my last char to falling through the floor in a house and couldn't get out. I had to resort to drinking disinfectant and slowly dying. RIP. :(

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 2

i think it would be good to be able to kill your self cause sometimes there is just no way out like my friend snapped his legs on a 2 foot drop in the middle of no where had to crawl 2 hours before he finally died or atleast they should allow you to drown your self or to take a knife out and take your own life and if you have no knife then to chew your arteries out maybe even allow you to head butt trees till your neck snaps these would help alot.(finding a zombie to kill you or jumping of a ledge is nearly impossible and takes hours to find)

i think it would be good to be able to kill your self cause sometimes there is just no way out like my friend snapped his legs on a 2 foot drop in the middle of no where had to crawl 2 hours before he finally died or atleast they should allow you to drown your self or to take a knife out and take your own life and if you have no knife then to chew your arteries out maybe even allow you to head butt trees till your neck snaps these would help alot.(finding a zombie to kill you or jumping of a ledge is nearly impossible and takes hours to find)

i carry wood for splints when i find some, just in case a bug gets me. It sucks if a bug gets you, or that you can't knife/drown or shoot your self yet, but better that than having load of people re spawning for better loot.

Edited by Sooden

This is still not a good reason for a suicide button. Changing things for the SA in Alpha state shouldn't be done if upcoming patches will change those mechanics any way. How often will you ever be 'two hours' from a zombie once their numbers are increased? Even now two hours could get you from NWAF to Cherno. Worst case scenario you could come onto the forums and ask someone to come kill you in much less time. 

Trying to survive through anything makes life worth living. I had a shootout, in the mod, against three bandits and killed them all. I was bleeding and almost dead but I managed to bandage myself and started to eat some food when I got surrounded by zeds in Novy Sobor. Emptied my DMR, then was down to my last makarov mag when the last zombie broke my leg. I bandaged again and decided I wanted to live. It would have only taken me doing nothing but instead, that hour and half crawl, heart pounding black outs in bushes feet away from zombies, barely being able to see. That stands out as one of my favorite Dayz memories because I won that day. After that I will never take the easy way out, for any reason.  

• Like 1

I think there should be one, but it should have a delay of, an hour?

My reasoning:

There are VAST areas of the map completely void of any means of suicide, players, or zombies.

Say you broke your legs, now what?

You have to CRAWL FOR HOURS JUST TO MEET A ZOMBIE OR PLAYER.

People should be having fun, not playing a broken legs simulator.

I made a suggestion where people could shoot themselves, it is even in the ad.

• Like 1

Hi there

+1

Theres is no need for a suicide option... if you really want to kill yourself you have to work to do it...

In the Mod, zombies broke my legs in Polana and i was not smart enough to carry a morphine...had to crawl my way to Berezhino´s hospital for 1 hour and half more or less...

Be prepare for the worst, always...

Dropped off the industrial building in berezino and broke my legs. Luckily a survivor saw me fall and was there like "wtf did you just do". When he ran off I just asked him to come back over VOIP, put my crowbar on the ground and politely requested that he would smash my skull in with it. Which the good fella did for me.

Couldn't help to whisper "ooooh yeah spank me baby" over VOIP as he was beating me to death though :rolleyes:

Hi there

+1

Theres is no need for a suicide option... if you really want to kill yourself you have to work to do it...

In the Mod, zombies broke my legs in Polana and i was not smart enough to carry a morphine...had to crawl my way to Berezhino´s hospital for 1 hour and half more or less...

Be prepare for the worst, always...

SO people should suck it up and waste 1 hour of their free time not having fun, brilliant idea.

SO people should suck it up and waste 1 hour of their free time not having fun, brilliant idea.

I think you've missed the point of DayZ by the width of the Milky Way. Last time I checked, running about being chased by zombies with no way to defend yourself wasn't much fun, nor is hiding in a bush frantically tearing your t-shirt into rags to stem that fountainous blood flow before you bleed to death, or having an encounter with a sadistic bandit intent on ruining your day. No, what makes DayZ fun is surviving those things. It has been made abundantly clear from the outset that DayZ is both immersive and massively unforgiving. Literally at any moment, your life could end for any number of reasons. What if you'd survived for 8hrs and then died a pathetic death of dehydration in the middle of nowhere because you didn't pack any water? If we follow your point courageously, the solution would be "What a waste of 8hrs, let's remove the dehydration mechanic so people can have fun".

That absolutely is not DayZ.

Edited by Monkfish
  • Like 1

I think you've missed the point of DayZ by the width of the Milky Way. Last time I checked, running about being chased by zombies with no way to defend yourself wasn't much fun, nor is hiding in a bush frantically tearing your t-shirt into rags to stem that fountainous blood flow before you bleed to death, or having an encounter with a sadistic bandit intent on ruing your day. No, what makes DayZ fun is surviving those things. It has been made abundantly clear from the outset that DayZ is both immersive and massively unforgiving. Literally at any moment, your life could end for any number of reasons. What if you'd survived for 8hrs and then died a pathetic death of dehydration in the middle of nowhere because you didn't pack any water? If we follow your point courageously, the solution would be "What a waste of 8hrs, let's remove the dehydration mechanic so people can have fun".

That absolutely is not DayZ.

That is totally different. You are experiencing something at the very least.

Crawling very slowly over a empty area seeing the same surroundings, no loot, no threat, just repetitive SLOW crawling.

At least with running you are seeing surroundings and may encounter several threats.

That is totally different. You are experiencing something at the very least.

Crawling very slowly over a empty area seeing the same surroundings, no loot, no threat, just repetitive SLOW crawling.

At least with running you are seeing surroundings and may encounter several threats.

Which, again, only happened because YOU didn't properly prepare. Its one thing to not prepare, find yourself in a bad situation then have to be bothered with dealing with your mistakes. Asking the devs to make the game easier to fix YOUR mistakes or lack of preparation is just bad form. How could you possibly find yourself hours from a hospital if you didn't choose to go there without morphine? Would you travel to the far north of the map without food and water? Do you go to NWAF without a weapon? You could, but there are consequences that YOU and YOU alone need to deal with. Why did you have to crawl anywhere? Why couldn't you have just left your pc on while you went to school or work and let nature take its course instead of asking for an easily exploitable mechanic to be added to the game? I did just that the last time I fell through a floor and couldn't get out. It sucked, but I never even once thought about asking for a suicide button.

• Like 1

Yeah i really think that having a suacide button would just be used when people get mad that they are not finding good loot, and i personaly think it is kind of cowardly.

Which, again, only happened because YOU didn't properly prepare. Its one thing to not prepare, find yourself in a bad situation then have to be bothered with dealing with your mistakes. Asking the devs to make the game easier to fix YOUR mistakes or lack of preparation is just bad form. How could you possibly find yourself hours from a hospital if you didn't choose to go there without morphine? Would you travel to the far north of the map without food and water? Do you go to NWAF without a weapon? You could, but there are consequences that YOU and YOU alone need to deal with. Why did you have to crawl anywhere? Why couldn't you have just left your pc on while you went to school or work and let nature take its course instead of asking for an easily exploitable mechanic to be added to the game? I did just that the last time I fell through a floor and couldn't get out. It sucked, but I never even once thought about asking for a suicide button.

Um, morphine is one of the sought out drugs out there? I even had my legs broken looking for morphine? It's not just the north, it's the woods too.

And imagine, a first time player, rusty on survival skills, breaks his legs in a void. Quits playing and complains, nothing happens, gives DayZ bad review, stops playing. Experience ruined.

And I should use up my electricity and money for absolutely nothing? Wow, smart idea. A suicide button with a delay is a far better option.

I saw what you did there.... :P