Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

Being Able To Carry 2 Rifle Sized Guns Would Be Nice

I like the idea of having a special backpack or chest item that has fewer slots but lets you carry two rifles.  Somewhat similar to the way chest-holsters work.

Overall I wish they had gone with a STALKER-like system.  In STALKER you have a grid/tile inventory screen, but the slots are unlimited and it's only there to provide a quick visual representation of items. Instead of inventory-tetris, everything is weight-based.

So you can choose to carry more guns and ammo, making you better prepared for a fight; or you can travel light and fast and have more room to haul loot back to your stash.

Though the current system does have the advantage of more or less forcing players to advertise their weapons on their back/hands.

Edited by Brofessional

who needs the 2, you have a pistol for close and a mosin or m4 acog for long...

if anything let us put em in the backpack, but from a gameplay perspective no need for quick switching 2 rifles, a melee and a 2 pistols...

right now I have revolver and fnx...kinda weird.

I like how it is now. There are pros and cons for having 2 primary's.

If you want to carry 2 primary weapons then your sacrificing movement and the use of your hands unless you drop the weapon thats in your hands.

I like the realism of dropping my weaopn and leaving myself open when using my hands. I dont think it should change. 

No no no no no....

Sniper bandits being able to switch to a full auto gun on a whim is a pain in the ass. This isn't Doom, or Unreal Tourney...

The current system is fine, I can see maybe something for a mid sized gun like a smg or sawn off.  After doing the whole two guns thing I got sick of it and ditched my M4 sticking with the Mosin, FXN and a Magnum, reasoning I'm alone so don't want to be seen, if I encounter someone it will probably be while looting so a pistol should be okay.

I never got to experiment with the loadout, I fell off a hospital roof.

You are not supposed to run around as a jack of all trades, you should chose a weapon and by that your task in a group.

While people might be able to carry two long firearms (from a realism perspective), I don't think that it make sense from a gameplay perspective, as everybody would be running around with one close/mid-range and one long-range weapon.

This would take away a lot from the tactical aspect of combat.

You could carry three rifles in the mod, and it was fine. They took a lot of slots, and if you had two rifles in your backpack you either had 0 or 4 slots left for other stuff, such as ammo, which made people prefer guns which use the same ammo type. It adds a layer of gameplay and thought to the game. More primary slots is a must.

Edited by Ratiasu

Thats pretty much what i meant. So basically you give up stealth by being able to carry 2 rifle sized weapons rather than something like an axe and 1 rifle. The only problem would be if you run out of bullets you'd ether have to run or try to fist fight it out.

or get the axe you would keep in your backpack :) (Guessing they will be very important when you can chop wood)

If they are going to let people be super soldier cyborgs who carry multiple weapons, the least they can do is add a weight penalty.

For instance, if you have two rifles, you can not sprint or run, only ever walk.

If they are going to let people be super soldier cyborgs who carry multiple weapons, the least they can do is add a weight penalty.

For instance, if you have two rifles, you can not sprint or run, only ever walk.

So you're saying no sprinting down Balota airfield whilst hailing bullets from my Akimbo DMRs then?

1525351_390172037786766_833055665_n_zps8

if they add weapon geometry again, that person will get stuck in a few doors.

• Like 2

It really blows my mind when people think that two rifles is some sort of an enormous burden that is comparable to the fucking Ring at the slopes of Mount Doom. Come on, they weigh like 4 kg. New models even less with more lightweight materials. I could carry five rifles and a mountain bag and still run relatively fast and use my hands efficiently. Anybody could. It's not rocket science. 

When was the last time you tried running with a couple of rifles slung?

What if an extra rifle costs 5 slots, that'll really damper the owner, yet allow them the rifle itself. 

When was the last time you tried running with a couple of rifles slung?

A couple years ago, to be honest. I could even travel three full days without sleep and barely any food while carrying all that shit around! Imagine what you could accomplish when there was the added motivation of everything trying to kill you? And I'm not a big guy. In fact, I'm shorter and leaner than most, so you ain't need to be a Rambo to do it.

Being able to carry 5 weapons, 10 bags, and all my cans of beans on my head would also be nice

They shouldn´t allow multiple weapons, not without significant drawbacks (most likely either slower speed and/or very limited inventory space for other items) for gameplay reasons, and because they can´t simulate every damn thing.

You can very well carry a few rifles along with you in reality, not a problem. You can even carry all your normal gear along with the rifles, again not a problem.

It´s not the most comfortable thing though, and certainly you wouldn´t do it if not necessary...if there for example was someone else to carry the 2nd rifle. And in the long run, it would really increase the fatique and energy consumption. But still possible.

What is not really possible though is fighting with 4 rifles hanging about, banging your body with every move, weigihing you down and possibly either skewering you or even missfiring when you dive for cover. If not you, then the rifles themselves atleast would suffer some damage when you fall down on them with full body weight and that 50kg backpack you´re lugging along, and at the very least you´ll completely fuck up the zeroing on sights.

Further more, in reality you´d have a lot more stuff in that said backpack of yours. Camping equipment, clothes, hygiene utilities, tools, more clothes, cooking stuff.

So in reality it´s unlikely people would be lugging few rifles with them

A.It´s pain in the ass and there´s likely to be someone else to carry it too.

B.It really reduces your mobility and combat readiness, makes you tire faster and thus limits distances you can travel.

C.You´d already be carrying shit ton of other stuff.

and most importantly, D. you already are carrying a thing that can reliably kill people up to 300-500m atleast, and in reality that´s a long distance, you don´t need 2nd gun.

They shouldn´t allow multiple weapons, not without significant drawbacks (most likely either slower speed and/or very limited inventory space for other items) for gameplay reasons, and because they can´t simulate every damn thing.

You can very well carry a few rifles along with you in reality, not a problem. You can even carry all your normal gear along with the rifles, again not a problem.

It´s not the most comfortable thing though, and certainly you wouldn´t do it if not necessary...if there for example was someone else to carry the 2nd rifle. And in the long run, it would really increase the fatique and energy consumption. But still possible.

What is not really possible though is fighting with 4 rifles hanging about, banging your body with every move, weigihing you down and possibly either skewering you or even missfiring when you dive for cover. If not you, then the rifles themselves atleast would suffer some damage when you fall down on them with full body weight and that 50kg backpack you´re lugging along, and at the very least you´ll completely fuck up the zeroing on sights.

Further more, in reality you´d have a lot more stuff in that said backpack of yours. Camping equipment, clothes, hygiene utilities, tools, more clothes, cooking stuff.

So in reality it´s unlikely people would be lugging few rifles with them

A.It´s pain in the ass and there´s likely to be someone else to carry it too.

B.It really reduces your mobility and combat readiness, makes you tire faster and thus limits distances you can travel.

C.You´d already be carrying shit ton of other stuff.

and most importantly, D. you already are carrying a thing that can reliably kill people up to 300-500m atleast, and in reality that´s a long distance, you don´t need 2nd gun.

Valid points. Which is why the game should have a mechanic that encourages putting down your bearings when you're expecting trouble somewhere safe. Even when not carrying more guns than normal, a mountain bag should slow you down in combat.

Did a bit of research as I'm not up on guns and was wondering if there would be a real reason we cant have 2 guns on our back, and I think I found out why (least at this point in development).

I worked it out after seeing this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSMBMW2KsZk

I think its due to drawing the weapon at speed, and if a second gun was on your back, it could not be drawn as fast, in a realistic manna. So a second gun would need its own mechanics or have to be swapped over with the other gun before use (Which is probably not very realistic)

Note: this post is not related to putting guns in bag, just on back.

Did a bit of research as I'm not up on guns and was wondering if there would be a real reason we cant have 2 guns on our back, and I think I found out why (least at this point in development).

I worked it out after seeing this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSMBMW2KsZk

I think its due to drawing the weapon at speed, and if a second gun was on your back, it could not be drawn as fast, in a realistic manna. So a second gun would need its own mechanics or have to be swapped over with the other gun before use (Which is probably not very realistic)

Note: this post is not related to putting guns in bag, just on back.

I still think it should be an option when they get around to it. Just work on something to go with that idea to not make it overpowered.