Itchysock

Combat Loggers and Ghost Warriors

You are, Wukey, you are. All you have to do is say it to yourself three times each morning, and it will be true!

But to the OP, all I'm hearing in your posts is that you are all that, and that you don't like combat logging and ghosting. Oh, and you got killed by someone and you don't like that either.

Thanks for sharing, because what we really need is another whiney post from a butthurt player about something that the devs are already fully aware of and working on. So once again, thanks.

PS: I am a Lance fan. Sue me!

I said it three times to my self I turned into a toad :( shall I complain on forums? x

I am a genuine expert and master and quite happy to shout about it….I do get killed, usually my fault rather than the skill of the other player, but accept the death nevertheless and start again…..again the main point of this post (sorry if it wasn’t clear enough)is to see if anyone agrees that down the line there should be a mechanism to stop people combat logging when in combat – it’s a simple bloody question…

Well, since the whole topic of combat logging is getting quite old and most people realize it will be fixed in the future, the only intresting part of your thread is your boasting about being Mr. DayZ.

You are, Wukey, you are. All you have to do is say it to yourself three times each morning, and it will be true!

But to the OP, all I'm hearing in your posts is that you are all that, and that you don't like combat logging and ghosting. Oh, and you got killed by someone and you don't like that either.

Thanks for sharing, because what we really need is another whiney post from a butthurt player about something that the devs are already fully aware of and working on. So once again, thanks.

PS: I am a Lance fan. Sue me!

Maybe spend more time reading the posts and understanding it!  I said on my posts I take being killed on the chin, its part of the game and then just start again….also if you have played Tom Clancy  (ghost recon I think it was) and if you are in combat your team mate cant spawn if killed to help you until you are out of combat, so I was suggesting something similar in dayz so the CL and GW are show for what they really are, crap…

No comment on lance Armstrong, says it all really…

I am a total expert in Dayz though – even the developers faxed me to say so…..

If you are such a great player where are your ideas on how to stop combat logging. I don't see them? .

I have one your player stays in game for 30 secs to 2 minutes after you log and can still be killed like in eve online.

scull - my whole post was about a suggestion - like many, read it again and understand it - clue is the bit about tom clancy.....

I am a genuine expert and master and quite happy to shout about it….I do get killed, usually my fault rather than the skill of the other player, but accept the death nevertheless and start again…..again the main point of this post (sorry if it wasn’t clear enough)is to see if anyone agrees that down the line there should be a mechanism to stop people combat logging when in combat – it’s a simple bloody question…

I should think if you were a, "genuine expert", to put it your own so masterfully written words (sarcasm), you would accept that one of the current tactics used by children (mentally) currently IS ghost logging.  It is part of the game unfortunately.

8 minutes is plenty of time to NOT sit where ever you were whether covering your own ass or not.  You should have realized the first minute that they'd logged and moved out to cover where they were AND where YOU were so when they ghost logged and came up behind you, you wouldn't still be there and could pick them off from another convenient spot.

Not really a genuine expert but surely continue to pat yourself on the back.

Edited by Cinnabuns

Well, since the whole topic of combat logging is getting quite old and most people realize it will be fixed in the future, the only intresting part of your thread is your boasting about being Mr. DayZ.

thanks, i appreciate your honesty - all i had was a suggestion, for a suggestion you need a problem, whether old or not - i gave a possible solution that i have not heard yet - maybe i missed it - forum name is not for nothing, i dont always play dayz....

Don't give up on these ego posts! It's good entertainment, don't tell me you are the real tom Clancy? x

Personal shit-chat / trolling aside here, to the actual topic:

I find ghosting very irritating or the worst things you can do right now without using cheat software (no, I don't consider that "hacking" unless you would use the word "hacking" in a rather liberal way) simply because it's, well ... retarded. It's not playing fair even by DayZ game standards. It can be annoying. It is annoying. The pure concept is somewhat funny and annoying at the same time as I try to picture people sitting in front of their PC, going "LOL lets fuk shit up and own dem nubs!" mentally or worse verbally as they try to ghost out or into a situation, w/e.

But guess what? Why even complain anyway, annoying or not. Or why complain when there's a solution or fix on the horizon. The thing to fix this very soon would be private hives I guess.

I think all of you should stop feeding the troll.

silence - you have been told.

Master of DayZ Alpha - shooting on People and keeps his Position. Cries when he gets killed. That made my day...

I am a total expert in Dayz though – even the developers faxed me to say so…..

mummy told me I was special!

scull - my whole post was about a suggestion - like many, read it again and understand it - clue is the bit about tom clancy.....

Read and understood op perfectly just didn't class a 20 minute logout as a solution from such a good player that's all lol. In fact it's a really bad idea internet timeouts taking 20 minutes to recover from yeah good idea. Edited by Scull

Personal shit-chat / trolling aside here, to the actual topic:

I find ghosting very irritating or the worst things you can do right now without using cheat software (no, I don't consider that "hacking" unless you would use the word "hacking" in a rather liberal way) simply because it's, well ... retarded. It's not playing fair even by DayZ game standards. It can be annoying. It is annoying. The pure concept is somewhat funny and annoying at the same time as I try to picture people sitting in front of their PC, going "LOL lets fuk shit up and own dem nubs!" mentally or worse verbally as they try to ghost out or into a situation, w/e.

But guess what? Why even complain anyway, annoying or not. Or why complain when there's a solution or fix on the horizon. The thing to fix this very soon would be private hives I guess.

Around some of the light hearted but honest chat there is an actual point, you are one of the few that have picked up on it and commented properly, so thanks – most of the rest just like using computer jargon chat, essentially exacerbating the ´personal shit chat´.  All I wanted was an response to my proposal to stop combat loggers – if they cant take that I am a self proclaimed expert, and genuinely am, then its not my problem they cant shut up and answer the pertinent point….feeding a troll….. I think the irony is im feeding them and they are biting and missing the point…..they have no discipline to stop themselves commenting on the verbal – which would reflect their success in dayz, ie not great…..

Ghost walking is just simply unethical gaming.

But there will be a fix for that, just wait. its just too early in the alpa to implement it. the devs are aware of it.

Disconnecting and reconnecting is not a valid way of fighting, it has nothing to do with "they did everything to win". Unless you think bank robbery is a valid way of getting money.

Read and understood op perfectly just didn't class a 20 minute logout as a solution from such a good player that's all lol.

its not a 20 min log out, its you cant logg out for 20 mins from the last shot fired, essentially keeping you in the game to either run or face the fight!

"ghost warriors" are better players than you, as evidenced by their ability to beat you and willingness to do whatever it takes to win...

This is an extremely poor attempt at trolling. Ghosters should be banned from the internet for life.

its not a 20 min log out, its you cant logg out for 20 mins from the last shot fired, essentially keeping you in the game to either run or face the fight!

20 minutes are way too long for locking someone up on a server.

Besides your lack of talent for gaming-development i assume it would be fairly complicated to implement something like a "combat situation" when you are "shot at" in case you arent hit. So there would have to be a certain range in which the enemys bullet hits the ground / an object in order for you ro engange in "combat".

Nevermind tho - im certain the devs/rocket gonna implement a system in which "ghosting" isn´t tolerated and combat logger (eventually) get their well deserved punishment.

20 minutes are way too long for locking someone up on a server.

Besides your lack of talent for gaming-development i assume it would be fairly complicated to implement something like a "combat situation" when you are "shot at" in case you arent hit. So there would have to be a certain range in which the enemys bullet hits the ground / an object in order for you ro engange in "combat".

Nevermind tho - im certain the devs/rocket gonna implement a system in which "ghosting" isn´t tolerated and combat logger (eventually) get their well deserved punishment.

i am actually an expert in game develoment  - for all you out there, the 20 mins is not necessarily the time it would need to be, i just threw it out there - even 5 mins might do - and it wouldnt be difficult to do at all - i have already coded it and faxed to the developers for review....

...but you cant be the best when i claim #1 bandit on more than a handful of servers

You people are fucking idiots.

Again, stop feeding the troll.

silence, stop swearing and say something constructive in relation to the game!

Server hopping and ghosting is bullshit, but this is an alpha version. I think you'll spawn at your savehouse/camp after logging off in the future.