Katabasis

STOP! I'm the Sheriff of Berezino. . . We need to talk . . . -Vids-

Edit: a lot of people have been wondering what server I play on. Our server is public and the IP address is 173.199.86.106:2302. The teamspeak is ts5.gameservers.com:9143 only rule in ts is to be over 18 and chill. Please come hang out with us.

So my viewers wanted me to play the role of a law man wherever I spawned. I happened to spawn in Berezino... Interesting RP followed. These are the highlights from about two days of streaming but most of it happened in about 3 hours this morning. Special thanks to all the randoms I met . . . I never tire of your amazing reactions. I play only on 1st person servers and the viewers get to control the character's backstory etc. www.twitch.tv/katabasis

Episode #1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB0_irMUWTY

Episode #2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ6hMyevN5A

Episode #3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CILDxOIkrQ

Episode #4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAXMgnWct7Q

Episode #5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLaHrUEv8Zc

BONUS VID - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgdX80ju_XU (I needed to respawn fresh so that I could start on the "lawman" challenge)

Edited by Katabasis
  • Like 24

just got done with the first one, what server do you play on?  I play on the BMRF US2 first person only.  I'd love to join sometime.  I also hangout in the NE and would be honored to be a deputy. 

BAANDITTTT DIEEEE :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :emptycan:

Deputy Smiley here! If you are interested in playing with us head on over to www.twitch.tv/Katabasis at around 9P.M. western time. Or if you want head there now to get our Team Speak info. I'm currently on it right now and am willing to play with whomever wishes to join the BPD.

~Deputy Smiley

Hahaha. Thanks guys. I play with pretty much anyone so you certain can be deputized. I stream typically nightly around 9pst. Lately I've been working a lot so I probably won't stream till Friday. I play only on full 1st person servers so I rotate depending. I will also be getting a light RP server in the near future. Follow my Facebook page to see exact details.

• Like 1

Gotta love the Sheriff, and already a legend in his own lunchtime.

I really hope to tag along some day.

Gotta love the Sheriff, and already a legend in his own lunchtime.

I really hope to tag along some day.

haha well we have our own server now so you are welcome to come by.  It is still growing and we also play on other servers to find new people and have more fun.  the ip is 173.199.86.106:2302

Loved your vids. But quick question, how do you access a server with only the IP in the stand alone? I'm confused since I tried a few times with no success. I would love to be able to tag along and help out the Sheriff of Berezino!

Edit: nevermind... I found it finally... ( :rolleyes: )

Edited by Odin Lowe

Loved your vids. But quick question, how do you access a server with only the IP in the stand alone? I'm confused since I tried a few times with no success. I would love to be able to tag along and help out the Sheriff of Berezino!

Edit: nevermind... I found it finally... ( :rolleyes: )

To all those wanting to play, we will be having an event all day Saturday the 18th on our server. Players from all time zones will be hanging out ingame and meeting up on the new teamspeak. TS info will be posted soon. We are looking forward to meeting new friends and enemies in the coming months. Remember, the RP is light. No requirements to be in character or have a fully formed persona until you are comfortable with it. I think you can tell from my vids that I'm new to this as well.

P.S. You will be killed on our server at times. This is not a no kill server. You will see players RPing murderers, bandits, etc. You will also see sheriffs, military police, liars, cheats, swindlers, assassins, cannibals, vampires, and aliens....well maybe not all of that but you never know! We have some creative players!

• Like 1

I am watching Episode #2 and lierally spit out my coffee at the encounter at 4:30.

The hopelessness, despair, and sadness in this dude's face from 5:22-5:25 is pure gold!

what server do you play on or is that private ? would be fun to hang out with ya i been just solo surviving i try to help people and offer supplys and info, but most run away or attack me. on esp 2, i even made a twitch account first time ever to just watch more haha

Glad I could meet  with you guys. It's really nice to be able to help the Sheriff anyway I can. Will try and join up today's event.

Meeting up with the Sheriff of Berezino, Deputy Smiley and a women called "Mason" who had some things to discuss with the Sheriff.

2014_01_18_00023.jpg

The talks went well, The whole story/mystery hasn't been solved yet, but Mason left in good terms for now.

2014_01_18_00027.jpg

Now for a little back story on my character. (Haven't got time yesterday to explain my look and why I play this way.) Back in the end of 2012 beginning of 2013 the first player I ever encountered in DayZ mod was a nice chap named TheBoxMan319. I was pretty new to DayZ and he helped me with controls and other basic manipulations. I asked why his look was so different from others and why he didn't just shoot me like many do, and that's where he explained to me the Hero/Bandits skin changes for players based on their behavior.

arma2oa_2013_01_14_00_50_20_20.jpg

Heroes, even with powerful and rare gear, risk their lives to help strangers.

In DayZ mod, there's a stat called "humanity". When you kill/murder other players, it gets in the negatives and your character's face gets hidden with a bandana/clothe piece and you become a bandit. Easy for other players to see you've been up to no good.

On the other hand, if you kill bandits, bandage others, give morphine, epinephrine or bloodbags to others you gain humanity and passed a certain point (5000) your player skin changes to the "hero" skin. (basically your character skin in the PMC expansion/dlc for ArmA2)

Liking this style of play very much, I set my mind on becoming one, and since then been a "hero".

arma2oa_2013_04_26_00_59_52_22.jpg

That's why I tried to have a similar look in DayZ SA, and why I'm trying to help the Sheriff of Berezino.

2014_01_09_00057_Hero.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe

I am watching Episode #2 and lierally spit out my coffee at the encounter at 4:30.

The hopelessness, despair, and sadness in this dude's face from 5:22-5:25 is pure gold!

Hahaha. That moment was beyond ridiculous. Glad you enjoyed it. Come hang with us sometime.

i am so jelly of this group

Don't be jealous! I haven't been streaming much but will be doing more this next week. Tbh the only reason I post stuff is to share moments with my friends and meet new friends...I don't get paid nor will I anytime soon so I just do this stuff to meet new people and have new experiences. Drop in on the teamspeak or server sometime.

An eclectic group of misfit hereos there... good series!

More to come....much much more.

what server do you play on or is that private ? would be fun to hang out with ya i been just solo surviving i try to help people and offer supplys and info, but most run away or attack me. on esp 2, i even made a twitch account first time ever to just watch more haha

Gav just come into teamspeak or the server or the stream and introduce yourself. The server is public and the IP address is 173.199.86.106:2302

The teamspeak is ts5.gameservers.com:9143 only rule in ts is to be over 18 and chill.

Glad I could meet  with you guys. It's really nice to be able to help the Sheriff anyway I can. Will try and join up today's event.

Odin it was badass of you to take those great pics. You should work that into your backstory. Photographer maybe lol. Or not up to you. I had a great time playing with you. I know I had to jet just after you met up with us but I'm sure we will be having a ton of fun.

• Like 1

ya man i'm 36 i work graveyard so i play early in the morning but last night i spread the word in a few towns about the sheriff, got some more viewers i think

new entry i put in the server number but it is offline i guess i will try later

Edited by Gavener