Sign in to follow this  
Roshi (DayZ)

Headtorch tweaks

The angle changes of the headtorch just aren't right between different stances - particularly in first person. When you are in any stance except for standing fully upright, it is unusable. Either the light beam should be adjustable (which seems like too much drama) or should be centred on the players centre of vision (which makes sense).

Very stoked that they are in game though - I pushed for them pretty hard in the early days of the mod.

Also, it would be great to have a red-light option to reduce visibility to other players (my camping head torch has 4 light settings. 

PS I know people will say "use flashlight, you die", but hey I like the atmosphere and utility on a night server. I wish it was easier to turn of and on - e.g. via assigning a hotkey (my preference) or having a key-bind.

• Like 3

Yep, it should always be EXACTLY where your eyes are looking.

I suppose this is a problem with how the player model looks compared to where the player is looking.

Headtorches should be attachable to headgear, IMO; particularly the ballistic helmet. Or am I just doing something wrong?

• Like 3

It would actually be nice to have a modern LED headtorch with red, green, dimmed and full light settings.

The lower light would come in really helpful when indoors and you just need a little light to see items.

I also think you should be able to achieve this by wrapping a rag around the current torches to have it dimmer.

• Like 1

Headtorches should be attachable to headgear, IMO; particularly the ballistic helmet. Or am I just doing something wrong?

No, you're right. At my first duty station we got these headlamps from PETZEL that look just like the standalone model that we wore on our MICH.

Edited by Dale Gribble
  • Like 1

Amen dude.  Such a bitch to have to choose. Especially when I'm fully loaded and can't swap the helmet (4 slots) for the headlamp (1 slot) in my inventory.

No, you're right. At my first duty station we got these headlamps from PETZEL that look just like the standalone model that we wore on our MICH.

You military folk and your silly acronyms. 

+1, headtorch is unusable.

If you equip a gun and you are in combat stance, it's now centered on your "white dot" neither (it does though with melee weapons such as fireaxe).

Furthermore, lol, if you equip a compass it will stay out of the light, so that you can't see anything.