I SPENT 4 HOURS LOOKING FOR LOOT AND ARMS ONLY TO GET KILLED BY A NOOB HIDING IN A BUSH! I SAW HIM BUT I DIDNT SHOOT CAUSE I THOUGHT, COME ON ATLEAST SAY HI,, AND HE SHOT ME THIS IS THE 3RD TIME !! IM CLOSE TO QUITING THIS GAME 

You need to be more sneaky.

There are a lot of people out there that want nothing more than to kill you. If you don't want to kill people then it's usualy best to just sneak by and say nothing IMO.

• Like 5

You can still talk to people and make contact, but you need to be careful about it.  Always have cover inbetween you, and do your best to get them to shoulder their weapon, while you do the same.

• Like 2

Well that's your own fault, you took took a chance and you were wrong.

Welcome to DayZ.. actually, Welcome to Life.

• Like 3

Sadly, this is DayZ, people KoSing others is frequent and basically the normality.

Just don't get close to people with guns and not too close to anybody.

Nah, man. That isn't "Life". A lot of this behavior is frighteningly similar to other forms of cyber-bullying. Everyone is a big brave man behind a keyboard, but how many times has someone shot you and stolen your beans in real life?

• Like 1

EXACTLY SILO AND I HAD TONS OF THINGS WITH ME,, THE FIRST TIME I DIED I DIDNT EVEN SEE WHO SHOT ME.. and u die so freaking fast 

EXACTLY SILO AND I HAD TONS OF THINGS WITH ME,, THE FIRST TIME I DIED I DIDNT EVEN SEE WHO SHOT ME.. and u die so freaking fast 

Yeah, a bullet to the head tends to do just that... kill you. ALWAYS asume that people you meet are Bandits, that way you wont be disapointed, but you can get a positive surprise....

Edited by Slite

Nah, man. That isn't "Life". A lot of this behavior is frighteningly similar to other forms of cyber-bullying. Everyone is a big brave man behind a keyboard, but how many times has someone shot you and stolen your beans in real life?

Well, there is plenty of people that have been killed for almost nothing in the real world.. Also, please dont compare getting killed in a video game to cyber-bullying. That is just wrong. If you cant handle getting killed by other players, i think you should reconsider if this is the game for you.

I'm new to this game. Never played the mod. I've been playing for a few days now and have got the hang of it. I know where weapons are, I know the direction I need to head if I want to go places, and I've had plenty of positive and negative interaction with other players. I have died a lot and much of it is due to expected glitches with an Alpha. However, one major concern I have is that the game could potentially become fairly stale once I am fully geared up. Aside from some saline bags and a stockpile of food, I currently have all the weapons I need. Once I get those few last things I can honestly see why many people start KOS. There really isn't any other huge satisfaction that the game will offer at this point. I suppose the other option is to attempt to kill bandits and others that are KOS, but its honestly not much different.

Hopefully the introduction of smarter zombies in much larger numbers will provide some other type of form of satisfaction in the game. But, honestly, with the lack of zombies currently and the lack of loot variety, what else is there to do besides kill other players? I understand that this is not your typical FPS game and its more of an adventure, but unless the zombies as much or close to as much of a threat as they are in games like Left 4 Dead, I really don't think people will ever truley be "nice". It is way to easy to avoid all other threats currently. The only real threat is getting killed by other players or being killed by a glitch. The most logical thing to do to avoid death at this point is to kill any potential threat (other players).

And while its nice to be all geared up and run around with a gun, I honestly feel less safe because of how hostile everyone is. Typically, when I am a fresh spawn I am not cautious at all while running around because people are less likely to kill me. As soon as I have a rifle or even an axe, people start becoming much less friendly. I feel the same way around other random players.

Edited by paulmezick
  • Like 2

I'm new to this game. Never played the mod. I've been playing for a few days now and have got the hang of it. I know where weapons are, I know the direction I need to head if I want to go places, and I've had plenty of positive and negative interaction with other players. I have died a lot and much of it is due to expected glitches with an Alpha. However, one major concern I have is that the game could potentially become fairly stale once I am fully geared up. Aside from some saline bags and a stockpile of food, I currently have all the weapons I need. Once I get those few last things I can honestly see why many people start KOS. There really isn't any other huge satisfaction that the game will offer at this point. I suppose the other option is to attempt to kill bandits and others that are KOS, but its honestly not much different.

Hopefully the introduction of smarter zombies in much larger numbers will provide some other type of form of satisfaction in the game. But, honestly, with the lack of zombies currently and the lack of loot variety, what else is there to do besides kill other players? I understand that this is not your typical FPS game and its more of an adventure, but unless the zombies as much or close to as much of a threat as they are in games like Left 4 Dead, I really don't think people will ever truley be "nice". It is way to easy to avoid all other threats currently. The only real threat is getting killed by other players or being killed by a glitch. The most logical thing to do to avoid death at this point is to kill any potential threat (other players).

You could always try taking the role of a medic and helping those in need.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head though, there just isn't a whole lot to do at this point. That will come with time as more items and other things are added to the game, and obviously once zombies are working correctly and in greater numbers they'll provide another obstacle.

Yea don't get me wrong,I think there is currently enough to do to actually provide incentive not to die or necessarily go around killing everyone. I'm basically just suprised that anyone is shocked that people aren't nice. Its pretty much 1 of 3 things you can choose to do once you are fully geared. All of the upcoming features look like they will provide some nice incentive not to kill every player on the server.

Edited by paulmezick

You see now friends of mine have a dayz mod server that I play on. The rules are simple we dont attack each others base and we dont kill others when they are in there own base, so baseraping is a big NO. However if you are away from your base searching for equipment etc then your fair game.

we are all in TS and this does work some get annoyed others laugh this has happened to me so I re spawn and get back to my house and equip myself again. Once house, bases are established l dont think many will complain about being killed.

You see now friends of mine have a dayz mod server that I play on. The rules are simple we dont attack each others base and we dont kill others when they are in there own base, so baseraping is a big NO. However if you are away from your base searching for equipment etc then your fair game.

we are all in TS and this does work some get annoyed others laugh this has happened to me so I re spawn and get back to my house and equip myself again. Once house, bases are established l dont think many will complain about being killed.

Well that's your own fault, you took took a chance and you were wrong.

Welcome to DayZ.. actually, Welcome to Life.

lol @ comparing it to LIFE. Hhahahahaha

I SPENT 4 HOURS LOOKING FOR LOOT AND ARMS ONLY TO GET KILLED BY A NOOB HIDING IN A BUSH! I SAW HIM BUT I DIDNT SHOOT CAUSE I THOUGHT, COME ON ATLEAST SAY HI,, AND HE SHOT ME THIS IS THE 3RD TIME !! IM CLOSE TO QUITING THIS GAME 

You saw someone hiding in the bush? You thought, come on atleast say hi...

Don´t quit. I saw only one noob in this story. It was you.

Learn and enjoy. Stay a nice guy.

Edited by NoCheats

With the exception that I am not out hunting zombies in real life I behave as civil in game as I do in real life...or try to anyway. Think your right however people use games as a excuse to behave badly, most of these people were already asses now they just have a place show their true colors!

• Like 3

lol @ comparing it to LIFE. Hhahahahaha

Why not? If it's the apocalypse and i see you running around with food and ammunition etc i'd kill you in a second.

Pew pew!  Argh! /die

Cyberbullying.  It could happen to YOU!

Please don't quit the game, yes it is frustrating but the intensity and stress is what makes it so unique. I try to interact with people, but as soon as anything gets fishy I become aggressive. I suggest you do the same. Don't just fall into the KOS mentality because it makes the game one dimensional, but remember it is a fail safe to survive. That being said you never know who has a friend hiding, and the guy who messed with me after I made contact got a bullet in the back from my buddy. All that said I've made several friends in game because of interactions, so don't give up trying to interact with people. Anyways if you are still getting frustrated feel free to message and we'll play for a night.

With the exception that I am not out hunting zombies in real life I behave as civil in game as I do in real life...or try to anyway. Think your right however people use games as a excuse to behave badly, most of these people were already asses now they just have a place show their true colors!

I think you make a good point, and thank you for trying to play as civil as you are IRL