capt. beefsteak

Combat logging

Combat logging  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should combat logging be allowed??

• Yes, I'm all for getting out when I'm being shot up
    • No, It's unfair to the more steath player.
    • I'm not sure what combat logging is???

it ruins the entire experience.

Yes if this game is all about shooting people to you then maybe. You know there are other games where you can kill people?

• Like 1

Also, please define combat logging.

Because, i'm sure players with different playing styles (from the survivalist who tries to avoid all contact to the bandit camping in Elektro/Balota/Cherno) will have different takes on what is or isn't fair game.

Not sure any definition of combat logging is needed, it's fairly self explanatory, you log out in any form of combat or when you think combat is imminent (Zombie or player) then that is combat logging.

Play style is irrelevant to this discussion.

I would love to hear what you deem is 'fair game' when it comes to this?

Edited by RedNome
  • Like 1

Lol I like how some ppl make from combat loggers poor victims that are trying to play game but they are brutally mutilated all the time by evil bandits.

Truth is most of combat loggers are guys who shoot first, fail to hit target and then combat log to run away form consequences.

• Like 1

Yep, it's the bandits that have spent 30mins server hopping to get their gear that don't want to lose it when they get ambushed by someone else using the peek over walls exploit. Not the freshspawn with a tin of beans he can't even open and a torch he won't even use.

My opinion

- ANOTHER one of these threads

- Not game breaking to the point of unplayability

- Fix it later after some of the more pressing issues

Voted for i don't care. 

Add a logout timer. Problem solved. Instadeath for alt+f4, just like in the mod. (??)

Never bothered me all that much, if someone wants to get out of a firefight, fine. Just means i won.

can't believe there are some people that think it's ok to do this......it's clearly cheating, and should be punishable by instant incineration!

• Like 1

Not sure any definition of combat logging is needed, it's fairly self explanatory, you log out in any form of combat or when you think combat is imminent (Zombie or player) then that is combat logging.

Play style is irrelevant to this discussion.

I would love to hear what you deem is 'fair game' when it comes to this?

Well, i'll tell you a story which happened more than a year ago on a private server.

I'm in a small town (i think it was Pustoshka), looking for food/stuff.

My 4 year old kid calls me, he needs his daddy to do... whatever the little sob needed at the time  :D  .

So i go out of town, hide in the nearest forest and go afk.

2 minutes later, i come back greeted by a 'YOU ARE DEAD' screen.

Sidechat was enabled on this server so i whine a bit, to the tune of " Whoever killed me, that must have been your easiest kill ever... :/ " and got an answer.

Players had followed me out of town, while i hadn't noticed them.

So i go afk and i'm dead.

Now imagine i had alt+f4 instead of going afk... Couldn't they have claimed that i had purposely logged out in order to avoid combat ?

Edited by Fabik

Well, i'll tell you a story which happened more than a year ago on a private server.

I'm in a small town (i think it was Pustoshka), looking for food/stuff.

My 4 year old kid calls me, he needs his daddy to do... whatever the little sob needed at the time  :D  .

So i go out of town, hide in the nearest forest and go afk.

2 minutes later, i come back greeted by a 'YOU ARE DEAD' screen.

Sidechat was enabled on this server so i whine a bit, to the tune of " Whoever killed me, that must have been your easiest kill ever... :/ " and got an answer.

Players had followed me out of town, while i hadn't noticed them.

So i go afk and i'm dead.

Now imagine i had alt+f4 instead of going afk... Couldn't they have claimed that i had purposely logged out in order to avoid combat ?

They could maybe claim it, sure, but if you were unaware that you were being followed and had disconnected to do your thing, then that wouldn't have been a combat log, just hard luck for the guys tracking you.

• Like 1

They could maybe claim it, sure, but if you were unaware that you were being followed and had disconnected to do your thing, then that wouldn't have been a combat log, just hard luck for the guys tracking you.

Just like every rule though, the problem is where do you draw the line ?

Is combat log triggered when the first shot is fired ?

That's how it worked in the mod (at least when i stopped playing).

Yes if this game is all about shooting people to you then maybe. You know there are other games where you can kill people?

combat logging when in firefights, combat logging while saving my friend from a hold-up combat logging while i'm holding people up. do i need to go on?

combat mechanisms are not game breaking stuff.

no need to spend workforce on this until at least beta.

it is a community problem. if i knew of a good fix i would have posted.

Lol I like how some ppl make from combat loggers poor victims that are trying to play game but they are brutally mutilated all the time by evil bandits.

Truth is most of combat loggers are guys who shoot first, fail to hit target and then combat log to run away form consequences.

I wouldn't say combat logging is the #1 priority, but when most combat loggers are like this I think it should be addressed at least before beta.

It sucks when you manage to outsmart/outgun a KoSer and then they combat log as soon as you have the upper hand.

Just like every rule though, the problem is where do you draw the line ?

Is combat log triggered when the first shot is fired ?

That's how it worked in the mod (at least when i stopped playing).

It's very simple really and there's no need to over complicate it, you DO NOT disconnect to avoid any kind of situation that puts your character in danger.

In an ideal world players would self regulate, unfortunately a large percentage of players are spineless bitches and can't bare to lose their pixels so a system will have to be put in place to combat this, what this system is is down to the devs to come up with.

Combat logger = coward.  There's no point of playing a multiplayer game if everyone around you is using god mode.  

I honestly disagree with this. There comes a point when you get tired of getting knocked out by fresh spawns when you are fully geared.

I think the question is once fully geared what the fuck are you looking to do on the coast by fresh spawns bro? If not only to deserve the outcome your tired of?

there aren't alot of other games like this at all. There are other games where you can do alot of things... Combat logging?? That's for the same assholes that KoS Fresh spawns... this is the same guy i was killing but he was fully geared and on the coast... I help the freshies, because I feel that's more important than letting some fully geared asshole run up and put a bullet in there head within a few mins. It's only when these macho geared asshats feel good, Well I'm glad you logged asshole, at least it scared the fuck out of you.

I feel this is one if not the most controversal topics in the game, so people can, Oh not another blah blah all they want, but those are the same asshats that combat log and KoS fresh spawns... I will be looking for you on the coast and killing you.. I need a bandit metal, just for killing losers.

Kill em all.... But IMO I don't think eliminating combat logging will stop kos at all, not that you said it would, just what I have to say about kos and combat logging.

It's not intended to Stop Kos, as a matter a fact, it really had nothing to do with KoS at all.

I personally think you're preception on the game is wrong. It's not that you should walk around and kill everyone. It's that when you need to, or get frightened that individual should not have an out via, esc, exit.

Nor should you, imagine, your engaged in a firefight, your on the better end, you shot him... he's just bleeding out, not dead, ok so you go in closer only to realize he's not there at all.. You just got CB'ed by a whimp.

Next thing you know.. pop, pop,.. your are dead.. he just logging into another server, bandaged, moved to a vantage point, logged back into the one with you on it.. knew where you were, flanked and killed you.. It's more of a fair perspective if anything, that's where the rubber really meet's the road.. In other games it wouldn't matter all that much, however, when winning or finding anything in this game is as rewarding as it can be, I don't think that combat logging should be an option.

The only option I see is this, make a 20 minute window between being able to join each server.. That would put a bit of the fire out, meaning if it did happen you wouldn't have to look over your shoulder every 5 seconds, and #2, it's as if you actually did kill him.

Or just make it that when your bleeding, you cannot exit the freaking game...

Edited by Deepfryer

Approve of combat logging..

kg360, DanicaHamlin, Stompernaut, korpisoturi, HCHellCaptain, Pakundo,Paranoize, Alex88, Shaw

Really ?
  • Like 1

Approve of combat logging..

kg360, DanicaHamlin, Stompernaut, korpisoturi, HCHellCaptain, Pakundo,Paranoize, Alex88, Shaw

Really ?

I personally appreciate their honestly but would like them to respond on why it should be allowed.

Don't have this sort of mentality. 'Tis what created most KoS, people get KoS, and become KoS bandits.

KoS'ing is not banditry.

I personally appreciate their honestly but would like them to respond on why it should be allowed.

I work with a guy here who approves of combat logging, he calls it meta gaming and thinks it is hilarious. We don't get on so well.

• Like 2

For one, the question is dumb. "i think its unfair to the more stealth player."

I don't care about the "more stealth player" and even if I did, I don't think that combat logging is unfair to him, because if he is "more stealth" then that tends to imply to me that he could kill a target before it was able to combat log. 

If they can't fix ghosting in, which they almost certainly can't, then I don't think combat logging needs to be 'fixed.' It's two sides of the same coin. 

• Like 1