ChadPlaysDayZ

Stuck on "Please wait..." screen after "Wait for host" screen

So yeah, this has happened to me as well. Just downloaded the game today, no tutorial, kinda ran around trying to do things to work out the controles for myself. I got hit a few times by zombies, passed out. So tried to respawn, connection dropped. Reconnected, and now stuck in the "please wait" screen. Sat there waiting, for an hour, then it finally said I lost host connection.

Any time I try to join any other server, it says I'm unconciouse, and when i force a respawn, and kill myself, after the count down of 30 seconds, it says "You are dead" and that's it.. so I've baught this game, to play it, and I got to play it five minutes and now I'm unable to even spawn any where on any server...... at all... seriously, the fuck? Why on earth would there even be a glitch, or bug like this that would prevent gameplay in any shape or form?

I had the same issue of spawning into servers unconscious after dying, then respawning as dead after waiting the 30 seconds. I did as S.Pelkey suggested and it worked perfectly for me. back up and running after some minor research..

Thanks!

I have seen a couple of topics with this issue, but no real answer.  Since the last update I am unable to log onto any server, each time I try I just get "Wait for host" which stays for ages.  I can hear the birds in the background while this is on.  I have had 2 updates in the last 4/5 days, but just cannot get on.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Any advice would be appreciated as I am starting to get withdrawal.

Cheers

I have seen a couple of topics with this issue, but no real answer.  Since the last update I am unable to log onto any server, each time I try I just get "Wait for host" which stays for ages.  I can hear the birds in the background while this is on.  I have had 2 updates in the last 4/5 days, but just cannot get on.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Any advice would be appreciated as I am starting to get withdrawal.

Cheers

Topics merged (several).

When this happens I choose a low ping server and spam the connect tab.

It might take a while but usually works.

I know this is not the solution to the problem but it has worked a few times already.

Another workaround is to join a Steam friend already in a server using the Steam friends list.

Might help, might not.

• Like 2

When joining a server I get stuck at the "Please wait..." screen that directly follows the "Wait for host" screen. After re-installing the game twice and changing my profile name to spawn a new character I am still having the same issue. I found out that somehow I am lagging servers out when I join them after attempting to join a friends server several times. I don't want to lag out servers and ruin the experience for any of the other survivors so I am going to stop playing or trying to play until I get help. Does anyone have any idea how I may be able to fix this? I am capable of playing CSGO fine so I believe this is a DayZ side problem on my end.

Do u remember the contents of ur inventar? Any stacks made on protector cases, pants or something else? If u did 3+ stacks with something in ur inventar, ur char can't be loaded anymore in some cases. 7+ stacks even crashes servers.

Getting the "Please wait" screen at least gives the opportunity that ur char already can be seen by other players. Guide someone to your last postion, join and let him kill you as soon as he can see you. Should solve the problem

Carrying on from my previous post.  I am now able to login but I can only seem to login on servers that are running version 0.42.  If I go on to a server in the 'server lobby' they all say 'Server Version 0.43' but when i got to login on certain server in the top left of the screen it says '0.42' and those servers I can log onto.

So i am wondering if the 0.43 patch update, didnt take effect properly and that is why I am having issues.  Can i download the update separately and try to reapply or do I have to reinstall the game?

Many thanks

Help me. Im getting "Please Wait..." all days

couple weeks ago i jus updated some windows feature using windows updated and the problem started

When i play DayZ SA i can't join any server and always kicked by battleye (sometimes; Not responding or Sessions lost).

Then I change to Experimental and i can't even open the dayz it say "Missing executable".

Then i change back to Stable, there's no more battleye error but changed by Looooong "Please Wait..." with no end.

I do ;Result

Delete battleye in %localappdata% ;Battleye error (Session Lost/Kicked)

Update battleye ;no change

Delete .cfg and profile in Documents ;no change

Verify integrety of game cache ;no change

Restart Pc ;no change

Run Steam As Administrators ;no change

Swap to Exp ;Can't run the game, Missing executable

Back to Stable ;No more Battleye error but still can't play. (Stuck in "Please Wait")

Need help

Help me. Im getting "Please Wait..." all days

couple weeks ago i jus updated some windows feature using windows updated and the problem started

When i play DayZ SA i can't join any server and always kicked by battleye (sometimes; Not responding or Sessions lost).

Then I change to Experimental and i can't even open the dayz it say "Missing executable".

Then i change back to Stable, there's no more battleye error but changed by Looooong "Please Wait..." with no end.

I do ;Result

Delete battleye in %localappdata% ;Battleye error (Session Lost/Kicked)

Update battleye ;no change

Delete .cfg and profile in Documents ;no change

Verify integrety of game cache ;no change

Restart Pc ;no change

Run Steam As Administrators ;no change

Swap to Exp ;Can't run the game, Missing executable

Back to Stable ;No more Battleye error but still can't play. (Stuck in "Please Wait")

Need help

I'd recommend that you file this on the feedback tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com

OK, so I found out that problem seems to be in my internet connection. When "wait for host" problem occured I changed my internet connection to some different and I could connect properly. 

But the question is - why is this happening, if I can play for hours on this "buggy connection" without a problem? I have no problems with stability or speed on this connection, everything other works just fine when I can't connect to the server.

Ping the server, successful? Post your traceroute to the server. Successful? Set a proxy as your default gateway for all external connections. Switch to google dns.