Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

Logout countdown timer is needed badly. Very badly. Just met a guy in a building. Gave a friendly "Hello!" through the voice chat. Got shot twice by his pistol and he logged. Coward...

it's sad a mass majority of people here expect the game to be near finished, let's look upon the fact it hasn't even been a month in since the release of the ALPHA.

AIGHT!

Most ppl doesn't realize, if this was a "normal" AA/AAA+" game - they probably would be able to play/test DAYZ, if any in about 12-16 month.

Now u guys got the opportunity to play/test a snippet of a game, wich is in heavily dev-mode. please don't bullshit about the money u spend and the frequency devs gonna publish patches.

Patches sometimes add more issues then they should, should fix - it may take several working hours smoothing them. if you'r not kool with that, u prolly bought the right game at the wrong time.

stop begging for patches, it won't speed up any process and yes, mostly there is no ETA for hotfixes/patches/updates - to quote 3D-Realms back in the days:

WHEN IT'S DONE!

the new version runs pretty stable for the most of us - since that last patch even the zombies walk thru doors instead of glitch through walls - most improvement for me so far since livetest.

Edited by Guest

I can promise you there will be no AK in the next patch. 

post a source, or you're about to look really dumb.

As long as the next patch fixes the desync issue, i will be very happy:)

Can't wait til i can play this game again. Right now i can't interact with anything in the game, and that's not cool, bro!

And a log out timer would also be nice. Difficult to interact with people when they just "teleport to another dimension" when you say hello.. And its total impossible to hold up other players and rob them. If they don't log out after "hello", they will sure as hell do it after "lay down your backpack".

well, in my opinion they should fix combat log as the last thing man... things are so confusing that K.O.S. is the best way until they resolve the "others" issues 
and if they fix the battle log, well im gonna take mosin and drop every one i see by pure anger.

peace xD

High priority fixes should be:

1) Rubberbanding/Desync

2) Combat Logging / Server Hopping

3) PERFORMANCE in cities etc

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 6

I was just wondering if anyone had any intel on the next patch notes or if its in an experimental server? I tried to join a experimental server but the ping was always 300+. Let me know

RR

So, it's been a while since the last patch. Hopefully a big one is coming, does anyone have a clue on the ETA?

• Like 1

what the hell is wrong with server hopping ? if you even think about dealing with it, then why dont you speak about those counteless and useless loot like shotgun shells, books, pencils, paper. seriously why are they even there if there isnt any proper use .... 
and plz dont fix combat log, server hop yet ... 
let us at least have vehicles, and be able to build bases before you fix any of that 
(BTW YES I KNOW ITS ALPHA I AM 100 % aware of it  but as an alpha tester im giving my pure and honnest opinion, not really complaining)

peace

I don't care much about server hopping. If i enter a server with a nightvision pitchblack and can't see a thing i just change server, and what about lagging server or kickwave? if i'll be kicked from a server it'll be considered server hopping?

But combat logging is another story. I hate people who disconnect after the first shot to just change server, go behind you and rejoin your server. It's full of people like this camping the exit of Kamishovo to kill fresh people.

I don't know why people are so upset with server hopping currently giving people an advatange.

You do realise character data wipes are inevitable? It's happened once already, I'd have a fair bit of money riding on it happening again.

Server hopping will get addressed in due course; I'd not get annoyed about it as much as people here do...

what the hell is wrong with server hopping ? if you even think about dealing with it, then why dont you speak about those counteless and useless loot like shotgun shells, books, pencils, paper. seriously why are they even there if there isnt any proper use .... 

and plz dont fix combat log, server hop yet ... 

let us at least have vehicles, and be able to build bases before you fix any of that 

(BTW YES I KNOW ITS ALPHA I AM 100 % aware of it  but as an alpha tester im giving my pure and honnest opinion, not really complaining)

peace

translation: gimme hel1choptarz and m107s with underground impregnable basez be4 u fix teh gamezzz

• Like 4

Really, it's not the time between updates that drives me up the wall, it's the lack of any information whatsoever. This topic would not be close to 500 posts if there was at least some info from the dev team. There are no posts/topics here, dev twitter is silent about development aspects since 8 or 9 January (even more, really), just some support answers tweeted today.

It would be so much better to see something like "working on server stability / de-sync problems / whatever" or "going to implement this, this and this" with even loosely supposed ETA. Even if the ETA is not met it still would be better, because the last couple of weeks were, IMO, quite unsatisfying in terms of Dev -> Community interaction. There is a lot of feedback, suggestions, bug reports and other stuff, but we don't see any of the devs here and the last bugfix in the feedback section was at 9th of January.

I'm not saying that devs are not doing their job well, or that they are working too slow, or that they need to increase the amount of people that are actually working on the game. None of these, they are a solid team IMO. They just need to communicate with us at least a little (not to sit on forums answering our questions on a daily basis, but just to keep us updated about what's going on), with people who are their player base (and their tester base since this is alpha).

Edited by Ranadaine
  • Like 4

where is the last patch? it takes ages and with such big problems for a lot of players with Dsync!

they should release patches more often!

not only performance but also more and different loot etc!

Jesus the game is barely out and people are already impatient as duck for the next patch? Play another game, get outside, meet a chick/dude and then come back. You'll have your patch then.

The entitlement is strong in this community(mainly the new people).

• Like 2

There are no posts/topics here, dev twitter is silent about development aspects since 8 or 9 January (even more, really), just some support answers tweeted today.

zomgz. they haven't said anything in a week..

just chill and wait. they'll announce things when they can/want to.

Citation Rocket aka Dean Hall : [..] fix combat logging and some other big bugs next goal :P [..] - In reply to the question of whether the 10 million sell should be the next goal - https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Doesn´t help to much  :D 

I'm going to die if the update doesn't come out! I NEED THE AK 47!

Well, they haven't mentioned anything about adding weapons in the next few updates so I wouldn't hold your breath. As far as I know, they are working on security fixes, adding zombies, server optimization, and hunting and cooking. 

Really, it's not the time between updates that drives me up the wall, it's the lack of any information whatsoever. This topic would not be close to 500 posts if there was at least some info from the dev team. There are no posts/topics here, dev twitter is silent about development aspects since 8 or 9 January (even more, really), just some support answers tweeted today.

It would be so much better to see something like "working on server stability / de-sync problems / whatever" or "going to implement this, this and this" with even loosely supposed ETA. Even if the ETA is not met it still would be better, because the last couple of weeks were, IMO, quite unsatisfying in terms of Dev -> Community interaction. There is a lot of feedback, suggestions, bug reports and other stuff, but we don't see any of the devs here and the last bugfix in the feedback section was at 9th of January.

I'm not saying that devs are not doing their job well, or that they are working too slow, or that they need to increase the amount of people that are actually working on the game. None of these, they are a solid team IMO. They just need to communicate with us at least a little (not to sit on forums answering our questions on a daily basis, but just to keep us updated about what's going on), with people who are their player base (and their tester base since this is alpha).

Dude, they have set forth exactly what they are working on with time frames.

Jesus man, do you even read the announcements section?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

I read a post from Day[9](he's famous and respected in the Starcraft 2 scene) on facebook today in which he said he played DayZ yesterday, had an unimaginably bad experience and will never again because it was "boring and buggy beyond comparison".

I was very disappointed to see this and the reactions to that post as well... A well respected person should know better than that.

I guess I'm just disappointed in people in general. People seem to fail to read disclaimers. On the Dayz steam page I can see 2 clear Warnings/disclaimers and there's even a "what the developers say" post where they strongly advise people not to buy the game. Why the duck do people still buy the game expecting a good experience? And then there are people that buy the game, hate it, complain about the game and the devs and don't agree with the excuse "but it's alpha".. Man people should learn to read.

• Like 2

Well, they haven't mentioned anything about adding weapons in the next few updates so I wouldn't hold your breath. As far as I know, they are working on security fixes, adding zombies, server optimization, and hunting and cooking. 

So in other words this game will be unplayable for another couple months. ty

So in other words this game will be unplayable for another couple months. ty

I've played for nearly 60 hours and enjoyed the hell out of it. I'm not sure what it is you are doing wrong.

Apparently to you the game is unplayable without 200 guns. Let me ask you this. Why not just play Arma 3? It's amazing and they have all the weapons you could ever want. DayZ is a survival simulator not a military sim.

EDIT: Also here is the current road map: http://forums.dayzga...tures-for-dayz/

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 1

I read a post from Day[9](he's famous and respected in the Starcraft 2 scene) on facebook today in which he said he played DayZ yesterday, had an unimaginably bad experience and will never again because it was "boring and buggy beyond comparison".

I was very disappointed to see this and the reactions to that post as well... A well respected person should know better than that.

I guess I'm just disappointed in people in general. People seem to fail to read disclaimers. On the Dayz steam page I can see 2 clear Warnings/disclaimers and there's even a "what the developers say" post where they strongly advise people not to buy the game. Why the duck do people still buy the game expecting a good experience? And then there are people that buy the game, hate it, complain about the game and the devs and don't agree with the excuse "but it's alpha".. Man people should learn to read.

People like this can simply go and fuck themselves....

• Like 1