Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

So $30,000,000 and we have the slowest updates? Why can't they hire somebody? They almost have more money then star citizen lmao. Don't throw alpha out there. There is $30mil made. Fix it.

You don't just hire people and a week later they are completely educated on your engine and design philosophy. 

Doesn't work that way, you can hire a million people to model and texture shit but to actually get it to work with an entirely new server/client architecture on an engine that already isn't widely developed for (RV Engine) takes time to train the developers. 

Give it time ffs.

Thank you i am a Genius :)

But they Dont will reach 10fps when the Zombies come in the Game the Mist of the amd Users can Quit Gaming Because it will be unplayable for them, unplayable Means for me 15-20 fps so You will See it And then You will be Remeber my thoughs ;)

Sorry, but you somehow remind me of this guy:

6cEiM9D.jpg

Anyways, if they actually succeed to fix that issue with too many things rendering in the background (It's explained somewhere in the deep forest of the internet, ArmA2 also has those performance problems in town and they never actually got fixed), it's going to be just fine. Remember, everything is possible. They sold 1 million copies in no time, I'm sure they'll achieve more FPS, too.

• Like 3

I think it's high time we all pull our heads in and let the devs get on with making an AWESOME game.

kthxbai.

• Like 2

If my inf is right then.. already was bought 1mln of copies and it is like 30mln of dollars...probably enaught to make a game, so be patient because Rome was builded not for one day.

• Like 1

I just made an account on here after playing the standalone and visiting this forum since launch because I felt the need to say this (not that it will matter).

The amount of childish responses and ungrateful people on this forum (Like most gaming forums I've been on really) is fucking disgusting.  

You all act like this game was released as some sort of scam and now that they have all the money nothing is being done. Does anyone actually think that within one month the small team of highly talented, motivated, enthusiastic developers is going to have dayz completely bug free and perfectly optimized with every aspect of the game done?

Do you want an update every single day that sort of works for one issue or one BIG update that fixes issues that many people are having?  

Do you have the patience of a toddler with ADHD? If you do then get off the internet and go take your medicine.

Are you an entitled brat who needs instant gratification? Then go play in traffic.

This game is terrific even with the bugs and being partially done so have fun with what you have and be THANKFUL that there are hard working people out there who put up with your stupid ass and push your bullshit aside and make a beautiful entertaining game that you do not deserve.  

Yea, you payed money for this and yea it might have issues now but chances are you're going to want to be sucking the dick of every dev on the team when this game is done because it's so awesome and they will look at you and say, "No." 

How about you go create something half as awesome as these guys, THEN and only THEN will your opinion be valid.

p.s. Go fuck yourself. 

Edited by Max Planck
You are part of the problem, not the solution, behaving like this.
  • Like 1

<snip> neckbeard rant </snip>

How about you go create something half as awesome as these guys, THEN and only THEN will your opinion be valid.

And then you end it with this?  You just made your entire rant null and void you idiot.  Go borrow your dads razor and shave your neck.

• Like 1

And then you end it with this?  You just made your entire rant null and void you idiot.  Go borrow your dads razor and shave your neck.

If I borrowed my dad's razor, the blade with shatter into so many pieces your mind would explode with how tiny they are. My beard is something lumberjacks envy over. An entire ecosystem has made home to my beard and wars have been waged in the disagreement on what kind of conditioner best shines it.

In all seriousness, the last thing I ended it with was "Go fuck yourself" and that is directed at you personally and every child that is unfortunate enough to call you it's father.

another p.s. 

my dad skipped out to start another family and not pay child support so his razor would be cheap and full of child neglect so fuck that razor too

Ill fucking edit this again just because I guess I need to say it to certain mentally challenged people.

That part about me saying your opinion is valid when you create something half as awesome as these guys to have your opinion valid was directed at the whiners, criers, and the people who still say YOLO seriously only, and was meant to be taken lightly, as a joke, exaggerating how pointless and utterly meaningless the words that resemble shit fall from their lips (keyboards) are.  If you want true progress how about you learn to talk to people in a manner that shows you aren't an entitled 16 year old girl who didn't get a new car for her birthday

Edited by Max Planck
Really bad start.
  • Like 4

If I borrowed my dad's razor, the blade with shatter into so many pieces your mind would explode with how tiny they are. My beard is something lumberjacks envy over. An entire ecosystem has made home to my beard and wars have been waged in the disagreement on what kind of conditioner best shines it.

In all seriousness, the last thing I ended it with was "Go fuck yourself" and that is directed at you personally and every child that is unfortunate enough to call you it's father.

another p.s. 

my dad skipped out to start another family and not pay child support so his razor would be cheap and full of child neglect so fuck that razor too

Ill fucking edit this again just because I guess I need to say it to certain mentally challenged people.

That part about me saying your opinion is valid when you create something half as awesome as these guys to have your opinion valid was directed at the whiners, criers, and the people who still say YOLO seriously only, and was meant to be taken lightly, as a joke, exaggerating how pointless and utterly meaningless the words that resemble shit fall from their lips (keyboards) are.  If you want true progress how about you learn to talk to people in a manner that shows you aren't an entitled 16 year old girl who didn't get a new car for her birthday

That attitude is really not welcome here. Have a break to reconsider your approach to posting here.

You are not making things better here by slinging scattershot insults around, you are making it worse.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 8

Having an absolute blast with this game. Not sure if I've been very lucky or have a stunning pc but I've never suffered any issues except a tiny piece of rubber banding since the patch before last. Now, with the addition of the patch I have no issues, even some zombies have decided that the gate is not a lie.

I've been to huge cities and I don't have crazy lag or fps issues.

That being said the collision detection is definitely an ongoing issue.

I have faith any bugs and outstanding issues will be corrected in good time. When the devs get into full swing they will likely keep going until Easter.

Remember what happened to the Torchlight 2 crew. There was chatter of an mmo, but they burned out and never want to touch that game again.

Don't force these guys into a corner and cause them to produce half-baked trash like WarZ.

And please can we not descend into uncivilized, character assassinations.

*2 pence worth*

Edit: Auto correct on my phone hates me.

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 3

Thinking about halflile 2. Five years of development and a masterpiece at the end. I must be honest, as dayz  player, i check every day this forum, hoping in new updates, but as professional coder, the best way of thinking is "is done when is done". 

The best 23€ spent ever in my life. 

• Like 5

the games awesome ! just not much to do at moment. people get restless ,don't understand its a alpha that's bean thrust upon them .

i still think you shouldn't have public alphas in gaming(public betas yes ) but video games do need sales .

look forward vehicles and base building to be added myself .

• Like 1

Thank you i am a Genius :)

But they Dont will reach 10fps when the Zombies come in the Game the Mist of the amd Users can Quit Gaming Because it will be unplayable for them, unplayable Means for me 15-20 fps so You will See it And then You will be Remeber my thoughs ;)

Yea yea we got your point of view after 5 posts saying the same thing . It doesn't mean we will agree with you, stop trying to convince everyone and yourself bud.

I have to agree on the reddit thing, it's a pitty that the devs are more active on reddit than on the official forums. All information should be here first.

• Like 3

corecomanden you have to spot your dreamings, the game will never run more fluentie than now, and if you believe me or not you will see it ;)

how should they "improve" the fps when they are in every arma game on the chernarus map the same ? maybe the engine is just like that ? but i wish you many fun and luck in waiting, and when the game is unplayable for you, please give me some beans because i earnd them very hard ;)

corecomanden you have to spot your dreamings, the game will never run more fluentie than now, and if you believe me or not you will see it ;)

how should they "improve" the fps when they are in every arma game on the chernarus map the same ? maybe the engine is just like that ? but i wish you many fun and luck in waiting, and when the game is unplayable for you, please give me some beans because i earnd them very hard ;)

Yes I have a spot of my dreamings , that this game will be optimized .

I have to agree on the reddit thing, it's a pitty that the devs are more active on reddit than on the official forums. All information should be here first.

That's because people that are here have already bought the game. All devs gotta do for us here is show us a big Alpha sign and tell us to sod off...Where as the new potential customers reside on reddit, twitter and other sites. It's very important to give an appearance of ''working hard and developing''  to those potential customers.

Any other questions?

Edited by Highlander007

Will controller support be improved in the near future? It seems a lot worse than in the original mod and i find it harder to play with mouse and keyboard. 

That's because people that are here have already bought the game. All devs gotta do for us here is show us a big Alpha sign and tell us to sod off...Where as the new potential customers reside on reddit, twitter and other sites. It's very important to give an appearance of ''working hard and developing''  to those potential customers.

Any other questions?

This is what annoys us the most.  If this is their way of thinking, then quite frankly it's insulting to us.

What happened to the days of developers posting news on THEIR websites first.  Now it's splashed around on 100 social media sites.  Here's an old idea guys.  Update the webpage with news, no matter how small, the social media sites can feed from that.

Now see this rational proposal get beaten down by the neckbeards with their fingers in the ears as something slightly negative is said about the dev team...

• Like 4

I get so annoyed when I see pathetic people like you that try to justify something someone does. ESPECIALLY when you have no idea what you're talking about.

-------

What he stated is exactly what's going on, it's all over the place under the announcements section. Second half of January is when they are setting all of the upcoming goals.

Now get back under your bridge and scrub your undies like a big boy god damn it!

Edited by DrGonzo

This thread has gone completely off the rails.

The game has been out for less than a month people. Obviously those bitching don't play many early access games. A few games, that I paid for by the way, are in early access and they only put out limited info each month and often the updates are smaller than the ones we've already received.

They already put out two really nice patches that fixed some of the major issues that popped up after the alpha was released. We are lucky. They aren't obligated to do that. They provided a disclaimer. 

It saddens me that there is so much of this BS on this thread. I know it's a very small portion of the player base.

Just go away and come back in a few months. Stop wasting time and energy coming here to complain.

Or try to remember the main reason you're upset. You're upset because you REALLY like this game and can't wait for it to evolve. Stop being impatient children. 

Just stick in an AK and these sheep will be silenced for a month.

• Like 7

Anyone know the ETA on Native Oculus Rift support? I got one.. cant wait to test it with DayZ, but don't want to get banned for using 3rd party software eg vorpX.

I think devs should be the only ones qualified to post here. <_<

• Like 7

In the absence of regular official word people will speculate and thats exactly what has happened. Can you blame poeple? Thats what happens when you don't communicate enough or keep all the communication off site

• Like 2