TheWeedMan

A few Suggestions

The ability for groups to control towns, block it off and control who enters and leaves. Make it a safezone etc

Generators running on fuel can run lighting and water pumps. Oh and obviously the more you try to barricade and control the more you have to defend. It should also be destructible too....maybe driving vehicle's into barricades could destroy them or using axes could put a hole in it to sneak teams in to gain control....this then presents the danger of controlling too big a base.

Fuel sources only regenerate every few months to make it scarce. This will encourage people to come out and hunt for it, fight and die for it. With fuel needed to run generators that keep towns running or fuel vehicles...this will create tension, fueds, trades and exploring.

Cut trees down with axes for wooden planks or logs to be able to build cabins, treehouses, fences, blockades.

Introduction of nature's dangers....leaches in water, ticks or snakes in the grass, all of which occur if you stay in one spot too long and bites can make you sick. This may help to stop people camping areas to Kos. If a sniper wants to camp an area and just kill for shits and giggles then make them work for it....try sniping with no anti-venom etc

Add more dirt, mess and destruction around the place. For a place overrun with infected that probably caused mayhem, panic and chaos it looks awfully tidy. It needs fires, crashes, mess, blood...you know, all the things you see in the movies when the shit hits the fan.

A bigger variant in buildings. Too many towns and buildings look the same.

More realistic looking infected/zombies, more gore and grotesque please.

The stones found around could be used to sharpen knives, bayonets and axes.

Face scarfs and headwraps in the same colours as the bandanas are. This could then be used to display gang colours lol.

Denim and leather waistcoats and a gerry helmet for biker gangs. Would be cool to see other gang type clothing instead of every group looking like military crews.

Edited by TheWeedMan
  • Like 4

The ability for groups to control towns, block it off and control who enters and leaves. Make it a safezone etc

Generators running of fuel can run lighting and water pumps.

Cut trees down with axes for wooden planks or logs to be able to build cabins, treehouses, fences, blockades.

Introduction of nature's dangers....leaches in water, ticks or snakes in the grass. This may help to stop people camping areas to Kos.

Add more dirt, mess and destruction around the place. For a place overrun with infected that probably caused mayhem, panic and chaos it looks awfully tidy. It needs fires, crashes, mess, blood...you know, all the things you see in the movies when the shit hits the fan.

It was stated before that player structures will be added eventually but there are bigger issues to address right now. I'd about blocking off a whole town but maybe a few houses or so wouldn't be a bad idea. It all depends on how many people you have with you because you surely couldn't do it alone.

They will be adding wood for campfires, and I can only imagine there will be other uses for it as well during later stages of game development but no time in the near future.

You can already get sick from drinking the water from lakes w/o water purification tablets so there are some of these features to an extent. They are also adding animals soon as well for food to cook but i'm not sure a snake biting someone who is camping is the right way to fix KOS. IMHO KOS doesn't need fixing its knowing how to play DayZ:SA. If that guy looks like he could kill you, stay away from him, sneak around the building or get into the woods and watch him. This game is 100% about stealth, honestly. What you have to realize its either you both walk away or one of you two walks away. Its up to you to decide if you want to walk away w/ your life or if you want to die.

As for all the effects of a Zombie Apocalypse keep in mind it is an alpha they will be adding more things soon. They are focused on making a stable, well preforming gaming for all. Eye candy isn't on the list right now.

Edited by mkoval

I agree with most of these ideas, tho for making it so cars can be used to destroy barricades, they should make them rather extremly rare.

(thinking of how it is with the DayZ mod Epoch)

People there can get cars extremly easy and to be available to destroy barricades with something that you obtain that easy doesn't sound balanced (thinking of people who will obtain cars and just go kamikaze)

Yeah maybe only big heavy vehicles could do this....then defenders come into play and be on lookout etc

Great!
I would've mentioned this if you had not.

I love the idea of building up a town and protecting it against zombie migration and bandits!

Of course you'd need a lot of players and ressources to realize that, but just this would improve the community very much in a very good way!

You would need the others so you'd think twice before killing another player to get his loot or avoiding any confrontation with them.

Also it could be a great way to help new and inexperienced players to survive the first days.

They could work for the wealth of the town and could get food, supplies and safety in return.

I would also really like an ability system.

That you could learn and improve your abilities like running, aiming or resisting sicknesses by practising it a lot or reading books about it ingame.

(That would make the books more useful than they are now  ;) )
Abilities that won't get lost if you die.

Little advatages that keep your motivation but not making you superior or overpowered compared to beginners.

Anyway great work so far!
Keep it going :thumbsup:

Edited by Dearth Of Sanity

-So first of all, the towns... I already wrote something about that in this thread [http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/162529-communitiesplayer-controlled-towns/], also please try to use the search function because your ideas for a player controlled town are about the same as in the mentioned thread.

Still some words on that topic: Control who enters or leaves? You can do that by watching the town from some distance and thats the only way you can do it. No god-power will tell you if there is anyone in your town. Also no god-power can save people in a town from getting killed. There are no supernatural powers in DayZ, just the things players can achieve. Barricades will be added in the future.

-"Natures dangers" are confirmed, maybe not snakes but other stuff.

-I would also like to see some more stuff that make the towns and villages look more run down. But I dont see any point why there should be fires. Fires dont burn for years as far as I know...

-Zombies are infected humans, no horrible horror monster things. Maybe smaller injuries, but I dont want to see half rotten heads, missing arms and that kind of stuff.

• Like 1

Hmm perhaps you should check the OP Times my friend and read ALL of the posts in those threads before instructional search button guidelines are established lol.

The thing about cars destroying barricades wont happen, the current engine would not support it, think about it, if you drive a car though a metal fence, that fence is going to either bend, get torn up or come flying off. If its a wooden barricade then there would be a sort of explosion and debris would be scattered around. To do this the devs would need to spend far to much time either playing around with the current engine or integrate a new one in. It wouldn't be worth the time or effort. Yes it would be a cool factor to have in the game but its way to difficult to implement such a thing.

Not to mention every one at some point would feel like going all kamikaze and just do it for fun. Making vehicles more rare than i can imagine they will be would also be a down point. I'm guessing that there will only ever be between 5-8 working or fixable vehicles available at any one point. Having more than that would be game breaking. Chernarus is a big map with a lot of land to cover, having a vehicle would be the biggest luxury in the game.

I love the idea of controlling little towns and building your own safezone, but there is one problem, people can go to a town, log out, log in on a different server and spawn inside your barricaded town. 

Edited by Gdaddy22

I love the idea of controlling little towns and building your own safezone, but there is one problem, people can go to a town, log out, log in on a different server and spawn inside your barricaded town. 

Which is why private hives should be more promoted!

Some of these I think could be done through how players act like the first one clans could take over a town and just block it off from outsiders.

Which is why private hives should be more promoted!

Or...the server automatically detects players trying to do so and spawns them 100mtr away.

A simple log of players that have contributed in some way or another to the base would have immunity from the 100mtr spawn rule.

Or...the 100mtr spawn would apply to anyone not listed on the base owners steam friends list.

Edited by TheWeedMan

I love pretty much all these ideas, and to make it so cars could destroy barricades lets say they can only break wood barricades , and only large trucks could do this, the truck would then be half broken or maybe you'd need some reinforced homemade ram on the front of a certain heavy truck and they'd be a bitch to make so people don't go wrecking everyone's walls for fun... But like in the mod aftermath ( really fun mod btw very underrated) people make airlocks, they build two gates and link them

With walls so the attackers need to breach multiple walls . I also really like the snake idea , you could see them slitherin around in the grass maybe even moving the bushes .generators I've always wanted for dayz , it's the ultimate survival tool we modern people love to have in apocalypse scenarios , we can use it for heat and light , and being able to build light post/ street lights with scrap metal would then enable you to inhabit a city better instead of having torches or flares all over town at night . We definitely need more features in this game that make people feel like they don't need to kos , and a least having a well barricaded house or town or whatever would keep you protected , creating an environment that if you have a base you can feel at peace, and if you didn't you would at least play nice until you got into someone else's base or build your own , or else you'd die on the outside .

Snakes? In an Eastern European Nation?

Yea dude ever heard of a norther viper ? In all the woods of Russia apparently a problem for hunters. Also there are rat snakes like in New Mexico (believe it or not ) grass snakes which I'm sure aren't dangerous but also pit vipers eho live in southern siberia areas ,which are plenty venomous .