dayz1338

Blurry Vision after fighting

Hi all,

I suddenly ended up in a fist fight and took someones whole gear.

While this happened suddenly the vision was blurry and still is. Cant see shit but its not black and white.

Had to tread wounds I think with rags. Am I infected? Think the blurry was before treating my wounds though

Why did this happen? I did drink and eat in the mean time and no messages about problems. I also played more than 30 minutes afterwards but still like that.

Had the same issue, I even took a saline bag.

It seems to have to do with your "energy level" not your blood level.

"Your blood level is represented as color saturation, and your health level is represented how blurry your screen is (need PPE enabled).  You can actually have 0 blood and still be alive (has been tested) but it's an empty health pool that will kill you."
Read here.

Edited by ClassifyLP

Have you tried disabling postprocessing in your video-settings?

ALternatively you can try the Painkillers. :)

You health is low, blood and health are to diffirent things now.

Edit: You need about 5000 energy and about over 2500 water to get fast regeneration.
You health can't regenerate until you have reached full blood first.

Edited by Timmpah
  • Like 1

Have you tried disabling postprocessing in your video-settings?

ALternatively you can try the Painkillers. :)

While turning PP off is a solution, it isn't intended... >.>

Painkillers do not seem to work as off now.

All you can do is stay well fed and watered and eventually your health will start to regenerate (it will say healing in the status). Note this does take 20 minutes to kick in.

While turning PP off is a solution, it isn't intended... >.>

Of course it isn't and while I'm all against abusing gamemechanics I can't say anything but that Postprocessing is absolutely horrible.

rocket himself stated that that's not the way you need to play the game, it's just how he likes. That's nice for him - I prefer not to vomit all over my screen, though.

Of course it isn't and while I'm all against abusing gamemechanics I can't say anything but that Postprocessing is absolutely horrible.

rocket himself stated that that's not the way you need to play the game, it's just how he likes. That's nice for him - I prefer not to vomit all over my screen, though.

Agree with Kichi here - I have to turn off postprocessing almost immediately, as the motion blur effect when turning makes me feel nauseous. Whilst I don't like disabling game features (especially if it makes it easier for me), right now it's the difference between being able to play and not being able to play.

• Like 1

Agree with Kichi here - I have to turn off postprocessing almost immediately, as the motion blur effect when turning makes me feel nauseous. Whilst I don't like disabling game features (especially if it makes it easier for me), right now it's the difference between being able to play and not being able to play.

Motion blur (rotation blur) can be deactivated seperatively though and I did turn it down as far as possible. I turned PP off in the mod, but in SA... it's just beautiful without the motion blur. :D

• Like 2

Same thing happened to me. Guy tried to shoot me in the back while I was looting. I took his Mousin round like a champ, then sprayed him with my M4.

My friend gave me blood and I ate and drank everything in my inventory, took painkillers but nothing happened. I didn't notice the "healing" status, nor did I know that it mean't my blurred vision would eventually disappeared.

So I hopped on the forums after we moved to a safe area and looked around and just did what one of the other posters mentioned. Went into configure and then clicked on video, and right after I clicked video my blurred vision went away. I didn't change any settings aside from a bunch of things I turned off when I initially purchased the game.

Not sure if the healing/energy system is not working properly ( I know the blood system is because I have done saline and blood transfusions and I've seen my color return).Feel free to comment because I don't want to use game exploits but I am on the same life and every time I log in I have blurred vision and have to repeat the process of clicking "configure" then "video" every time I log in.

In fact yesterday I logged in and was quickly trying to get rid of it when all of a sudden some player comes up and tries to rob me. I had to tell him to give me a minute hahaha. long story short, he tried to kill me but I fled but the vision thing is very annoying.

Edited by Egoballer06

IF you care enough to find out how it works then check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVGxHTXbaoo#t=2370 otherwise, blood and health are 2 separate things. The blur shows how low your health is, disabling post process will stop the blur but you will still be near death (even if you do have full blood).

• Like 1

Solved it. Seems to be really a graphic setting. It also just helps to open the Video options page and go back. Don't know how that can happen straight after a fight though

Here is the quick fix for this problem. If you are not about to die, then all you have to do is go into video settings and you will see the screen clear up. You don't even have to change anything. Happened to me a few times.

Sure you can turn Post Processing off or do the glitch to remove the blur, but by doing so you are essentially removing your health meter.  If you feel you can gauge how low your health is and maintain a healthy state then go for it, but don't come crying when you get in your next gunfight and die to a single M4 shot from 300m away because your health got really low and you didn't think it did.

Also, yes.  Motion blur is a separate option.  I have motion blur disabled and Post processing is on.  I can see plenty fine, game looks good, and I can tell when I've lost a bit of health in an encounter and just need to chill and eat/drink for a bit.

Thanks for the reference Classify, but the props truly goes to our mad scientist Merino.

• Like 1

I tried food, painkillers, morphine, more food and water, vitamins, epipen... finally going into video settings fixed it

edit:: also no messages saying I was sick ect

edit:: I was close, but I am wrong.  take ~20m when at full food (and full blood) to get rid of the blur

Edited by Brimstone99

I tried food, painkillers, morphine, more food and water, vitamins, epipen... finally going into video settings fixed it

edit:: also no messages saying I was sick ect

Your health is low, you need to get to a healing status and regen your health.  Try at least reading the rest of the thread.

• Like 1

Your health is low, you need to get to a healing status and regen your health.  Try at least reading the rest of the thread.

go fuck yourself

go fuck yourself

No need to treat people like that.

Seriously though, you need to eat like seven cans of food, then drink water until it says you are completely full. Continue to eat every 5-10 minutes after the initial binge. It could take up to an hour of doing this but you will eventually get better.

• Like 1

sigh for people that don't seem to get it

black and white = low blood

blurry screen = low health

You must have healing/healthy to regenerate

You must regenerate all your blood before you start regenerating health

• Like 1

No need to treat people like that.

Seriously though, you need to eat like seven cans of food, then drink water until it says you are completely full. Continue to eat every 5-10 minutes after the initial binge. It could take up to an hour of doing this but you will eventually get better.

this is completely wrong you shouldn't drink water until you are full.

Water does not do anything for hunger. you stomach has 4000/5000~ space and one sip of water gives you 100 water and takes 50 space in the stomach. You can hold only 4000 units of water in your body at any given time meaning if you drink water until you get the message "full" you put ~7,00-10,000 units of water in your body when you can only use 4000. Also you will have to wait until your stomach empties a bit before you can start eating again.

This said when you first see the thirsty message pop up (2000 water) you need to drink 4 water bottles(500), 2 canteens(1000), or 20 sips from a well(100) anything over is just wasting stomach space that could be used to start storing the MASSIVE amount of energy(hunger) storage (20,000).

You get light regeneration at 3500+ energy and 3000+ water. This gives you 1 blood per second or health if blood is full

You get full regeneration at 5000+ energy and 3500+ water. This gives you 3 blood per second or health if blood is full

ps. You first see your hunger messages at 600 hunger

A quick tip to keep at full regeneration if you know your water is 4000. To keep full regeneration have 3 sips of a canteen every 30 minutes(6 sips from a well/or a whole bottle of water) to keep full regeneration constantly. This is however calculated if you are active the entire 30 minutes(jogging walking sprinting).

Moving in days takes 20 water and 15 energy per minute. All forms of movement uses 20 water and 15 energy. Not moving uses 8 water and 4 energy per minute.

Edited by Ynneead
  • Like 1

I've not read the posts in the thread so I don't know if someone has posted this or not:

Saline for blood if you're grey.

Solution for blurry vision: Esc > Video > Esc and it should be back to normal.

go fuck yourself

He was trying to help.

The blurriness is the only way you know you're injured (health not blood level). Sure you can disable it, but then you won't know when you're healing up...so you'll probably just die to the next zombie swipe/player punch instead of actually fixing the problem with your character.

• Like 1

He was trying to help.

The blurriness is the only way you know you're injured (health not blood level). Sure you can disable it, but then you won't know when you're healing up...so you'll probably just die to the next zombie swipe/player punch instead of actually fixing the problem with your character.

this. That moment you go wtf when a zombie one shots you but your colors are fine lol

• Like 1