fanatic72

Firefighter axe weak or hacks?

So I tried to kill one guy who has been looting that tanker near berezino. I saw him when i was about one click from the ship, so I went from a different direction and saw him walking on the deck. Then i went inside the wreck and found him there. I hit him like 4 times with my firefighter axe and he shot me, we were both bleeding and then he clipped (or teleported) through the wall. So i bandaged myself and then he came from the lower deck and i axed him like two more times and then he killed me with his magnum finally. I heard him bandage himself after that so he must have survived. As far as i know firefighter axe should kill in 2 or 3 hits, sometimes even one is enough....so what the hell was that? :( It really pissed me off because when i got hit by that axe i died instantly everytime and this was a pretty well planned murder. :D What do you guys think?

Yeah that could be but i dont understand how he survived that fall through the wall. He fell like two floors and survived without scratch...

The firefighter axe is the best melee wepaon in the game right now.  But with the servers having really bad desync and runbberbanding atm(should be fixed today with the next update, hopefully).  Your hits were not registering.  This is pretty common as of right now so im safe to say he was not hacking and its just an issue with the game.

yeah could be lag coupled with poor hit detection in game currently (which it may not be bad it may just be bad lag lol ) hard to say what happened with conviction..

Did he have a helmet by any chance?

You know those aren't just cosmetic?

1-2 hits in player head.

When I was killing newspawns in Solnichniy with my firefighter axe it took me averege 6-10 hits to kill one player.

Sometimes it was 2-3 hits in chest but mostly 6-10 hits when hitting randomly in the body.

Edited by Frosti

1-2 hits in player head.

When I was killing newspawns in Solnichniy with my firefighter axe it took me averege 6-10 hits to kill one player.

Sometimes it was 2-3 hits in chest but mostly 6-10 hits when hitting randomly in the body.

That could explain things. He might have had a helmet but so did I when i got killed in one hit.

You kind of have to get the hang of melee in this game. It's shitty and the engine isn't designed for melee. I'm pretty sure there are ballistics involved with where the hit lands. After I got the hang of it i easily one hit zombies with it, at first I would run around swinging and not hit shit. I'm not one of those assholes that starts running around trying to kill everyone right when I find an axe like a prick though.

Yeah i know i can one hit zombies easily as well but this was really messed up. And it definitely wasnt the case of killing everyone once i get an axe. I knew he was in there with a gun and i needed that stuff. :D

So I met up with a guy outside the Berezino incomplete construction building.  He wanted me to kill him so he could spawn in a better spot.  So I took out my splitter Axe, and went to work.  After a handful of blows to the head and upper body, he rplied "umm..."

So I REALLY had some fun.  I probably hit him 20 times.  He was bleeding.  The hits made sounds.  His guy was moaning. So then he tried to commit suicide.  He leaps off the top level, and then walks back over to me, healthy as a n ox, with multiple axe wounds with blood streaming from them. 

Then things get Really fun!  He finds himself the axe I used to have, and then we just enter into a beautiful ballet of death. just running around, whacking eachother with the axe, bleeding everywhere, leaping off buildings, then BAM!  All of a sudden he is crawling.  Broken leg.  After a 4 story fall?  Broken Leg?  Ok, so some things are kinda working.  I try it out, but still walk away.  Then I try to get the zombies attention, but they seemed pretty tired, and unresponsive. 

When I logged out and logged back in, I was a fresh spawn outside Soli.  I am still new to DayZ and to what I call REAL computer gaming, but when I have experienced really bad lag, which is often since I have TWC, I cant interact with doors, see other players, pick up objects, or run to a location without rubberbanding back half a kilometer.  But this felt like something else.  What me and that other survivor experienced under the moonlight outside the unfinished building in Berezino was special.  Or just lag doing things I never seen before.  Either way, Fireman's Axe should be one hit kill to body and or head according to a website I choose to believe as fact.