Sign in to follow this  
ChunkyTomato (DayZ)

Beret's

sounds like a cool idea, as i was just making sure the russian army do use berets (which they do) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_beret#Russian_Federation i do like berets i think they are quite cool and would fit in well, maybe more types of russian army gear and more types of standard clothing, maybe chinos and polo shirts, winter coats not just raincoats and so on, stuff like that should all be added in with time. Also please remove UK assault vests, they have no place in russia, rename them or something but i wanna know why they got there

and beer caps too, so you can store 2 cans one them :)

• Like 1

Chernarus isn't Russia. Also Wikipedia isn't always correct. The berets still mostly used only by special forces guys, not by whole army. And it isn't pleasant to these guys, when someone wear their berets, without being part of those forces (or a veteran). That might be fatal in post-apocalyptic Chernarus.

But here is other possibilities. Is a lot of shops of second-hand clothes, where are on sale many pieces of clothes and uniforms (also from western armies etc). Such berets is very cheap...Why not implement them, they add more possibilities to identifications..

1o2m55.jpg

Edited by gregor

Spirit_hoods_mens_lion.jpg   <.< i wan't it.. And i wan't it now! :(

Edited by Koala :3

and while we're at it:

fistful_Dollars_ani.gif

this hat and the obligatory poncho

c'mon DEVs, make it happen. We already have the Model 29 and a western holster :3

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

I think this might be a tad ridiculous, But hey, You're in a zombie apocalypse, You have a few laughs :3 Plush_Zombie_Hat.jpg  

Chernarus isn't Russia. Also Wikipedia isn't always correct. The berets still mostly used only by special forces guys, not by whole army. And it isn't pleasant to these guys, when someone wear their berets, without being part of those forces (or a veteran). That might be fatal in post-apocalyptic Chernarus.

But here is other possibilities. Is a lot of shops of second-hand clothes, where are on sale many pieces of clothes and uniforms (also from western armies etc). Such berets is very cheap...Why not implement them, they add more possibilities to identifications..

It's a russian militarised map, not necessarily a part of Russia, but it's got a lot of Russian gear. I figured the beret could be a nice addition. Berets aren't also restricted mostly to SF guys, in Australia we have blue berets that our Air force guys use. I'm well aware wikipedia isn't correct, but I'm almost certain the only coloured berets that are restricted to SF are Red, Green and Tan / Sandy colours. Not 100% sure about red.

Edited by ChunkyTomato

Again, i am not against berets. These might be even some civilian berets. I don't see point to tie this stuff with russian military berets (which really are for SF men). Airborne, marines, spetsnaz of internal forces, spetsnaz of border troops. Also as a headwear of female uniform in some military service. OK, is also pure red berets of ministry of emergency situations of Russia.

Edited by gregor