Sign in to follow this  
shawnofthedead

experimental patch 0.30.113997

Just saw this update for the experimental test servers anyone know where the patch notes are listed? do you have these posted on github?

Just saw this update for the experimental test servers anyone know where the patch notes are listed? do you have these posted on github?

If I dont see it on these forums, it didn't happen

Nobody knows yet as the patch has only been experimental for a few hours.

I cannot even find the experimental servers

There are hardly any. IMO it's better to just run the 'stable' build.

Search for DE 0-1, DE 0-2, DE 0-3, DE 0-4.  those are the only experimental servers up.  PLaying on these servers does help them roll up at the patches a lil faster im guessing, the faster we test them.  So if you save them in your favorites, and check to see if they are up from time to time im sure it helps them out somewhat.

So people actually plays early alpha game with unstable beta patch to it?  :D

For the sake of testing, that's a good thing that people are eager to play the latest version. Having said that most people are probably not dong it for testing and are just impatient to play the latest version of the game, regardless of the gameplay state.

I cannot even find the experimental servers

Currently as of the time of this post, the only Experimental server that appears up is the DE 0-1.  The other three do not appear in my Favorites.  And when trying to find them initially, I had to let the Internet tab sit for about five minutes before they finally showed up for me in Phoenix, AZ.  They have normally have upwards of 200+ ping from my location (I'm guess the DE in the name is for Germany?) so it takes awhile to find them.  

And I can confirm that the new files have messed with the graphics. Regardless of live or expermental server, I can't play the alpha with the new build.  I'll either have to re-download the files without opting in or just wait for a new build.

Edit: Just for kicks, here's what my screen looks like:  http://imgur.com/Wx9gwqD.  Kinda a combo between the loading screen and ingame.

Edited by DefilerDan

Currently as of the time of this post, the only Experimental server that appears up is the DE 0-1.  The other three do not appear in my Favorites.  And when trying to find them initially, I had to let the Internet tab sit for about five minutes before they finally showed up for me in Phoenix, AZ.  They have normally have upwards of 200+ ping from my location (I'm guess the DE in the name is for Germany?) so it takes awhile to find them.  

And I can confirm that the new files have messed with the graphics. Regardless of live or expermental server, I can't play the alpha with the new build.  I'll either have to re-download the game without opting in or just wait for a new build.

You can opt in and out of the experimental patches as many times as you want. If you opt out it just redownloads a 5mb file and you can play as normal.

You can opt in and out of the experimental patches as many times as you want. If you opt out it just redownloads a 5mb file and you can play as normal.

Ah, thanks for that. Good to know.  I'll wait a bit and get some work done.  Damn job....

Edited by DefilerDan

i have 

I woudnt recommend to play this build because its broken. You will spawn like this : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213386203

i have been getting this 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213398515

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213398500

it imposes the menu screen background when i join a server.

Edited by shawnofthedead

I woudnt recommend to play this build because its broken. You will spawn like this : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213386203

Dont play this test version of THE ALPHA because its broken?????? So you want people to not test the test? Are you fucking serious?!?!?! How the fuck do you expect the game to get out of alpha if you dont think people should test it???? Theres something very wrong with some people on this forum!
  • Like 2

Dont play this test version of THE ALPHA because its broken?????? So you want people to not test the test? Are you fucking serious?!?!?! How the fuck do you expect the game to get out of alpha if you dont think people should test it???? Theres something very wrong with some people on this forum!

The game is all Alpha, we are all testing it 'stable' or otherwise :)

Pretty his point was you can't actually play THIS version because it is that badly broken. Also only 1 '?' is need at the end of a sentence. Sorry carry on.

There's a new build now:  114008.  Seems to be working fine.  And for others as well considering there's 34 people playing on the exp server. Test away!

Edited by DefilerDan

Search for DE 0-1, DE 0-2, DE 0-3, DE 0-4.  those are the only experimental servers up.  PLaying on these servers does help them roll up at the patches a lil faster im guessing, the faster we test them.  So if you save them in your favorites, and check to see if they are up from time to time im sure it helps them out somewhat.

I am fairly certain those are NOT the experimental servers. I logged into one of them (DE 0-3) just now and had my regular gear and in the same location.

The experimental servers are on a private hive so you get a different character with different gear. :thumbsup:

There's a new build now:  114008.  Seems to be working fine.  And for others as well considering there's 34 people playing on the exp server. Test away!

Release notes:

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to memory cleanup

Server: Player location rubberbanding

Critical Security Vulnerability fixes

DevilDog, those are the esperimental servers.

For some reason few minutes (if I remember well) before your post the exp servers were restarted with the main hive, without any warning. But I can confirm you that those are the servers :)

Edit: note that I was inside before with my "testing" character and then relogged just to to find the "main" character in that server, that's why I'm sure that the hive changed tonight.

Edited by Gugolas