Greaves

Players, communicte more please.

I never shoot people without communicating first, unless i see them unloading a clip on fresh spawns. But 'tis surprising how few people have actually communicated back to me so far.

When i hold armed players up, and tell them (always voice chat) to not move or i'll shoot, about 80% simply move and get shot. Not a word. And when i walk up to unarmed players and ask them a question, most of them don't respond. They just walk away. A simple hello would be nice.

I thought communication was a core element in DayZ?

Edited by Greaves
  • Like 7

My gun does the talking.

:D

yes

my mosin never stop to talk

he is too much friendly guy also :P

My gun does the talking.

So you would rather die than communicate with me, if i hold you up? Why not play Battlefield then? There you wont have to bother getting your gear back.

Edited by Greaves
  • Like 5

So you would rather die than communicate with me, if i hold you up? Why not play Battlefield then? There you wont have to bother getting your gear back.

As if you would get a chance to hold me up.

• Like 1

As if you would get a chance to hold me up.

Don't be arrogant please, and answer my question.

• Like 2

Whoever says he aint got a mic he just having a laugh, who on earth has not got a mic in 2014, my desktop mic costs like 5 euros. Still i never shoot them if the run, i just want a friendly convo with the intention to help, i dont bloodbag and shit, just looking to exchange experiences, but noooooooooooooo. Well i might start shooting at the legs me thinks.

Less boom, pang pang, phew phew guns, more talking. Simple as that. 

I never shoot people without communicating first, unless i see them unloading a clip on fresh spawns. But 'tis surprising how few people have actually communicated back to me so far.

When i hold armed players up, and tell them (always voice chat) to not move or i'll shoot, about 80% simply move and get shot. Not a word. And when i walk up to unarmed players and ask them a question, most of them don't respond. They just walk away. A simple hello would be nice.

I thought communication was a core element in DayZ?

I gotta say, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone complain because people just walk away without talking.  Look on the bright side, at least you're not being attacked / shot by everyone you meet.

So you want me to let you know when I kill you? You want me to alert others of presence? No thanks. I'll just kill you with my revolver and gtfo before anyone comes looking.

Ask yourself this:

Would a hitman or assassin warn his target that he's about to die to have time to react? No. What you people are asking is stupid. Some people might say something first and someone like me won't. They will just do it and be done with, no talking, no insults, no problem ;).

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 1

I was a fresh spawn a few days ago,  walking around Elektro, when 2 guys start yelling at me from top of the school, tell me to stop and get on the ground, tell me to drop my gun, I follow their instructions and then I just hear a gunshot and everything goes black, why tell me to drop my stuff just to kill me ... :(

• Like 3

So you want me to let you know when I kill you? You want me to alert others of presence? No thanks. I'll just kill you with my revolver and gtfo before anyone comes looking.

I notice a lot of people here just assume they see me before i see them. This is not always the case. So i ask again, do those people prefer to die rather than communicating, and possibly getting away with your life? It seems pretty stupid. At least try to talk your way out and betray me, like a proper bandit. Although i try to do everything to prevent this, ofcourse.

I notice a lot of people here just assume they see me before i see them. This is not always the case. So i ask again, do those people prefer to die rather than communicating, and possibly getting away with your life? It seems pretty stupid. At least try to talk your way out and betray me, like a proper bandit. Although i try to do everything to prevent this, ofcourse.

I repeat. If your victim has not seen you why would you risk giving away your position and potentially letting him escape or log out. Why would a fully geared guy pussy out instead of fighting? I have tried communicating but some people won't respond or don't know English or will just pretend they will not shoot you and soon as you turn your back ratatatatat dead. And please don't assume if someone is an asshole in game he is also in real life. Some guys are just ruthless like that.

Edited by raynor009

I was a fresh spawn a few days ago,  walking around Elektro, when 2 guys start yelling at me from top of the school, tell me to stop and get on the ground, tell me to drop my gun, I follow their instructions and then I just hear a gunshot and everything goes black, why tell me to drop my stuff just to kill me ... :(

I've had experiences similar to these so many times before. The first few times I put it down to some rouge shooter off in the distance getting a lucky shot on me before the other people did, but now I am not as arogent. People are assholes. I guess that's life.

I repeat. If your victim has not seen you why would you risk giving away your position and potentially letting him escape. Why would a fully geared guy pussy out instead of fighting? I have tried communicating but some people won't respond or don't know English or will just pretend they will not shoot you and soon as you turn your back ratatatatat dead.

Because the game is not about killing? I simply dont want to shoot everyone. I'll play Battlefield if i want that.

So heres the situation. I see you looting an airfield, and sneak up to where you are, without you seeing me. I tell you not to move, or i shoot. What do you do? Move and die? Or have a conversation with me, and possibly live?

I repeat. If your victim has not seen you why would you risk giving away your position and potentially letting him escape. Why would a fully geared guy pussy out instead of fighting? I have tried communicating but some people won't respond or don't know English or will just pretend they will not shoot you and soon as you turn your back ratatatatat dead. And please don't assume if someone is an asshole in game he is also in real life. Some guys are just ruthless like that.

And he might probably repeat, that he does not want to shoot these people in the first place.

Luckily not everybody is KOS addicted maniac you know?

I wish bandis were more creative and not just pussies, who rather shoot on sight instead of making some effort to hold people up, rob them and leave them cuffed, but alive.

• Like 4

Because the game is not about killing? I simply dont want to shoot everyone. I'll play Battlefield if i want that.

So heres the situation. I see you looting an airfield, and sneak up to where you are, without you seeing me. I tell you not to move, or i shoot. What do you do? Move and die? Or have a conversation with me, and possibly live?

Log out. I'm sorry but that's whats going to happen in most cases. The guy will crap his pants and log out.

Surving means do everything it takes to survive even if that means killing other humans.

It happend soo many times both in the mod and the standalone. I would shout at people to stop or put their guns down and he will just log out, goodbye.

Edited by raynor009

And he might probably repeat, that he does not want to shoot these people in the first place.

Luckily not everybody is KOS addicted maniac you know?

I wish bandis were more creative and not just pussies, who rather shoot on sight instead of making some effort to hold people up, rob them and leave them cuffed, but alive.

Exactly. I wouldnt even mind if they still killed them afterwards, and i dont even mind people who kill unarmed players in some cases, because there are probably ruthless people in the world like that. If this didnt exist, i didnt have anything to hunt in DayZ.

All i ask for is for people to speak when spoken to, or asked a question. Keeps it fun.

Edited by Greaves
  • Like 1

see guy

make shoot

kill

take loots

move on

no words

no chance for combat log

pure win  :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

this is not pussy system :huh:

is smart 100% efficient survival system ;)

why I want to make conversation slow down process expose myself for possible danger watch bitches log out???? :huh:

that is stupid system

Edited by KoS
  • Like 2

Well then lets make a few things clear then.

People who subdue their targets, robs them, and lets them leave after are Bandits.

People who kill with no warning or any apparent reason are murderers.

====

I totally agree with what KoS said. I like the way you think bro.

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 1

If you are not the kos type, always make sure you are ready and behind cover before popping out with ' hey man ..wasssssup bro !' Give yourself every advantage before the bullets start whizzing around.

• Like 1

The fun is when you trying to hold up a group of fully geared guys, thats a challenge, KOS is way easy and unrewarding, ye sure u get shot a lot when trying to initiate a convo but hey thats what get me going.

• Like 1

see guy

make shoot

kill

take loots

move on

no words

no chance for combat log

pure win  :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

this is not pussy system :huh:

is smart 100% efficient survival system ;)

why I want to make conversation slow down process expose myself for possible danger watch bitches log out???? :huh:

that is stupid system

I know where you are coming from, and combat loggers are frustrating, but one must not give up. Killing on sight must get so boring after a while, no? Just make an effort to talk to people, its way more fun. You can still kill them afterwards, but at least you had the balls to try something risky :) 

KOS ... unrewarding

koS is unrewarding way???

you mean quick profit no risk of combat log body for loot system have no reward???? :huh:

loot is reward ;)

successful hunt is reward ;)

victory over human is reward ;)

The fun is when you trying to hold up a group of fully geared guys, thats a challenge, KOS is way easy and unrewarding, ye sure u get shot a lot when trying to initiate a convo but hey thats what get me going.

Excellent.