Sign in to follow this  
liquidcactus

Drawing on maps with pens

Ok, pretty simple really.. drawing on maps with pens..to mark locations or places not to return to cause it was SCARY. Even if people want to draw dicks on the maps I'm sure it wont really matter, I mean better to have dicks on maps than on walls in game. 

Anyway..

If we are paranoid about dicks on maps it could just be made to be text, circles and X's can be the only thing marked on maps..

seems pretty logical and legit
  • Like 2

Dicks on maps shouldn't/wouldn't be an issue because the pens on maps should be local side only.

Otherwise everybody will know your business, and people will overlap one another.

map annotations have been suggested numerous times before (though not in the last 24 hours so i guess thread is fine :P), and positively commented on by the devs

map annotations have been suggested numerous times before (though not in the last 24 hours so i guess thread is fine :P), and positively commented on by the devs

hmm searched in the search function there was nothing remotely related I could see 

You can already mark maps cant you?

With the double click you can, but that's global too.

Besides, it would be better locally with pens.

I am pro penis drawing onto maps or what have you we should always encourage penises as penises create life thus drawing a penis on a map is essentially creating life onto a map; that's deep.

Just my honest unhelpful opinion, don't thank me :)

But yes i would love to be able to mark locations on a map

Edited by twingunz
  • Like 1

Ok, pretty simple really.. drawing on maps with pens..to mark locations or places not to return to cause it was SCARY. Even if people want to draw dicks on the maps I'm sure it wont really matter, I mean better to have dicks on maps than on walls in game. 

Anyway..

If we are paranoid about dicks on maps it could just be made to be text, circles and X's can be the only thing marked on maps..

seems pretty logical and legit

If you limit map drawing to only x's and o's you will have penises on the map made out of multiple x's and o's

• Like 1

when loot is persist don't vanish after restart maybe make treasure hunt ;)

hide nice loots in forest

make X on map to show where is

leave map + note on beach for new spawn guys :)

maybe do same but is no treasure

only cannibal bandit wait with mosin and fire ready for cook :D

• Like 4

in a game where you can torture and humiliate other players, drawn dicks shouldnt be an issue.

Dicks on maps shouldn't/wouldn't be an issue because the pens on maps should be local side only.

Otherwise everybody will know your business, and people will overlap one another.

Well I'm not sure if it would or should be local side considering the nature of what DayZ is about.. I mean if someone gets your map cause you died its not like you planned to be killed and thats the risk you run marking stuff on your map..therefor I'd think it should be a global thing and I would say thats how they would implement it.. even then when you mark stuff on a map with something simple like an X or a circle its not as if you are going to intensionally indicate what it is you have marked (especially with text).. e.g a camp or your stash of meds etc 

What i want to know is if they are going to add in the location marker like in Arma 2 DayZ Mod, if you don't know what im talking about i am referring to the "Shift + Click" method used to get around, i think a cool idea would to not make the pen idea so everybody can see it, it could be implemented like the Shift Click , so you could see how far or the distance your location you have marked is, because i'm not sure about you guys, but sometimes i get lost even though i have been playing the DayZ Mod and DayZ Alpha for quite sometime now, if they implemented this pen idea it would be pretty cool to make it as the new shift click marker. Edit; it also would be pretty cool with the pen idea , that you would be able to write notes on your map (that just so you can see, not globaly) 

The Pen idea i think is a pretty cool idea :) 

Edited by GhostSlayer

I never saw any and only found out recently the feature to draw with pens was disabled but.... in a game that features zombies, killing, the ability to humiliate players and suicide.... what was wrong with people drawing dicks?

On topic, I would like to see maps handled just like the new compass where you physically hold it in your hand and have to bring it up to view it.

Somehow we should be able to wrote on it using a pen to mark areas of interest, the location of our camp or someone else's camp etc.. Only the player can see the drawing on the map unless they are killed and someone loots the map, so long as it is not ruined they should be able to view it and see the markings.

Edited by Lancer 2-2

We have paper to write on so instead of doing stuff on the map why not do it on the paper besides writing, could use the mouse to make simple personal maps/notes would cool to find a paper drawn accidntly dropped and that is secret cache.....

Totally for this. Also maps should be like the compass and held in your hand(s), not a separate screen. As with compass you'd have to walk or stand still to look at it using the 'weapon up' key (default space bar). See my thread on 'two hands' for combined use of map and compass or flashlight.