Sign in to follow this  
Scuur

Open a can of food with hands "Video Proof" all long with other great ideas

Honestly I know they tried to make the game harder by forcing people to find can openers, screwdrivers, knifes etc. But here is proof that you can open a can of food without needing anything of those things Russian  proof http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8d1_1388946256

If they want to keep it realistic they you should allow you to do this what I think it should do though is it takes awhile for the can of food to be opened as well as you only get half of what the can is.

Also I think they should have perks in the game because Honestly when I live for six days on a character and he dies I don't really care, it shouldn't be that way it should be the longer you live you can choose certain perks like running a little bit faster or lasting longer on food, water, and stamina. Maybe having better accuracy at a range or being able to hold your breathe longer the need to fit something in that people can fit there play style and actually care more about the characters. Maybe having more strength so if you get a melee fight you do a little extra damage. 

There are lots of simple ability that they could create the would not make a character Overpowered but give the person a reason to keep his character safe and out of harms way.

Also they need to bring back the debug monitor in a way or at least Kills there should be some neat thing when you kill people. Between my friends and I were dirty bandits so we enjoy camping places. I had a character with around 35 kills but I  had no way to prove that besides some of my videos I captured. 

I know there trying to keep this game realistic and I completely  agree with it but they need to add in something to fit to everyone's play style and I think adding in almost a talent tree for your character would be a great start as long as they kept it realistic and not overpowered but defiantly and benefit.

The last thing is they need to bring back bandits and heroes

Cheers Scuur 

I have dyslexia so if something doesn't make since that is why.

• Like 4

Honestly I know they tried to make the game harder by forcing people to find can openers, screwdrivers, knifes etc. But here is proof that you can open a can of food without needing anything of those things Russian  proof http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8d1_1388946256

If they want to keep it realistic they you should allow you to do this what I think it should do though is it takes awhile for the can of food to be opened as well as you only get half of what the can is.

Also, if they want to be really realistic, with the whole "you spilled some" thing...I can post a video proving you can eat food off the floor/ground.

Related:

Kg6tRGM.jpg

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

It's probably a lot more programming, but different body styles for each character would be cool. From a social engineering standpoint it could get gamers to consider getting off their asses and go for a hike once in a while, for fucks sake, when they see the benefits it provides their character.   :D 

And if you could gain perks, and learn stuff, and get more fit as you progress in the game, I'd like that too. Like, if you keep a book in your backpack for a week your guy learns something and suggests things to you. Or you could already have the knowledge and decide the book makes better campfire fuel.

Edited by Slim Skizzzle

You could probably break a can open by smashing it on a rock or just throwing it on some hard ground (like a road).  You would lose a lot of the contents but better then starving.

Just a comment on the debug monitor: DayZ is not supposed to be CoD where you should show others how many kills you got. If you kill people it should happen because you defend yourself or you want their loot. This "show other people how random you kill people" is one of the reasons why its removed.

• Like 1

KDR is not what this game is about,

I also think opening cans without a tool is a silly idea even though it is possable. If it did make it into the game and it wont, attempting to open a can without a tool should come with a chance to cut yourself, including a chance to get an infection and lose the food you were after.

I also dont think perks or talent trees are in the spirit of this game. progression in this game is about understanding it and experience playing it. not about in game talents/perks. The game needs complexity and options you need to learn. not a skill tree.

• Like 1

I'm agree with the skill tree, but it should be adaptive to your play style and not intrusive.

So no visualisation of it. You only know it because your character need/resist more or less of something after a long training or situations.

For example, in resident evil 3, more you create bullets, less jill need ingredients in quantity for them.

(This is just an example but it can be applied for other things like cold/food/stealth (noise area)/ etc...)

I'm with Byzan. This is a Survival Horror Game based off a Mil-Sim Game. This is not an MMORPG where you get skills, perks or 'talents'. Not only is that giving players an 'unfair' advantage its not really in the spirit of the game and not what Rocket, the dev team and the 'mature' community want.

Also be patient. The game is in Alpha! You should have known this when you bought the game. [so many people posting suggestions when all the major problems need to be ironed out first.] There are many more high priority things that need to be done.

My two cents..

Sobaka

TYS

I know they have a lot of work before starting to make things like that. But it's not because you have a skill tree the game will become less mature or more mmorpg style -_-". If your character become different with time passed, you'll gonna prefer he live instead of he die. Something i've found when testing the game is that it's easy to kill yourself and start a new character, get back your equipment where you leave it and continue your way. If your character become more able with time, mature player and all others will prefer thier character live instead of get back to 0.

The game is not about just get stuff and kill people/zombie. It's an experience of life in a survival world.

@hunk92

Yes I agree that your character should change with time. Rocket has talked about scars, limps and more to our liking.. knowledge. I don't mind skills as long as they are Subtle. What I mean is that it is not immediately noticed by the player. I would appreciate anything along those lines. I just don't want a skill tree to pop up and I place perks into the attribute etc. That is too gamey and not what this should be about. It should be if I do an activity X many times successfully and my character experiences that then I should get better. Like IRL. For eg. after lighting a fire with flint and kindling so many times it takes less strokes on the flint after a while. It will still be realistic and even a bit arbitrary for the most part. It might take 3x more time than normal because of other variables on any given day (your character has recently healed a broken wrist). It may be your character is having a bad day (random).

Long story short. It needs to be subtle and behind the scenes. No way of actually knowing how far your character has actually progressed. No debug moniter, visual skill tree, perks or levels etc. Must be authentic, realistic and believable. Not to mention hard.

My two cents..

Sobaka

TYS

99% of all player namely the KoSers/dead KoSers and their victims won't live long enough to upgrade the first skill anyway so it would be a huge waste of time imo.

I'm just assuming that he is filming from an actual flood/disaster area despite his calm demeanor.