crazyandlazy

So people getting kicked and banned by Battleeye are hackers?

Well sorry to tell that but private hacks will never be stopped.

Private hacks are undetectable and unstopable that's why you have to pay for them.

I really hope you're being sarcastic

Edited by TSAndrey

Utterly doesn't mean what you wish it means.

that old bans were not longer in effect and old hackers where glad that they could play again is not "utterly" different then removing the bans.

They were celebrating being back in the game. Wonder how many have been banned again that were banned in the old mechanism.

Really

How do you know ManofAwe got banned because of his previous BattlEye ban?  He also had...dun dun dun! (ominous music) a VAC ban too.

Edit: Thanks, I stand corrected. It's "dun dun dun!" not "duh duh duh!" ...I guess. :P

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 1

How do you know ManofAwe got banned because of his previous BattlEye ban?  He also had...duh duh duh! (ominous music) a VAC ban too.

For the love of god, stop calling mere cheaters "hackers." 

You are making the kids feel good about themselves, like they hacked into FBI or something.

Sorry if a bit off topic, but I always considered "Cheat"s to be a function built into the game, like cheat codes, toggle-able content after game completion such as "big head mode" etc. To me, "hacks" are external programs or data modification to give results not built into game functionality such as aimbots, teleportation, etc.

I believe he was merely kicked. AFAIK he wasn't banned, however, he hasn't been on since either...

Some people think that people that makes (private)hacks and anti-hacks are the same people.

How else you could explain that private hacks (that you pay money for) are always one step ahead of anti-hack?

Possibly, though private hacks are always wrapped up in an .EXE file. It's really damn hard to decrypt an exe. On top of that, private hacks usually stream to the person who has bought them. That is; data is sent from the hack providers servers to the client who has purchased his/hers' hacks. It is deleted every time the game shuts down to prevent any sneaky snooping of the hack files. ON TOP OF THAT, they are all probably sent in 128 bit encryption to so... DAYUM.

• Like 1

I really hope you're being sarcastic

i wish he was but hes right, and the main and or only problem comes down to the client sided part where you can edit script and pretty much do what you want with your own code to get what you want, thats how the dayz mod still has hackers, there also still using the same battleye detection software so i don't think there's a huge improvement but its some what of one, im seeing people selling hacks for $5 each, they must be making money.

Possibly, though private hacks are always wrapped up in an .EXE file. It's really damn hard to decrypt an exe. On top of that, private hacks usually stream to the person who has bought them. That is; data is sent from the hack providers servers to the client who has purchased his/hers' hacks. It is deleted every time the game shuts down to prevent any sneaky snooping of the hack files. ON TOP OF THAT, they are all probably sent in 128 bit encryption to so... DAYUM.

Well what about from your experience with being banned by both BattlEye and VAC-banned?  Did you simply download your hacks or did you stream them through a private web server?

• Like 1

Well what about from your experience with being banned by both BattlEye and VAC-banned?  Did you simply download your hacks or did you stream them through a private web server?

Kinda both, back in the day XD; when BattleEye was weak, I used to download free scripts for Wasteland, which literally anybody could edit. They were just little .sqf's. Then I decided to try and hack DayZ mod. I tired a few free ones but they were either failed attempts at CD key stealer's or just got me kicked for a script violation, by then BattleEye was shinning their guns. I tried one of those paid hacks, they're okay, but they lack functionality and their main pro is their BE bypass (which is essentially the whole ideal about paid hacks).

Edited by MANofAWE
  • Like 1

For the love of god, stop calling mere cheaters "hackers." 

You are making the kids feel good about themselves, like they hacked into FBI or something.

Thank You, finally someone else who gets it!

You have my beans Sir.

Kinda both, back in the day XD; when BattleEye was weak, I used to download free scripts for Wasteland, which literally anybody could edit. They were just little .sqf's. Then I decided to try and hack DayZ mod. I tired a few free ones but they were either failed attempts at CD key stealer's or just got me kicked for a script violation, by then BattleEye was shinning their guns. I tried one of those paid hacks, they're okay, but they lack functionality and their main pro is their BE bypass (which is essentially the whole ideal about paid hacks).

how much are the paid hacks, just out of curiousity

Some people think that people that makes (private)hacks and anti-hacks are the same people.

How else you could explain that private hacks (that you pay money for) are always one step ahead of anti-hack?

Game has zero hacks -> Hacker makes Hack A -> Antihack deployed against Hack A -> Hacker makes Hack B which finds a new security loophole in Antihack A -> Antihack B deployed -> Hacker makes Hack C which exploits a new security loophole in Antihack B -> ....

see where I'm going with this?

EDIT: It can be as simple as changing small parts of the hack to make them undetectable to the original antihack, it doesn't necessarily require the whole thing to be rewritten. AND I have heard rumours of similar situations of antihack devs leaking information/developing hacks themselves as a side income. I guess it depends on your cynicism levels and how well paid the antihack devs are - from having a vague interest in it and reading some hax0r forums, it seems that they're just a community that enjoys finding loopholes in software and making money from doing so :)

Edited by phlOgistOn

How do you know ManofAwe got banned because of his previous BattlEye ban? He also had...dun dun dun! (ominous music) a VAC ban too.

Edit: Thanks, I stand corrected. It's "dun dun dun!" not "duh duh duh!" ...I guess. :P

Hahaha, no. I was VAC banned from TF2. No other VAC secure games have been affected. This includes CSS, CS GO and Killing Floor and some others idk. Also, the Global ban message is titled by Battle Eye. Unless BE fetches data from VAC (which I doubt because they're separate companies and their banns have actual monetary value), I'm pretty sure I Battle Eye holds it's bans through all of their games, thus when banned from Arma 2 OA, I was denied entry into DayZ SA servers too. Edited by MANofAWE

Hahaha, no. I was VAC banned from TF2. No other VAC secure games have been affected. This includes CSS, CS GO and Killing Floor and some others idk. Also, the Global ban message is titled by Battle Eye. Unless BE fetches data from VAC (which I doubt because they're separate companies and their banns have actual monetary value), I'm pretty sure I Battle Eye holds it's bans through all of their games, thus when banned from Arma 2 OA, I was denied entry into DayZ SA servers too.

How exactly would they connect your Arma2 cdkey to your DayZ SA steam account?

Did you maybe cheat in Arma3?(or arma3 dayz mod?) Since arma3 and dayz share bans.

how much are the paid hacks, just out of curiousity

All I know is that (will not disclose name for purposes against free advertisement) sells them for $12.95 for a month. I advise against purchasing their hacks. Even when they post that their hacks are undetected, they are slow to update and thus you could get banned *hint: that's why I was banned*

Edited by MANofAWE

Hey, to the people complaining about Battle eye kicking them. Battle eye helps regulate server packet flow and client connections. If a user connection becomes unstable, it will often times kick the user to not cause server issues.

Remember the engine is client to server and if the client starts sending gibberish, it could mess up the server. Hench Battle eye kicks.

People cheating are going to start really having a bad time as old Arma 2 backdoor are removed.

Hey, to the people complaining about Battle eye kicking them. Battle eye helps regulate server packet flow and client connections. If a user connection becomes unstable, it will often times kick the user to not cause server issues.

Remember the engine is client to server and if the client starts sending gibberish, it could mess up the server. Hench Battle eye kicks.

The only reason why a client will send gibberish is if the actual hard data of the game is bad code (if Rocket stuffed up or someone decided to put their own code in and stuffed up). Otherwise TCP should handle all the data packet exceptions.

How exactly would they connect your Arma2 cdkey to your DayZ SA steam account?

Did you maybe cheat in Arma3?(or arma3 dayz mod?) Since arma3 and dayz share bans.

Cheating in ARMA 2 OA: DayZ mod (which is still OA), I didn't think it mattered but apparently the mod has it own security so I'm impressed, gg). Edited by MANofAWE

Hahaha, no. I was VAC banned from TF2. No other VAC secure games have been affected. This includes CSS, CS GO and Killing Floor and some others idk. Also, the Global ban message is titled by Battle Eye. Unless BE fetches data from VAC (which I doubt because they're separate companies and their banns have actual monetary value), I'm pretty sure I Battle Eye holds it's bans through all of their games, thus when banned from Arma 2 OA, I was denied entry into DayZ SA servers too.

Well, this is my thought on the issue. You got caught cheating...more than once...and in more than one game, probably others too. You're probably not going to find a lot of people here empathetic to your plight. That said, BI probably should have mentioned the fact that previous Arma 2/Dayz mod cheaters were going to be banned from the standalone before they bought the game. I don't like cheaters any more than anyone else here, maybe less in fact but that is kinda messed up.

Although to be fair, you got a global ban from BE...which was a "global" ban, so it stands to reason it would affect any BE protected games.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

People cheating are going to start really having a bad time as old Arma 2 backdoor are removed.

Pshah, BattlEye is fine. I don't know why people are complaining about it. You want to talk about a crappy anti-hack that kicks exponentially more players than it does actual hackers and on a constant basis? Look no further than industry standard Punkbuster.

• Like 1

i wish he was but hes right, and the main and or only problem comes down to the client sided part where you can edit script and pretty much do what you want with your own code to get what you want, thats how the dayz mod still has hackers, there also still using the same battleye detection software so i don't think there's a huge improvement but its some what of one, im seeing people selling hacks for $5 each, they must be making money.

Private hacks are not "undetectable" or "unstoppable" at all. It's just that they are what they are- private or paid hacks. BE constantly detected pretty much all paid cheats in Arma 2, to the point that one of the sites stopped selling their cheat.

Well, this is my thought on the issue. You got caught cheating...more than once...and in more than one game, probably others too. You're probably not going to find a lot of people here empathetic to your plight. That said, BI probably should have mentioned the fact that previous Arma 2/Dayz mod cheaters were going to be banned from the standalone before they bought the game. I don't like cheaters any more than anyone else here, maybe less in fact but that is kinda messed up.

I think there is a post from 2012 in the Mod forum from Rocket that stated if you were banned from the mod you would also be banned from the SA when it realesed as well.

The truth is that the hackers have a big advantage versus the anti-cheat devs: they doesn't have to care about anything that making their cheat to work; but developing an anti-cheat you must identify the hack while trying to having zero false positives, any other number different than zero (even a single one) will make you in trouble because even a legit customer (that have paid for the product) that is being banned without have used any cheat is not acceptable. To not risk of having false positives then an anti-cheat cannot apply a zero tolerance policy, they must be reasonably sure that the person banned is really a cheater. It's there where the private cheats lives: in the limbo of uncertainty. That user may be a cheater but you have no final evidence, hence he won't get banned.

The situation is even more complex nowadays: we run so many background applications on a PC (this about the overlays, game capture apps, streaming apps...) that is very easy for a "hacker" to hide between this mess, and it's extremely hard for an anti-cheat to discern a legit application from a cheat.

This game will be NEVER cheater free, forget it, it's impossible .. hoping to fight em is a lost war. The devs should concentrate on the game mechanics instead. In example by mitigate the consequence of a hack instead of trying to fight the hack itself. We have a good example with the rubber-banding effect (a side effect of a good intention...): one of the most disruptive hack in DayZ Mod (and ArmA in general) is the mass-teleport / mass-kill ... so instead of trying to avoid the mass-teleporting hack, you just identify it and nullify the consequence. Technically you let the script kid using his hack, but the legit players would be only minimal affected by it. You can apply the same concept to the weapons range.. the weapons damage.. whatever.

(...and for the love of the gaming lord.. don't call any player cheating an "hacker": only a fraction of them are really hackers (or skilled devs).. 99% of them are just kids that have no brain to understand how a cheat works.. they just pushes the red button...)

Edited by WalkerDown
  • Like 2

I think there is a post from 2012 in the Mod forum from Rocket that stated if you were banned from the mod you would also be banned from the SA when it realesed as well.

Well, then...that sounds like enough due diligence to me. It seems like a lot of haxxors were under the mistaken impression they'd get a clean slate in the SA after douching up the mod/Arma 2.