Sign in to follow this  
hannibaldaplaya

What can be made into Rags should be fixed because of the Zeds' infinite bleeding damage hit super power

I recently went to the NEAF and after an hour of running there I began to loot the Airstrip. When I entered one of the buildings, a zed followed me inside and I ran upstairs. Somehow, it hit me from the bottom floor while I was looting one of the rooms, and after using my bandage to bandage myself, I got hit again and started bleeding.

So I tried ripping my raincoat into rags. Nope.

So I tried ripping some pants into rags. NOPE.

So I tried ripping anything rational into rags. NOOOOOOOPE.

In only a few minutes I went from near full blood to black and white, and I then died.

I died because a zed hit me from the bottom floor, caused me to bleed (apparently until the end of time), and I couldn't rip any of my clothes into rags.

I was expecting to die from a sniper or another player, but instead this got me.

My suggestion, based on this experience is-

WIDEN THE AMOUNT OF THINGS YOU CAN TEAR INTO RAGS.

Or, you can dodge the zombies attacks instead of setting there and taking the hits.  Or if you dont have a weapon of some sort, you should just run away.

• Like 2

Raincoat and Jeans aren't something you can simply tear into rags. They're tough. I see you're thinking realistically... so, WHAT IF: You're shot in the arm/ Low on Blood?

Maybe drag and drop something sharp onto them, to turn them into rags.   

Would be cool if you could tie rope onto your arm or leg to "slow down" the bleeding, if that's medically correct. 

Edited by DaveZ

I think only being able to rip a t-shirt makes sense. Would you be able to just rip up some pants?

Now, if they made it so you could convert other clothing items to rags if you also had a knife, that would make sense as well.  In which case, I'll agree. :D

Or, you can dodge the zombies attacks instead of setting there and taking the hits.  Or if you dont have a weapon of some sort, you should just run away.

Dude, did you read his post in its entirety?  He was a floor above them.  It is a glitch in the game.  How does he avoid zombies hitting him from a different floor?  Getting hit was clearly a glitch, but he does have a point.  If you can tear up a shirt for rags, why not all clothes?  That doesn't make much sense.

I think only being able to rip a t-shirt makes sense. Would you be able to just rip up some pants?

Now, if they made it so you could convert other clothing items to rags if you also had a knife, that would make sense as well.  In which case, I'll agree. :D

Why would you not be able to rip up a pair of pants?  I could go up into my closet and rip a pair of pants in half, so no, it doesn't make sense.  

Edited by Doll8313

They should add tourniquets, or be able to craft them with rags and sticks, like a splint, or use other things.
I'd like to see litters implemented so you can move knocked out players.

Why would you not be able to rip up a pair of pants?  I could go up into my closet and rip a pair of pants in half, so no, it doesn't make sense.  

Denim pants. If you want to post some pics of you tearing up your denim clothes and/or raincoat, be my guest 

Edited by DaveZ

I always carry some rags with me. Not much point waiting for a bleeding to start. Be like a scout - be prepared. (Scouts live longer)

T-shirts and bandanas can be ripped up into rags. You're bound to find a few of each when you first spawn. Also make your t-shirt into rags when you exchange it for something with slots. You can carry stacks of up to 6 of rags and clean them with alcohol (not sure this makes a difference at this point).

[redacted]

Edited by phlOgistOn

I still would like to see tourniquets, lol, stop the bleeding temporarily until you can get some rags or band-aids-ages....

I bet a raincoat would be awesome bandage, as it is not supposed to be hydrophobic or anything  :D Same goes for jeans, i think they are not that good of a bandage. Of course jeans could be ripped with anything sharp, and they could slow down the bleeding..

The question i need to ask is this: Why on earth did you hit up NEAF with NO weapon at all? Bambis these days....

Its the apocolypse, we should be able to tear anything. Your teeth would get you going on most coats then a firm rip to finish it. I dropped my knife in the jungle once, not dropped and walked away, dropped right in front of me on the floor.....could i find it....not a chance. 3 more days of undoing, and cutting basher cords with my teeth....proper pain in the ass but i got trough fine.

Maybe jeans would be tougher, but stuff like a raincoat you could have a torn rag in a min or 2. 

THE ZOMBIE WAS BELOW ME! It was hitting me from the bottom floor while I was on the top floor, while I was bandaging! Your logic / counter to my points is just absurd.

The question i need to ask is this: Why on earth did you hit up NEAF with NO weapon at all? Bambis these days....

I had a weapon, when did I say otherwise? I had a crowbar and didn't want to spend 5 minutes on a zombie, so I went upstairs to logically loot the place before taking the problem outside.

Lol, super powers. These zombies are not that hard. Honestly. Learn2play.

I expect more from you. I agree with every post you make, but it isn't because the zombies aren't that hard. Its because it was hitting me from a floor underneath me. I couldn't even see it, yet I was getting hit. How is that not some sort of super power?

• Like 1

Lesson:

Eliminate threat first, then treat wounds.

Edited by Leto

I agree with using a knife to tear jeans/pants into rags potentially.

I don't see how a raincoat would ever be a suitable rag.  The material is just all wrong for it.

I agree with using a knife to tear jeans/pants into rags potentially.

I don't see how a raincoat would ever be a suitable rag.  The material is just all wrong for it.

It has weaved fabric in the inside, waterproof on the outside.

This is actually REALLY bad, you're stopping the wound from breathing (getting oxygen) and improving the odds of infection. 

Edit: I'm quite sure that's how it works. You have to let wounds "breathe" once and a while to get air and oxygen. Don't exactly know why... Just something that the TV tells me :P 

Edited by DaveZ

Wait people are actually having problems with zombies? The first thing i do when i spawn is turn my shirt into rags and shirts are pretty common

Edited by shadow ghoul

Had this bug happen to me, was upstairs in a building and hear a zombie groaning away, then schnapp my legs are broken by zombie !! Had to crawl down the stairs and be feasted on so I could respawn