Sign in to follow this  
Lady Kyrah

How about no private servers?

a GOOD private hive is the best way to play, but they tend to be few and far between. If yours is going to try to stay true to the way DayZ was meant to be then I'd gladly try it out. 

I'll add you to my contacts and once the server package is released, I'll send you the details to my server so you can try it out.

I only aim to keep the original DayZ experience, I was interested in the mods and what not but it's just an unnecessary waste of space on ones hard drive.

• Like 1

I think we saw good enought how private servers went in DayZ mod.

I hope there will be only public servers for SA.

I'll add you to my contacts and once the server package is released, I'll send you the details to my server so you can try it out.

I only aim to keep the original DayZ experience, I was interested in the mods and what not but it's just an unnecessary waste of space on ones hard drive.

Sounds good. *hugs*

I personally really like the idea of characters being bound to a server ... this usually means you will be running around with mostly the same people day to day (occaisonal strangers) and get to know those around you, who to help, who to avoid, etc.  Now while I love this, I know others hate it.  The only real way to appease both crowds is the public/private server seperation and I'm not really sure what all the uproar at this point is about as the game itself is still unmoddable and all private hive servers will still remain "vanilla"

AND NO PRIVATE HIVE.

It seems that the main reason people want private servers is that they refuse to lose control on their game environment, they want to be able to punish players that do not play how they think the game should be played, or they want to turn the game into something it isn't.

Others want to be able to play "only with their friends" with password protected servers. To me, this goes against what DayZ stands for, you don't get to make the rules, nor do you get to pick who you play with. Just like real life, if you are stuck with people you don't like, you have to deal with it.

If you let people start their own "community" they will try as hard as they can to make their server different from what DayZ is, just for the hope of being remembered, we already had a great example with the mod, with a million of pointless modifications that only cheapen the game.

We don't need an easy mode, we don't need "options that let admins adjust the game experience they want", or "training servers" this isn't Garry's mod, TF2 or SecondLife, this is about taking in the full experience, it's also about losing and learning from your mistakes.

Dean & co, find settings that you like and lock the game as such, no matter what they are we will be glad to take on the challenge you've set.

cheers for your post it mirrors what i think and many others who are tired of the bs the mod became. basically a pay to win disguised as "donations " :rolleyes:

thing is all you'll ever get from greedy admins who sell load outs and have no punishment is

Then join another server or just stick to public hives.

You always have the choice.

no you don't have a choice ! you are killing off vanilla because of the stupid load out sales which you shouldn't be able to sell ! and there is no punishment for doing so. strict rules need sorting before any of this bs happens as once a few start lining their pockets so will many others and it snowballs ruining the decent play many core players wanted from the start of the project.

i hope rocket and team have enough balls to stop greedy people from making money of gear they shouldn't even be able to sell. if im honest i don't think they want the backlash from so many who'll be gutted when they lose hundreds to thousands a year from admin exploitation.

some admins have earnt 20,000 plus from selling items in the mod lol that s more than some earn working through a admin tool exploit :rolleyes:

no to selling gear loadouts or any items and no different rules for private servers. also no to 3d live admin tools

• Like 1

last I checked... private hives were more popular then public hives...

I think the people...have spoken

Private hives don't stop hackers, at all.

Not all private server have a white-list system in place.

* BMRF community became very popular due the white-list system of which protected hundreds of DayZ players back when hackers destroyed the public hive in the mod.

History is just repeating it-self.

* The public hive will dwindle and the private server will become number one again.

If not the private hives, the DayZ mod would have been dead.

The one thing everyone complaining is clearly missing is that Dean won't allow private hive server owners to heavily modify the server. We can't do what Dean doesn't want us to do. So any complain or argument about "OH THERES GOING TO BE 123123123185443282384 CAR SERVERS NOOO" well there won't because we cant' do shit unless Dean gives us the tools to do so.

Not much else to say except I agree completely.

Don't split the community. Approach mods and private servers like MMOs do. (ie 'not even once').

They want a private hive to fix temporary issues?

No, no white listing either, you don't get to pick who you are playing with. You're not supposed to have control over your gaming experience.

Someones gonna be mad when the majority wins. heres a hint its you.

Not all private server have a white-list system in place.

* BMRF community became very popular due the white-list system of which protected hundreds of DayZ players back when hackers destroyed the public hive in the mod.

History is just repeating it-self.

* The public hive will dwindle and the private server will become number one again.

If not the private hives, the DayZ mod would have been dead.

yeah its true....

Most people are just waiting for dayz to be stable to they can put epoch on it or mod the server to their liking...

I like servers with halo jump to spawn...makes more sense they just appearing out of thin air from nowhere

yeah its true....

Most people are just waiting for dayz to be stable to they can put epoch on it or mod the server to their liking...

I like servers with halo jump to spawn...makes more sense they just appearing out of thin air from nowhere

They could create an animation as if you just washed up on shore, from a ship wreck. It would then make more sense of the reason that your starting from the coast.

What made people love the private servers is the variety of choices that players could choose.

* Death-match servers

* Casual Servers 

* Hardcore Servers 

* Sandbox Servers

Not to mention that ghosting / server hopping were resolved.

* Some server had measures to go against combat logging. But the problem was mostly hard to detect thank to the "Alt+F4" combat loggers.

Edited by Sobieski12

No just no lol. we need private servers.

I have thousands of servers in my TF2 blacklist and it's still not enough, i still land on modified servers 9 times out of 10 when all i want is to play the game as it was made.

It is very easy to find normal server lol. They have filters for that shit.

Not much else to say except I agree completely.

Don't split the community. Approach mods and private servers like MMOs do. (ie 'not even once').

The community is already split. It's completely fractured even now. We are split across 100s (1000s?) of servers. And not to put too much weight to it, we aren't really one community in game, just disparate groups who happen to be forced ATM to be on the same servers as each other.

Main reason private servers are wanted is to squash hackers, server hopping, combat logging, and ghosting.

You can't do those with the stupid public hive structure that is in place on public servers.

White listing and more control over the server does an excellent job of stopping the bs in dayz.

There were private hives in the mod for this reason, but then it morphed into ridiculous "7,000+ vehicles / 500+ helicopters / self-blood bag / auto-refuel / donator kits" servers. I, and I'm sure many others, do not want that stuff anywhere near the standalone. It's almost impossible to find a well populated vanilla DayZ server nowadays :(

There were private hives in the mod for this reason, but then it morphed into ridiculous "7,000+ vehicles / 500+ helicopters / self-blood bag / auto-refuel / donator kits" servers. I, and I'm sure many others, do not want that stuff anywhere near the standalone. It's almost impossible to find a well populated vanilla DayZ server nowadays :(

well, just because you dont like chocolate, doesnt mean the rest of the world doesnt like it.

The world is bigger then the few cubic inches in your head, deal with it that people like "7,000+ vehicles / 500+ helicopters / self-blood bag / auto-refuel / donator kits" servers.

If I understand it correctly, that was because the mod was a mod of ARMA2 which is how these things could be added, if the Standalone is essentially a new game then I would think what admin on private hives can do would be limited. I could be wrong here though.

well, just because you dont like chocolate, doesnt mean the rest of the world doesnt like it.

The world is bigger then the few cubic inches in your head, deal with it that people like "7,000+ vehicles / 500+ helicopters / self-blood bag / auto-refuel / donator kits" servers.

No, those servers should not exist, and it's up to the dev team to make sure it doesn't happen.

That's not the way DayZ was meant to be played though

What DayZ was originally like is what Rocket wanted it to be. It's his game

Edited by Death Dealer

Let's not predict the end of the world here.

It's no longer a mod relying on a game. It is essentially its own game and we have to see how things will go. Technical stuff included.

They want a private hive to fix temporary issues?

If experience with the mod has taught us anything, these problems are definately not temporary. They plagued the original release, and are still previlent today.

No, no white listing either, you don't get to pick who you are playing with. You're not supposed to have control over your gaming experience.

I definately do get to pick who I play with, and I see no reason why I can't have complete control of my gaming experience. The days are truly gone where I have to take a prepackaged box off the shelf and be happy with the contents it contains from some big monolithic corporate entity that wants to dictate what I am allowed to do. I don't buy those. I buy open ended platforms that actively encourage end-user content creation and modification.

Sorry, Ad Hominem alert (It's been a long day)

But I digress. You're not really upset about the fact that I get to pick who I play with, or even whether I do or don't have control over my gaming experience. What concerns you most is the fact that I won't choose you, and that there could be a server out there somewhere that won't allow you specifically to jump on and create whatever havoc you feel is allowable. Get over yourself, you're really not that important. There will be plenty of like minded individuals who'll have their own servers where you'll more than fit in, but I'm guessing that a server inhabited by likeminded psychopaths hell bent of screwing everyone over probably isn't going to be all that great, really.

That's not the way DayZ was meant to be played though

What DayZ was originally like is what Rocket wanted it to be. It's his game

its not his game, its arma 2. lets get serious.

he did not make the game, another company did, and he copied and pasted and and put a dayz name on it.....