Sign in to follow this  
Lady Kyrah

How about no private servers?

Why do you care what people want to do? It doesn't affect you in the slightest.

Thank you!

Why do you care what people want to do? It doesn't affect you in the slightest.

its because most people dont understand the world is bigger then the few cubic inches in their heads

• Like 1

well, just because you dont like chocolate, doesnt mean the rest of the world doesnt like it.

The world is bigger then the few cubic inches in your head, deal with it that people like "7,000+ vehicles / 500+ helicopters / self-blood bag / auto-refuel / donator kits" servers.

its because most people dont understand the world is bigger then the few cubic inches in their heads

Same post twice on the same page. You really want that phase to catch on huh?

Same post twice on the same page. You really want that phase to catch on huh?

I would say something, but I can't think outside of the few cubic centimeters in my pants..

Oh, wait a minute...

its not his game, its arma 2. lets get serious.

he did not make the game, another company did, and he copied and pasted and and put a dayz name on it.....

Rocket made the mod, Bohemia did not. He owns the DayZ game, but Bohemia is also involved in it. They work together

The one thing everyone complaining is clearly missing is that Dean won't allow private hive server owners to heavily modify the server. We can't do what Dean doesn't want us to do. So any complain or argument about "OH THERES GOING TO BE 123123123185443282384 CAR SERVERS NOOO" well there won't because we cant' do shit unless Dean gives us the tools to do so.

From the mouth (keyboard) of Rocket himself:

Quote: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

Server Management Options

Target Delivery: Ongoing

Additional options for those hosting servers will be rolled out as soon as we can. We want to encourage a "hardcore" mode that will operate on a separate database, featuring things like first person only, no hide body, etc... In addition, we also want to provide passworded servers that will operate on their own shard of the database. This shard could be grouped, so that a group of passworded servers could operate on their own database. Eventually, we would like to see these different communities on their own db running their own variations of DayZ to meet specific communities needs.

Umm ..."...own variations of DayZ..."... That can't be a referencing to modding, now can it!? Yes, that was sarcasm. I apologise.

And again from the Rocket direct to you:

How can I run my own server?

We want to allow private hosting, which includes passworded servers, but we are finalizing changes to our database that will allow us to run a little data instance just for that server. This gives the best of both having a database and having a private community, without those private communities affecting the main database.

I've got another quote floating around where Rocket spoke to the planned release of the server exe with DayZ at release (i.e. after Alpha/Beta), but can't track the source. So I won't include that, yet.

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 1