Sign in to follow this  
gdubmx

Optimization

Hi guys, would it be at all possible for someone to shed some light on future optimization? for example a possible timescale or date to expect this to happen.

im currently undergoing a new build and just wondered if my performance in-game will increase further due to optimization of the Standalone at a later date.

thanks alot

I hope is one or 2 guys on dev team focus 100% for this don't worry for nothing else :|

I hope is one or 2 guys on dev team focus 100% for this don't worry for nothing else :|

sorry i dont quite understand what you mean.. do you mean you hope there is 1 or 2 guys on the dev team who are solely dedicated to optimizing the game and dont worry about anything else, just optimization?

sorry i dont quite understand what you mean.. do you mean you hope there is 1 or 2 guys on the dev team who are solely dedicated to optimizing the game and dont worry about anything else, just optimization?

what I saying is I hope one or 2 guys from dev team don't have list for jobs like new clown mask and extra cereal box also some optimize :huh:

they doing work ONLY ON OPTIMIZE >:(

they don't have nothing else for worry :thumbsup:  ;)

I think he means, he hopes there are 1 or 2 people dedicated to optimizing and their focus is only that.

Although we don't have a time frame on when optimization will start or finish, I do think the game will run far better than it does currently. There is so much that needs to be done, that one cannot look at the Alpha currently and think it wouldn't run better after optimization.

On one hand, there will be some optimisation, which will increase the frame rate eventually.
On the other hand, there will be more zombies, objects, cars and players, so we might actually see a hit in the frame rate over time.

It's all guess work right now.

Edited by ClassifyLP

There will be no optimization. At least nothing major, we can be lucky if we get a handful more FPS.

The engine is 13 years old. If they were capable of optimization they would've done it by now.

Don't say "It's Alpha", the engine is OLD.

Arma 1 = Never had decent FPS

Arma 2 = Never had decent FPS

Take On Helicopters = Even worse than Arma

Arma 3 = A little bit better, but still pretty bad.

lol awesome, well that solves that then. cheers guys