DevilDog (DayZ)

You don't blend in

I followed these two guys for a while, just hanging out in the tree line as they ran along. They stuck out like a sore thumb man.

2014-01-04_00003_zps03871a8b.jpg

• Like 2

I've noticed this as well. Gun sounds, and gun accuracy is what brothers me the most. But, of course its a work in progress. I'm willing to wait for some updates.

I've noticed this as well. Gun sounds, and gun accuracy is what brothers me the most. But, of course its a work in progress. I'm willing to wait for some updates.

5cbrjt.jpg

Saw a guy running through town with no pants and a yellow rain jacket earlier. Really makes you wonder what some people are thinking in this game. 

snip

Should go more in-depth. Last time I played the gun sounds were all messed up. Granted I haven't play since release week.

You...you helped them in the end...right?

Nah they gave me no reason to shoot them. I was really hoping the guy with the Mosin would lay down some place to start sniping people. Would have taken him out for sure then. I enjoy following people in this game and taking surveillance photos of them. You know like what Rambo was supposed to be doing lol. It is actually pretty tough some times to follow people.

• Like 3

I tried to play a medic and wore the brightest colours I could find so anybody in their right mind would KNOW I am not trying to be sneaky

still got shot on sight of course... killed one of them but the other got me.

Interesting side note: with enough energy, blood, water and health you do not go unconscious even when severely hurt (several bullet hits)

Lately all I do is stalk people in game. I don't kill them unless they notice me and get unfriendly. I take a screenshot of them.

It would be cool if there was a place to post all the pics of people you take that thought they went undetected.

Always been the problem with DayZ.

Grass dose not render after a certain distance (rendering can be basically removed in config files)

Sure its to boost FPS / or what ever lol.

Even in a ghillie suit they would of stuck out (maybe not as much but to a trained DayZ player you can spot moment a mile off camouflaged or not).

Fucks given: 0

20pxyx4.jpg

That could be my character, except I prefer the red, have a red motorcycle helmet on and usually carring a med kit in hand. But that's 'cause I play a medic in-game and don't want the blood to ruin my look :) .

And to those who think there full mil camo is all that, go test it with a buddy. It isn't all that anyway, when you come right down to it. LoD is going to kill any concealment you think you're in, and that cover you're hiding behind doesn't care what colour you are.

Edited by DJPorterNZ

Wait, what? You mean orange rain coats aren't good to wear? All of my crew and I roll around in bright orange raincoats exclusively... we have dropped some of the best tactical shirts and jackets in exchange for these. You could say that we really do not give a sheet.

(Besides, orange is my favorite color.)

Edited by Lue

And here i was thinking we were being unique...how many people were in the group you were following?

Just the two of them. There was a group of four guys just north of them. The group of four looked like CQF guys judging by their coordinated movements. I know you play on their server, would be awesome if these guys were you :thumbsup:

They were in the treeline on the west side of that huge mountain by the powerlines when I came across them.

Edited by DevilDog

Nah they gave me no reason to shoot them. I was really hoping the guy with the Mosin would lay down some place to start sniping people. Would have taken him out for sure then. I enjoy following people in this game and taking surveillance photos of them. You know like what Rambo was supposed to be doing lol. It is actually pretty tough some times to follow people.

you do exactly what i like to do its a hell of a rush to follow behind one person let alone 2. you have my beans sir, kudos to you. i hope more people try this play style its really intense.

you do exactly what i like to do its a hell of a rush to follow behind one person let alone 2. you have my beans sir, kudos to you. i hope more people try this play style its really intense.

Between your post and SJKSJK's post I think I will make a Surveillance or Stalker thread. The challenge is to take pictures of other players without them seeing you. I think it could create some awesome out comes.

I've done that, run around in garbage gear trying to get away from the heavily populated areas.  When I have nothing to lose, I don't mind running in the open with crap gear.  Hell, yesterday when my character was wiped, (still getting tired of my character randomly wipeing and my friends still have their gear, can't figure out what is causeing it.) I ran into one of the Elektro fire stations because I had almost no gear.  Then got sniped.

Interesting idea as it certainly would give those players with a bit of field craft something to do rather than sniping.

Fully kitted out and I still wear my yellow raincoat.

When I roll, I roll in style (and stay dry!).

It's quite funny occasion, especially when I hear shots, prone with a nice view in some bushes then remember I'm wearing a bright yellow raincoat.