blurhitz

Harder each day

Every time I get a lot of good gear, food, water etc.. the game just gets pointless, and I know this has been discussed a lot. It is like this since I started playing DayZ (in the mod like 1 year and a half ago).

In the mod it was the same thing but I also needed to get a bike (not that hard). But this time I have a suggestion; I've played some hardcore games where it gets harder and harder each day you survive, so you always have a point, and the game is always hardcore (not just at the beggining where you have nothing).

What about implementing this in DayZ? I don't know how, maybe your character gets hunger and thirst faster each day? Or maybe, because of the virus spreading, it gets more vulnerable to diseases? What's your opinion?

They just need to implement more stuff to do, not only things like construction and vehicles but also meta-game stuff like territory control and clan warfare, a strategic resource system even, that sort of stuff. Something to strive for, contribute to, organize groups around and to give a sense of something more than an elaborate version of UT2004 happening in the world, to make it more dynamic.

It would be different if the world was procedural and/or alterable in some way but its static and completely uninteractive, there essentially as a thematic backdrop to the 'action'. Looting the same items from the same spots from the same buildings from the same locations is bound to get tedious and boring considering gearing up can take only like 20 min for people who want to do it fast. It might be fine for a mod where the expectations are lower, I've put hundreds of hours into, for example, the cRPG mod of Mound and Blade, playing the same couple of maps over and over but if they announced a standalone version of that I would be disappointed if all their aspirations came down to doing the same thing and little else, not expanding the core gameplay at all.

Edited by Mookzen
  • Like 3

That sounds awful imho. Once more content is added the game will become more enjoyable the later your character goes. The standalone will have more to do than the mod in terms of customization of vehicles and weapons alike, meaning you'll have to hunt harder to get exactly what you want. The more prone to illness and hunger/thirst is just punishing for those who don't run around on the shore and deathmatch. 

• Like 3

They just need to implement more stuff to do, not only things like construction and vehicles but also meta-game stuff like territory control and clan warfare, a strategic resource system even, that sort of stuff. Something to strive for, contribute to, organize groups around and to give a sense of something more than an elaborate version of UT2004 happening in the world, to make it more dynamic via playerbase action.

No...

I think it kinda gets harder with more gear..the thought of loss!

ah to have the care free innocence of a fresh coast spawn

• Like 2

I'd have tons of stuff to do if they'd just slap a red arm band on murderers with a humanity system.

• Like 1

Guys, I'm not talking just about things you can do in the game. I'm talking about the difficulty! Because, hardcore games need to be... hardcore. ._.

I was thinking about this earlier... Like when they have base building thats fine and dandy but what about down times? I was even thinking he could go about adding different attributes to different races of characters.... allowing people to do "exercises" to improve certain aspects.... There are a lot of interesting things that could be added when a player has gotten bored finding plenty of loot to last for a while... But I'm sure these topics wont really come to be until the beta stage...

No...

You don't want more content beyond mindless pvp ?

Guys, I'm not talking just about things you can do in the game. I'm talking about the difficulty! Because, hardcore games need to be... hardcore. ._.

Ah you mean, night-time-chem-light-race-through-Elektro, Hardcore.

I think a lot of the game depends on how you play and what you do with the game.

Finding it easy? try surviving without a bag for a week..then with out pants. bumps it up a notch.

p.s I am pant-less in green mountain at the moment

Edited by funkyfrogjuice
  • Like 1

Maybe they should implement areas with super rare loot guarded by hordes of super fast zombies or something. Something essentially only a team of geared and coordinated players can handle, or one guy who wants to prove his skills.

This game needs to reduce spawn of weapons/ammo, as well as add a new stuff.

I would suggest 10 times less weapons, 100 times less ammo, 100 more zombies, nerf axes to the ground and add a lot of other stuff to do, like assembling cars, building houses, some engineering features: assemble from a junk some stuff like a weapons, ammo, tools, etc. (that part always reminds me of Arcanum, lol)

But I think that would be all in future, for now the only point is pvp, the more people you kill for 1 spawn.

Its still alpha, and there's a ton of stuff planned for the future. When you have to spend 2 or more days scouring the map with increased zombie AI and numbers for parts for your car you might have a different attitude towards the game artificially getting harder. :P Also, I can't speak for anyone on the team, but so far the general vibe I've been getting is that the game seems to stray away from this sort of artificial difficulty. Its been my understanding that they want the players to create the experiences instead of the game.

Instead of getting geared up and just hanging out, try some player interaction. Head to the coast to help/hinder some newbies, try to make some friends or even some enemies. Have a bit of fun, [cheesy] this is your story. [/cheesy]

I think this will come into play a bit with the diseases. Catching something with long term affects won't really matter if you die hours later, but it gets real serious if you're in a situation where you can survive long term.

• Like 1

I think this will come into play a bit with the diseases. Catching something with long term affects won't really matter if you die hours later, but it gets real serious if you're in a situation where you can survive long term.

Think I must have a super experimental version of the game, and this is already implemented on my character

............shes a  total hemophiliac  :P

Edited by funkyfrogjuice

They just need to implement more stuff to do, not only things like construction and vehicles but also meta-game stuff like territory control and clan warfare, a strategic resource system even, that sort of stuff. Something to strive for, contribute to, organize groups around and to give a sense of something more than an elaborate version of UT2004 happening in the world, to make it more dynamic.

It would be different if the world was procedural and/or alterable in some way but its static and completely uninteractive, there essentially as a thematic backdrop to the 'action'. Looting the same items from the same spots from the same buildings from the same locations is bound to get tedious and boring considering gearing up can take only like 20 min for people who want to do it fast. It might be fine for a mod where the expectations are lower, I've put hundreds of hours into, for example, the cRPG mod of Mound and Blade, playing the same couple of maps over and over but if they announced a standalone version of that I would be disappointed if all their aspirations came down to doing the same thing and little else, not expanding the core gameplay at all.

I really like the clan warfare aspect.

Lets look at the backstory BEFORE the breakout. This is still Chernarus. They were in the midst of a civil war with the ChDKZ and Federal Chenarus government, the US military was there (explaining all these M4s lol) and Russian military. So lets assume this outbreak happened in that time frame or around there anyway. Even if not cities and groups would without a doubt form (think of Jericho tv show). These like minded people would still band together and hoard resources. I am not saying we should have to choose factions and yada yada. Not really sure how it would work. But what if things like fuel and certain loot spawns were distributed based on the side that was winning? Since you can play 24/7 though you make it so that a certain 2 hours a day are the "war times" that count toward this. The loot spawns after that are effected by who "won" those two hours.

Would be cool to band together as Elektro and attack Cherno. Then if we won for the day Elektro would see better loot spawns than Cherno for the day.

This is obviously me just winging it at 1 in the morning and would need to be worked out better, and maybe doesn't even fit this game, but would be cool.

They made the standalone to add more depth, if they plan on just remaking the mod exactly...then well I expect a lot of people to be pissed off/dissapointed.

If I wanted to play the same thing as the mod...i would go back to the mod, only time will tell whether they just repackaged the mod or if they will grow on the concept.

Faster hunger and thirst rate? God no, it's already too fast as is.

Faster hunger and thirst rate? God no, it's already too fast as is.

What about raising the amount of blood you lose when you're starving or dehydrating? I mean, it would raise each day you stay alive

People are talking about clan warfare? Here's the deal, 90% of people Kill on sight without interaction, mindlessly and senselessly.. And you think people wanna clan up?  to me rather it seems every man for himself, and that everyone is a threat to the health of your character. I personally love the way it is.. If you could trust someone for more than 5 seconds it would be great, however that's just not the general way things work here at all. I do often time see a few people (2-3) running together as if there doing something epic with their baseball bat's and shovels and moddest backpacks. I can almost assure you however that one of them will find a firearm and smoke thier buddys character just to see what it's like.

I don't want to suggest more than just a saline bag bring people together, obviously (confirmed by my last character) you most definatly can regenerate your own blood by eating and drinking alot of crap.. Just don't over eat to much it will make you vomit. I don't think that there should be different titles for each person, medic, mechanic etc... Everyone should have just as much of a chance as the guy running down the road or the guy shooting those running down the road with a moslin and highpower scope from 500 yards in the bushes. These things teach us how to play, obviously in a real situation everyone (yes you) is the enemy. You can comply or you can die, or you might just die, or you can take the chance that the guy is holding you up with no ammo (true story 357 mag held me up I wasn't giving into his bandit stuff and he went for his bat lmao). The game is essentially chance, being life or death. Sure, I'm all about new stuff, cars, gun's etc... Just don't expect this to become modern warfare with huge clan's and such.. I would hate to see a clan of bandits serverhopping like they do, taking all the loot they can and coming back on another more active server just to swing it around a bit.

It's a strange world out there with many different outcomes, I've tried to be kind to people when i am armed and they sometimes attack, or attempt to. I was loaded to the gills all the military crap, hours in, moving around trying to help people in need and started getting mugged by a ton of spawns. I got the hell outta there but not without dripping blood. I saw a post a while back that said go get them, go fight those that pretend that gun gives them a reason to be pushy... Well they already do it.. lol. I wasn't even being a jerk.. I've held a dude up for his shirt once, and yes I've killed people on sight, but honestly I perfer interacting with people just to see what they are all about. Running with someone only last a few min's as far as I've seen. Basically it appears everyone runs to a base, secures a firearm, and kills everything that moves.

I would like to strive from the name "clan" in this game, I'm a little older now and clan is for BF and Cod and a few other games that are around. Group is more suitable, trust has to be established in a group.. A clan is something more like a cluster f.. of rebels that are unstable, and think about or have killed their own people. I would not mind getting to know the real nice people of the game, who can be trusted so i don't have to hit alt to make sure there wep isn't out all the sudden but then, that's also part of the game.

Edited by Deepfryer

What about raising the amount of blood you lose when you're starving or dehydrating? I mean, it would raise each day you stay alive

no man, this game isn't even done yet... just relax, we don't need things being harder than they can already be at times.. Some spawns are horrid and some are right in the middle of towns, either one you can survive but i don't think we need death creeping up on us just for surviving a little bit longer because we were craftier about how we went about thing's the tenth time we respawned. The hunger and thirst mechanics are alright as it is.. Water is easy enough to find, however something to put it in isn't quite as easy... I wanna have fun and watch the game evolve, but not starve easier because I'm alive longer.. I don't live much past 3 day's as it is with all these bandits in bushes..

You should not make it any harder for someone to stay alive via hunger thirst or AI based on day's survived or Gear aquired, bandit's kill bandits too man, and so do good people. They will die as well, everyone dies, it might just take a little longer.. But then one hour after a new spawn the gear will be right back in their hands.. It's at that point your duty to kill off the bandits.

Edited by Deepfryer

I really like the clan warfare aspect.

Lets look at the backstory BEFORE the breakout. This is still Chernarus. They were in the midst of a civil war with the ChDKZ and Federal Chenarus government, the US military was there (explaining all these M4s lol) and Russian military. So lets assume this outbreak happened in that time frame or around there anyway. Even if not cities and groups would without a doubt form (think of Jericho tv show). These like minded people would still band together and hoard resources. I am not saying we should have to choose factions and yada yada. Not really sure how it would work. But what if things like fuel and certain loot spawns were distributed based on the side that was winning? Since you can play 24/7 though you make it so that a certain 2 hours a day are the "war times" that count toward this. The loot spawns after that are effected by who "won" those two hours.

Would be cool to band together as Elektro and attack Cherno. Then if we won for the day Elektro would see better loot spawns than Cherno for the day.

This is obviously me just winging it at 1 in the morning and would need to be worked out better, and maybe doesn't even fit this game, but would be cool.

I do't believe Chernarus has a Federal government. I believe it's a Republic, but Idk how it works, NVM 

Well don't forget that even sickness system is not fully in.

They plan to add more infections and stuff, so it will get harder.

And also since now we have like 1/100 of content available, you can get bored ultra fast since you can get best gear after looting single barracks.

If we had vehicles, tons of weapons (some very rare ofc) and just more of everything, I don't think anybody would get bored quickly.

I think we really can not judge the game now, not  beyond the bare bones we got. It will be much much more!

You don't want more content beyond mindless pvp ?

Combat beyond mindless PVP? The games not mindless PVP unless you make it that. Thats my point. You can do what you want in the game. There shouldn't be any game modes or in game things that make you fight for territory. A territory is a "clans" territory if they want to try and hold it down and be bandits or check everyone that goes through. 

things to do in this game limit only by imagination of player ;)

even in SA alpha stage few feature version

example player interact have infinite possible outcome

ok, still you need survive food water etc  game not finish till you die :thumbsup:  :)

challenge #1 how long you survive only in large city cherno/elektro

challenge #2 how long survive in forest only loot small village around

challenge #3 only survive on foods from guys you kill :thumbsup: :ph34r:

challenge #4 only survive on foods you get from player after ask like beggar :blush:

challenge #5 find fresh spawn try give assist

challenge #6 hunt for sniper

challenge #7 collect first aid kit do medic duty in balota

challenge #8 do mission find out if defibrillator is work or not working

challenge #9 try visit every town/airfield/camp/castle/radio tower on map make screenshot do journal or movie and post here

challenge #10 find fresh spawn give away all gear and start again see how long it take find again same loots

point is is not game what stop to make fun for you :huh:

is you what stop to find fun in game :|

• Like 1