Sign in to follow this  
darklynx

When a player dies it would be cool if their corpse turns into a zombie

I'm sure its been said before but when I player dies, either from zombie death, player killing or starvation it would be cool if that player then gets up after 10mins and then becomes a zombie, complete with all loot not in their hands when they die.

I dont mean that you can then control the zombie, you'd respawn and carry on playing as a new chartacter.

Then over time their equipment would degrade until its totally ruined then either dropped or it disapears.

That way if you do want to try and get your loot back you could effectivly hunt down the zombie that killed you, maybe thats a bit far fetched but it would give reason to each one of the infected.

It might then give people a reason to kill zombies.

• Like 4

I remember a while ago Rocket said that this feature would be too difficult to implement i think it was in a Reddit Q&A.

tweeted him about this months ago and he didnt reply, he either doesnt like the idea or its too difficult to implement like Zecele mentioned.

I suggested this but these 'zombies' are like the ones from 28 Days Later, IE they are infected LIVING people, not undead people. Would be cool though.

Isn't the kinda-sorta story of DayZ that all the players are immune to the infection? And that the zombies are more of a 28 Days Later kind of zombie where it's a rage virus or something?

Edited by Mellisco

It's still unclear how the people turned into zombies. Maybe later on they will come up with some sort of story. What they could do is let us find some sort of envelopes filled with military research on the infection.

Edited by raynor009

Isn't the kinda-sorta story of DayZ that all the players are immune to the infection?

Wait is that actually true? Somebody better tell the Massacre Division ... I mean Medical Division.

Jabs aside, it doesn't *seem* like it would be incredibly hard to at least spawn a zombie when a survivor's body despawns... then again, I'm not coding the game.

• Like 1

What about when you die, you turn into a zombie and your goal is to kill other players. If you die as a zombie, you start again as a spawn on the coast like normal. So you alternate between human and zombie.

I'd prefer not. Apparently cannibalism is to be added in a future update, so I'd rather if my food didn't get up and try to eat me.

I was also under the assumption that us "survivors" are immune to the infection due to the fact that we can get hit by zombies and not become one of them shortly after. This game would also be unbearably frustrating if we did happen to die or become one of the infected after a single hit from a zombie.

I kind of like the idea of a random "turn-2-zombie" timer, so if you take too long to get to the corpse or take too long to loot it, might go "grrrr" and go for your neck.

I'd prefer not. Apparently cannibalism is to be added in a future update, so I'd rather if my food didn't get up and try to eat me.

I was also under the assumption that us "survivors" are immune to the infection due to the fact that we can get hit by zombies and not become one of them shortly after. This game would also be unbearably frustrating if we did happen to die or become one of the infected after a single hit from a zombie.

Where did you read about cannibalism? I think it would get banned in some places.

Uhmm.. We're immune to the infection.

We can assume it's like The Walking Dead series in which everybody is already infected. You just don't turn unless you die.

The zombies on the show just kill you with some other kind of infection or w/e when they bite. They don't infect you with the actual zombie virus.