Sign in to follow this  
camwhyy (DayZ)

What Guns do YOU want to see?

Lots and lots of Melee! An actual firearm should be insanely hard to find. I would like it if shotguns were the most common weapon, found in farms and police stations. That way the engagement range is kept small, meaning players have to get close, and will then be much more likely to get spotted at some point.

Very much this. This is how it works IRL

More melee, less guns

More civilian grade, less military grade

More low military grade, less high grade

All of this, ntm I would give my first born a proper modeled archery system. Complete with fletching, shafts, tips, and tools to craft and repair.

Bows can be anything from longbows and recurve, to crossbows.

If none of this, then the weapons should be mostly improvised or region locked. It is Russia after all. 

• Like 1

.270's, 300 Win. Mags, Remington 700's, .22's, (all starting with iron sights of course) generally the types of hunting and ranch rifles you'd find in a fairly rural area.

The VZ58 is also very popular with civilians and fits the setting. It scratches the semi-auto rifle itch, can take modernization upgrades such as railed foregrips and aftermarket buttstocks, and makes sense. Its a cool gun, and an improvement on the AK that needs some more love in video games.

Edited by Hells High

I found it in the latest Special Forces gun magazine.

That's a sign... it raises some questions for me:

"11101 Adwood Drive

Cincinnati, OH 45240

Phone: 513-674-2580"

YBKjpgl.png

It's some small Cincinnati company's product... it's not issued by any military or police force... so how and why would these uppers be found in Chernarus, 4500 miles away?

That's a sign... it raises some questions for me:

"11101 Adwood Drive

Cincinnati, OH 45240

Phone: 513-674-2580"

YBKjpgl.png

It's some small Cincinnati company's product... it's not issued by any military or police force... so how and why would these uppers be found in Chernarus, 4500 miles away?

Well to be honest if America can have many guns like we do we also have tones of foreign weapons gun collectors love to get there hands on to. Some that are even illegal because they actually function to. If Russia is the same i would assume you have some gun nuts that love collecting military, police, civi and experimental weapons of all types.

Edited by Deathlove

Can we haz an M1 Garand?

This Plus the M1 Carbine, Browning Automatic Rilfe, and M1928A1 Thompson with the cutts compensator, M40, K98, G43, and FG42.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 50cal bolt action like the AS50 ( the AS50 wasn't bolt action though) , but the Gun its self would be ultra rare, I'm talking 1 per server, with a maximum of 1 Mag each server, and these mags could appear in any sort of loot spawn ( just to make it hard to find) , i was thinking a mcmillan TAC 50 great for long range take outs, this might be abit OP, but remember how rare and how hard the Ammo would be to find. its a 1/40 player chance of a player having the gun. If they are not a hacker of corse, This is just what i would like to see. 

This is what i would imagine it would look like --> 

tac50-package.jpg

every ww2 Gun with iron sights 

have the LMGs take your back pack and ammo rare as fuck so that fresh spawns gets cut down as soon as they spawn.

for the M1 Garand it whould be nice to see if people had to look for clips or be forced to shoot one round and then have to reload 

How about a nuke, which must be assambled and then when it is detonated it kills everybody who is logged on server or logs on in 5-10 minutes after detonation ....

It should be only 1 item per server, assembled from 10 different parts which are tough to get ...

Not a rare item, but a mythical one!  :P

You cray

Haha it was a joke but think about how intense it would be hahaha. Snipers in cherno beware hahahaha

EDIT:

TBH! I notice alot of debate here about availability of weapons in urban areas. Being that i grew up in a somewhat ghettoish area in sweden i can vouge for that AK's, uzi's, scorpions, various 9mm handguns, .45 calibers (rarer but availible), shotguns, Ak5 and ak6, handgrenades and 7mm handguns are not that hard to find.

Given i real zombie apocalypse right now, i know 5 storage lockers to break into. So playing with the thought that weapons irl is rare. No, shit even in USA youth state its easier to get a handgun then a beer.

And given the area of the world this plays out. I highly doubt that gun laws are that insane. Old weapons should be as common as rocks in the rural areas.

Edited by FroztyReaper

It would be hard to justify not putting mortars in. 

• Like 1

Kamyshovo test range ;) All in the intrest of medical science :P

SHOTGUN

Colt 1911/45

bow and arrow

throwing knifes

spears

harpoon / spear gun

SHOTGUN

//edit : THE ABILITY TO THROW EVERYTHING

Edited by QbitzR

Well I like old rifles with history soooo,

VZ.24

Mauser Kar 98K

Mosin M44

Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk4

Springfield 1903a1

Thompson M1A1

Colt 1911

AK-47

TT Torkarev

Winchester Repeater (in 44-70 Govt.)

Marlin 30-30 lever action

Nagant Revolver

SKS 

Recurve Bow

Crossbow

Compound Bow

.22 pistols (long-rifle, magnum)

.22 rifles (long-rifle, magnum, hornet)

Shotguns of all makes and models

hunting rifles of all calibers

slingshot for small game

also my melee weapons,

machette

ka-bar

khukri

some more axe types

some more types of knives (give knives more uses like cutting rope and other things)

maybe a few swords

and a bunch of just regular items you could find that could be used as a weapon (a la clothes iron)

maybe a small branch out of a hardwood tree

Haha it was a joke but think about how intense it would be hahaha. Snipers in cherno beware hahahaha

EDIT:

TBH! I notice alot of debate here about availability of weapons in urban areas. Being that i grew up in a somewhat ghettoish area in sweden i can vouge for that AK's, uzi's, scorpions, various 9mm handguns, .45 calibers (rarer but availible), shotguns, Ak5 and ak6, handgrenades and 7mm handguns are not that hard to find.

Given i real zombie apocalypse right now, i know 5 storage lockers to break into. So playing with the thought that weapons irl is rare. No, shit even in USA youth state its easier to get a handgun then a beer.

And given the area of the world this plays out. I highly doubt that gun laws are that insane. Old weapons should be as common as rocks in the rural areas.

Did you check out the new gun type i posted? Its pretty cool looking.

bolt rifle guns like lee enfield, mosin, kar98, shotguns , mp44 , ww2 guns basically.

trip wire with two old style german grenades would be cool for a booby trap.

EDIT:

Aren't you a gangster! Unfortunately there's no such thing as an AK-6 or a 7mm handgun. Most of what you saw was probably airsoft.

That said, guns aren't that uncommon in Europe, even legally owned ones. Civilian guns should be common (i.e. hunting rifles with low power scopes, shotguns), target guns a little less common (pistols, revolvers, rifles, AR-15's) and military and police guns very uncommon.

• Like 1

Aren't you a gangster! Unfortunately there's no such thing as an AK-6 or a 7mm handgun. Most of what you saw was probably airsoft.

That said, guns aren't that uncommon in Europe, even legally owned ones. Civilian guns should be common (i.e. hunting rifles with low power scopes, shotguns), target guns a little less common (pistols, revolvers, rifles, AR-15's) and military and police guns very uncommon.

7mm popsicle then? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BABY-NAMBU-TYPE-4-PISTOL-7mm-Japan-Atlas-Classic-Firearms-PHOTO-CARD-/231054541324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cbec820c also http://m14forum.com/handguns/83503-7mm-hand-gun.html

https://www.flashback.org/t999435

AK-6 is being developed by Swedish military (not here yet. So admit that was a typo). Which has depos all over the country. So please man. Do any kind of research before you say im wrong ;) Also some german handguns are 7mm. And no, im not gangsta :P Grew up in those areas with that kind of people. So I know what I know

I would love to see mortars with range tables and what not!

Oh, also this:

vss2.jpg

Edited by fig0451