Sign in to follow this  
Spesago

will there be Cheats/Private servers

I had planed to use a private server with the dayz mod and make a machinima but since seeing the standalone versions features i would much rather do it in the standalone when its ready.

What i wanted to know is will there be standalone private servers? and will you be coding in any useful cheats for people wanting to use them?

in particular cheats that would be useful are,

Revive/Return

Being able to reverse a death or at least instantly teleport to where i had died would help if i want to continue a bit of story and cut out  a death,

Give

Getting specific items such as tools or a starting weapon can help a lot especially if staging a scene

Spawn

creating enemies or vehicles will again help to stage specific scenes

createloot

a command to force a specific piece of loot to spawn within a given radius would help like the give command but also prevent breaking realism

i am sure there are others that can be just as usefull depending on game mechanics.

If cheats are added they should be carefully controlled to prevent them being used in real servers.

• Like 1

You're going to be hard pressed to find anyone here who supports cheating, let alone cheating to show how leet of a dayz player you are.

Things like this are the reason I'm very skeptical about peoples "awesome combat" vids.

I also hope NONE of those things end up in private servers for the GAME. 

• Like 2

Whatever form it comes in, I'd love to be able to have tools to make machinimas. The second post above is another of the typical reddit-like bullshittery that plagues this forum. I hope this becomes a consideration for the devs down the line, maybe upon release or something. Making machinimas is awesome!

Edited by Scerun
  • Like 1

I had planed to use a private server with the dayz mod and make a machinima but since seeing the standalone versions features i would much rather do it in the standalone when its ready.

What i wanted to know is will there be standalone private servers? and will you be coding in any useful cheats for people wanting to use them?

in particular cheats that would be useful are,

Revive/Return

Being able to reverse a death or at least instantly teleport to where i had died would help if i want to continue a bit of story and cut out  a death,

Give

Getting specific items such as tools or a starting weapon can help a lot especially if staging a scene

Spawn

creating enemies or vehicles will again help to stage specific scenes

createloot

a command to force a specific piece of loot to spawn within a given radius would help like the give command but also prevent breaking realism

i am sure there are others that can be just as usefull depending on game mechanics.

If cheats are added they should be carefully controlled to prevent them being used in real servers.

Uninstall... switch off PC...

troll was success :D

• Like 1

Last Active Today, 02:27 PM - Post made 02:27 PM. I wonder Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

gave beans because OP got one thing right.

private servers = cheating

gave beans because OP got one thing right.

private servers = cheating

I loved vanilla private hives in the mod. Shame it was abused like it was, though. Now I'm not sure I want them any more. At least not as long as admins have access to the databases.

And OP... Keeping cheats and wonky stuff like that out is way more important than giving the abysmal Machinima part of the DayZ community their favour.

Edited by Ratiasu

I loved vanilla private hives in the mod. Shame it was abused like it was, though. Now I'm not sure I want them any more. At least not as long as admins have access to the databases.

And OP... Keeping cheats and wonky stuff like that out is way more important than giving the abysmal Machinima part of the DayZ community their favour.

I was part of a whitelist private hive and they handled the loot and weapons very sensibly, they took out weapons that the devs didn't want in the game such as the thermal scoped L85A2 etc..

I like private hives because people cannot combat ghost you or server hop for loot and you could meet people in the server you have a better chance of bonding with, while still maintaining enough new people to keep it fresh.

As for "cheats" ... fuck no this will lead to hackers once again.

Only "cheats" I would deem acceptable would be admin powers to spawn items from the loot table and relocate people (especially if they get trapped in the debug lands or in the middle of the sea for no reason).... you can use them on a private server for machinima, otherwise no as it is too open to hackers and abuse.

I was part of a whitelist private hive and they handled the loot and weapons very sensibly, they took out weapons that the devs didn't want in the game such as the thermal scoped L85A2 etc..

I like private hives because people cannot combat ghost you or server hop for loot and you could meet people in the server you have a better chance of bonding with, while still maintaining enough new people to keep it fresh.

As for "cheats" ... fuck no this will lead to hackers once again.

Only "cheats" I would deem acceptable would be admin powers to spawn items from the loot table and relocate people (especially if they get trapped in the debug lands or in the middle of the sea for no reason).... you can use them on a private server for machinima, otherwise no as it is too open to hackers and abuse.

RPZ server, by any chance?

This was a serious question, i dont want it for showing off like some people are accused of (frankie....), i want to make a series based on a story.

I agree hackers and cheats in real games ruin the thing so needs to be carefully quarantined. maybe make them a server side optional addon that will also prevent the server joining the hive. so to add cheats you essentially need to mod your server, but if created at this stage of development (assuming its not too late already) means they can be added without making the rest of the game buggy.

This feature isnt that important to me, i have already paid for the standalone, but it would be helpful if the devs  are willing to put it in.

one thing that might be nice is as i noticed there is some kind of friend tracking, it would be kind of cool if there was a way to spawn near a friend if they are near a spawn zone.