Sign in to follow this  
WarAndRuin

## hour player lock / Gear locked to server!

In the next patch you need to implement ## hour player locking to servers!

I am not really advising you, i am more or less telling you, there is no 2 ways about it this feature needs to be added imminently.

There is way to much server hopping for gear 24/7 around the clock, you can even sit there hit refresh watch all the servers come up empty 0/40 then give it 5 seconds refresh again there will be 1 - 2 players in every server that were just empty for the past hour or so until restart!

It is causing major problems with in the game and for the players, especially if people are quite dedicated to a server or a have so called "home / main" server it starts to really frustrates players for example, when quite a lot of people play a server then have to disconnect  because of restarts then find them selves logging into a room/air field/military base full of about 4 - 5 people because some witless brainless goons have all decided to go raid the server for gear because of the restart, it makes the reality of the game totally abundant.

The amount of times i my self and many others i know, have logged back into a server after restart or are playing the game properly and looting a military zone to just have some brainless Muppet log in behind you and spray and pray and KoS for no reason at all. It frustrates players it makes it very difficult to new spawners in the game and it provokes KOS hugely, and like i have said before the worst thing about it is these people who are server hopping are already primarily geared. so it is obviously just a case of a lack of maturity and sense.

Is it possible to get some kind of ## hour player lock to a server after you join it, so you have to wait another ## hours before you can hop to another one without loosing your gear!, where you can still hop but it will reset your character, or even just a hour.

Just to make this clear by player lock i do not mean a player has to be locked to one server you will be able to hop servers just the same but with the consequences of loosing your gear and re spawning.

OR

Lock gear to individual servers just like the mod!

24 hour auto lock was just a prominent suggestive title for all your brain dead witless individuals who seem to be speculating on the title and not the content of the thread!

Edited by WarAndRuin
  • Like 2

Im of the mind that players avatars should be locked to a server lol im mean aint i but hey it completely negates server hoping and for all those but i want to play with a friend on another server wel what stops you nothing except you have to start again nothing wrong with that your other character still alive and well on his home server.

Yes there may be tech problems with such an idea but hey just stating my prefrence not claiming it the cure for all lol

poorly no. what happend when the server crashed? you arent allowed to play for a whole day???

what happens if the server is not going up again stupid idea.

there are a lot other ideas against server hopping but this one is bullshit

• Like 1

Bad idea.

I agree, something needs to be done to prevent server hoping, but this isn't the answer.

do you know how many times I have joined a server, even one with low ping, and INSTANTLY regretted it? How many times I have logged in and found myself rubberbanding, dealing with input delays (cant pull out a weapon, or when I do, clicking RMB to swing my axe and the axe swings 5 seconds later)?

I DO NOT want to be forced to play in one bad server for 24 hours. or even 6 hours.

And don't even get me started about badmins....

• Like 2

You can still play, Just start from fresh.

Okay make it a 2 hour server lock then or even less make it so when you join you are auto locked for 1 hour.

Edited by WarAndRuin

i dont know about 24 hour lock.

But this exploit definitely is ruining the game for me. 

Gear should just stay on server.

So if I was unlucky and joined a server that ways laggy or having issues, i gotta used it for 24 hours?

Or a server I was on before and now is full, I have to wait till someone leaves?

Or a server with a bad admin running it?

Or a server full of bullies?

Or.. well you get the idea. You didn't think this through, did you?

Edit:

Had to add this as the original post has be edited and change so much as to make this post nearly irrelevant. Op has change their post in order to fit replies they have made and make other's post look stupid.

Edited by Sooden

i dont know about 24 hour lock.

But this exploit definitely is ruining the game for me. 

Gear should just stay on server.

This is a very good idea as well, but like the other two brain dead morons up there who stated and cried they would loose all there gear ( you two leave the community seriously you are hindering it ) so people will disagree with this idea as well now.

I think a auto lock of up to 1 hour to prevent hopping would be a good idea, if you choose to hop you loose your gear, or like you stated What gear you get on that server stays on that server which is quite frankly a great idea.

Still the best would be to make characters server locked, so each time you wanna play on another server it will wipe your previous character.

Edited by Shirou

Bad idea.

I agree, something needs to be done to prevent server hoping, but this isn't the answer.

do you know how many times I have joined a server, even one with low ping, and INSTANTLY regretted it? How many times I have logged in and found myself rubberbanding, dealing with input delays (cant pull out a weapon, or when I do, clicking RMB to swing my axe and the axe swings 5 seconds later)?

I DO NOT want to be forced to play in one bad server for 24 hours. or even 6 hours.

And don't even get me started about badmins....

Who forces you to play on a bad server ??? you dont like a server find a new one you do like and when you have found it stick to it cause thats where your gear is not such a complex idea (its been suggested before including im sure rocket said something of the sort in regards to private hives and first and third person servers.).

The biggest hate people have against this usually is finding loot easily and avoiding night time play and if that is your complaints then wait for your 24/7 daytime server with 1000s vehicles etc etc(which will be done and will have server specific hive for characters to stop you jumping to proper servers with ill gotten loot to grief players a favorite pass time of many players.

• Like 1

no it wont. because you punish the whole player base because of some idiots. the whole hive system would be senseless.

what will come is:

1.) if you jump to often your character is dead.

2.) if you jump to often you will be teleported 20000 meter away.

just solutions will come. such a stupid idead from you sorry really but it is bad. WILL NEVER COME

Who forces you to play on a bad server ??? you dont like a server find a new one you do like and when you have found it stick to it cause thats where your gear is not such a complex idea (its been suggested before including im sure rocket said something of the sort in regards to private hives and first and third person servers.).

The biggest hate people have against this usually is finding loot easily and avoiding night time play and if that is your complaints then wait for your 24/7 daytime server with 1000s vehicles etc etc(which will be done and will have server specific hive for characters to stop you jumping to proper servers with ill gotten loot to grief players a favorite pass time of many players.

At least some of have some common sense ay SoulFirez.

Please stop. its impossible to gear up in a full server. only way to get gear is to server hop

its gonna be some sort of cooldown between switching servers, idk if it will be an arbitrary number like 10 minutes between switching servers or if it will be dynamic with the amount of times you switch servers, but i can pretty much guarantee that it will be something along these lines 

also eliminates ghosting btw

Edited by Shadyfizzle

In the next patch you need to implement 24 hour player locking to servers!

I am not really advising you, i am more or less telling you, there is no 2 ways about it this feature needs to be added imminently.

There is way to much server hopping for gear 24/7 around the clock, you can even sit there hit refresh watch all the servers come up empty 0/40 then give it 5 seconds refresh again there will be 1 - 2 players in every server that were just empty for the past hour or so until restart!

It is causing major problems with in the game and for the players, especially if people are quite dedicated to a server or a have so called "home / main" server it starts to really frustrates players for example, when quite a lot of people play a server then have to disconnect  because of restarts then find them selves logging into a room/air field/military base full of about 4 - 5 people because some witless brainless goons have all decided to go raid the server for gear because of the restart, it makes the reality of the game totally abundant.

The amount of times i my self and many others i know, have logged back into a server after restart or are playing the game properly and looting a military zone to just have some brainless Muppet log in behind you and spray and pray and KoS for no reason at all. It frustrates players it makes it very difficult to new spawners in the game and it provokes KOS hugely, and like i have said before the worst thing about it is these people who are server hopping are already primarily geared. so it is obviously just a case of a lack of maturity and sense.

Is it possible to get some kind of 24 hour player lock to a server after you join it, so you have to wait another 24 hours before you can hop to another one, where you can still hop but it will reset your character, or even a 6 hour player lock.

24 hour auto lock was just a prominent suggestive title for all your brain dead witless individuals who seem to be speculating on the title and not the content of the thread!

You had something, but you really didn't think it through. Too many factors will come up where people will falsely be locked out of playing for any amount of time. Fixing server hopping is one thing, locking people out for 24 hours is another. Fix server hopping so that players are punished for CONSISTENTLY switching servers for loot, hunting, or combat logging. Nuff said. 

I think the real issue is that loot currently doesnt respawn, causing server restarts and hopping. Once thats fixed things will be. Better

At the very least it should be 1-2 hours.

I DON'T want to have to worry that the person I'm shooting at will log off, log into another server to reposition, then log back into my server to skill me from behind.

You had something, but you really didn't think it through. Too many factors will come up where people will falsely be locked out of playing for any amount of time. Fixing server hopping is one thing, locking people out for 24 hours is another. Fix server hopping so that players are punished for CONSISTENTLY switching servers for loot, hunting, or combat logging. Nuff said. 

I take it you are another one yes ?

server hopping sucks but server hoppers aren't going to stay around as most aren't playing this game for the game they're playing it for the hype train and that train keeps on rollin'! i don't think anything needs to be done to prevent it; especially something as drastic as 24 hour player locks, it will sort itself out in time as the player base that is hopping get bored and move on plus when spawns are added the loot being cleared out instantly at server restarts won't even be noticeable anymore.

Edited by twingunz
  • Like 1

I take it you are another one yes ?

Another one what? I told you why your idea wouldn't work and suggested a new one. I never personally insulted you or anything, no need to get all mad at me. I'm playing neutral. 

No. Not going to happen. And what they do implement something to fix the problem you're probably not going to like it. We just have to suck it up ATM until we're allowed to have truly private servers.

Cheers and thanks for playing.

• Like 1