weejcoop

Are the rumors true ?

hi I have heard that DayZ is to be coming out for console from some of my friends and just want to know if it is true or not ?

Thank You for reply's

it seems Rocket said is thinking about adapting the game for Xbox/PS if the sales of PC version is successfull, and only when the PC version will be stable and wilol have enough content.

So it's not something that will happen soon, but may be one day.

Edited by matiman
  • Like 1

Never ever. Look at the system specifications. Maybe on the PS5 or PS6

• Like 5

It is not possible given the ps4/xb1 processor specs. I mean it would only be possible if BI did some MASSIVE optimization for the game, but as arma 2 was and arma 3 is, while arma 3 is  admittedly more optimized than 2, they are not very optimized. Not to mention you would need some pretty creative controller mapping

Edited by Shadyfizzle
  • Like 2

The game needs to come out for PC before it comes out for console, and that's not going to happen for another year I bet. Console release maybe Christmas 2015. If you're lucky.

Never ever. Look at the system specifications. Maybe on the PS5 or PS6

Don't forget the Xbox -2.

• Like 3

Just disappointing. They'd have great success bringing this to next gen console. Some people can't afford a gaming computer capable of playing this. If someone can point me to a laptop that would play this that's relatively affordable, I'd be intrigued. :)

I get 16 FPS and my laptop is way worse than a console. But on console it'd be filled with COD kids. But that wouldn't effect the superior PC Master Race

• Like 1

Just disappointing. They'd have great success bringing this to next gen console. Some people can't afford a gaming computer capable of playing this. If someone can point me to a laptop that would play this that's relatively affordable, I'd be intrigued. :)

It's not a matter of wanting to do it or not. They're a company, if it's possible, and if they can get money doing so, there's a 99% chance they will. However,before they will make a port, the game needs to be at the final stage of development, so after beta ends, and after the release version gets the last bit of patch-polishing.

Alpha will take at least a year according to Rocket (can't find the source), and might take longer depending on the success. Talking about which, they said they expected 250.000 sales in the first quarter of 2014 to be a success already, and we got 800.000 sales in two weeks already, so it might take even longer than a year, now. And then there's beta, which would probably take another 6 months at least. Add a couple release-version patches to it, and I'd say two years , maybe one and a half (if they start putting people on the job of porting it when most programming work in alpha is done and they switch to beta) before they START working on the port. That is, if it's deemed possible. It's a very resource intensive game, and the new "next gen consoles" are a flop when it comes to processing power. I mean, ps2 to ps3 was WOW, even as a PC player I have to say that. I was expecting something similar this time, too, but the performance increase was so small I'm disappointed. After all, with all the console ports coming to PC, console specs also limit the quality of PC games. Sadly.

Edited by Ratiasu

Desktops are cheaper than equivalent lapotps.

A decent gaming pc is cheaper then the "next-gen" consoles.

Not to forget : The "Next-gen" consoles are inferior to a 2007 gaming PC. Yet more expensive. Heck, my smartphone has more computing power than a "next-gen" console.

After all, with all the console ports coming to PC, console specs also limit the quality of PC games. Sadly.

This is what really makes me hate consoles. Otherwise I wouldn't mind some peasants playing on a 2005 system, paying for a 2015 system.

It's not a matter of wanting to do it or not. It's a very resource intensive game, and the new "next gen consoles" are a flop when it comes to processing power. I mean, ps2 to ps3 was WOW, even as a PC player I have to say that. I was expecting something similar this time, too, but the performance increase so small I'm disappointed.

This is exactly why it's impossible. But everyone can try it if they want to. Underclock your CPU to 1.8 GHz, heck even 2.0 GHz, which is still way more computing power than a PS4/XBox 1 has, and tell me how it performs.

Edited by Weparo

The fact is this, but console fans don't really want to hear it..

This game is built with and built for the PC first and foremost. Maybe, BIG maybe a console port is possible way off in the future, but as BigMike has said 2-3 years is a likely time frame and as ShadyFizzle and Ratiasu have said the optimization would need to be huge.

If money is a factor and for most of us it is, you have to decide which camp you're in. I've always been a PC gamer, why because aside from a few exclusive titles such as Gran Tourismo 6 which I would dearly love to play on PC, I know it's not happening and I have to go with where I'm going to get the most bang for my buck.

And without wanting to insight a PC v console debate, which is very tedious and boring, the fact remains; The PC is the best and most versatile gaming machine your money will buy and you can get yourself a decent rig together for around the same price as your latest 'next gen' console with all the whistles and bells and a few discs.

Don't even think about a gaming laptop being the cost effective halfway house solution, it isn't. Gaming laptops such as the Alienware's, Samsung's, MSI's etc are vastly more expensive than the desktop and have their limitations.

If you want to play Dayz 'The way it's meant to be played' ;) then sell the console and the games, dig a little deeper in the piggy bank and buy a PC.

For me Dayz is one of the best titles ever, and I've been gaming since the Atari (?) Anyone?

It's worth the investment to play a game that's going to become a classic, or you could carry on playing COD, I know what I'd do..

For me Dayz is one of the best titles ever, and I've been gaming since the Atari (?) Anyone?

386 here. Sorry...

I started young though. Really young.

Edited by Ratiasu

a desktop would be cheaper and give you better performance

It is not possible given the ps4/xb1 processor specs. I mean it would only be possible if BI did some MASSIVE optimization for the game, but as arma 2 was and arma 3 is, while arma 3 is  admittedly more optimized than 2, they are not very optimized. Not to mention you would need some pretty creative controller mapping

It's funny how $$$ can make a developer very happy to optimize a game!

It'll be on PS/XB in the future.

If they can't optimise it for pc, how the hell they are going to do it for console?

I have an xbox, brand new, its covered in dust sitting behind the tv. Why would someone even buy such a worthless peace of s***... I dont no one multiplayer game, I mean mmo for xbox or ps (exept battlefield wich I dont like)

So if Dayz is going to make it some day, it will be "golden"

Edited by Nienko

it seems no one on this thread understands how consoles work... consoles cant be compared to PC in terms of specs... consoles handle processing power and graphics power in completly different ways than PCs do, not to mention there isnt a full blown operating system running in the background keeping tabs on at least 20 other (usually more) programs and applications running at the same time your running your game. so in reality its not completly out of the realm of possibility for DayZ to run on a Console. maybe with a lot of tweaks and it still would not look at good as PC but its definetly possible.

My only concern for running DayZ on a console would be lack of controls... I mean untill they consolidate the amount of keys you need to use to play DayZ I can imagine how they would even get a proper control scheme for a PS4 Controller... nightmare lol

• Like 1

Hopefully not. I can't see how they could optimize all the movement on just a simple controller.

And the idea overall just seems so off. I couldn't see anyone enjoying it.

Just like the PS3 port of Diablo 3.

Edited by Konna

I understand completely thanks, and the facts remain.

Like I said The way it's MEANT to be played.

Edited by aodqw97

Diablo 3 ported amazingly to consoles. It was actually better on console than on PC. Controls won't be a problem. If Blizzard could figure it out, so can these devs.

You would spend more on a labtop that could play this game than building a decent rig that could run most games at medium settings.  Yes it does take a lil more money to get into the PC gaming but its more than worth it.  Consoles are for the casual.  If you are really into gaming save up the cash and get yourself a decent rig.  You wont regret it.

ps4/xbone could easily handle dayz. Porting to these consoles will be a dawdle as they use x86 processors, so the engine should work "out of the box".

There's alot of wrong info in this thread.