Sign in to follow this  
DevilDog (DayZ)

How many calibers should there be?

35 members have voted

1. 1. How many calibers would you like to see?

• 5 (the game is perfect)
    • 8 (the 5 in game and the 3 more they are likely to add)
    • 10-15 (enough to keep it interesting)
    • 15+ (all of them, as many as possible)
    • 0 (Make this a combo of Lord of the Rings and Mike Tyson punchout)

I am just wondering how many different calibers of firearms you guys would like to see and how many you think there will be.

Right now we have 5. One for each weapon.

7.62x54r

.357 Magnum

.45 ACP

12 gauge buck/slug

Now I think the following are the obvious additions.

7.62x39

7.62x51 NATO (.308)

9mm

So that is 8 already. I assume they will be adding more that just 3 more. I personally would like to see as many different calibers as possible.

30-06

.500 S&W Magnum

.40 S&W

.243 Win (perhaps allow for three CZ models this cal .308 and 30-06)

There are a ton more calibers and I am sure some one will come in and post a list of all of them lol, but I think this would be amazing if they had 13 different calibers. It would make finding your rifle, magazine and ammo more difficult and more exciting when you do. I don't think ammo spawning should be rare, ammo should be all over (especially in cars, especially police cars/military trucks). The guns spawns are good, then you would need to work to match ammo to your gun.

• Like 1

you forgot .22 ;)

e: But i think that .22 ruger is already confirmed trough the russian wiki or something?

Edited by csharp

There should be many many calibers, there should be so many that you have to actually learn the difference between a 7.62 x 54r and a 7.62 NATO, or .45 ACP, .45 GAP, and .45 Colt.  And thous incompatible rounds should jam/malfunction the gun they are put into.  Try loading 9mm Makarov into that shiny M9 you just found?  Click...Click.clickclickclick "Stupid gun!"

Depends on the weapons they wish to include.

.22lr - High velocity, and hollow points

.45 acp

9mm

7.62x54 r surplus ammo

7.62x51 mil surp and .308 hunting ammo

7.62x39 mil surp

5.45 x 39mm mil surp

5.45 x 45 mil surp + .223 hunting ammo

And of course

12 gauge shotguns slugs and buckshot

This should cover all the bases.

Edited by gibonez

Beans for .243 .

I'd like to see as many as possible, Especially .22 LR. 
The main thing I'd be interested in is different ammo types, IE Hollow points, Soft cores, " Green Tip " AP.

I disagree with the .500 S&W. That's a unique sporting gun, not something that's police or military issue so I doubt that it would be found in a post soviet wasteland.

.30-06 for sure

5.45x39, lots of mid 70s soviet weaponry lying around

9mmx19mm Parabellum

.22 LR, extremely common all over the world

They have to be careful though. You guys remember breaking point and how stupid it was with each weapon require its own gun specific ammo etc even though weapons shared the same ammo.

• Like 1

They have to be careful though. You guys remember breaking point and how stupid it was with each weapon require its own gun specific ammo etc even though weapons shared the same ammo.

Yeah that needs to not happen.

My list was not a complete one, just what I know of, assume and wish for.

.  Try loading 9mm Makarov into that shiny M9 you just found?  Click...Click.clickclickclick "Stupid gun!"

Actually the gun would fire. It however might not cycle reliably since it might not have enough to cycle in the next round.

Would be interesting if they would let you load any type of ammo into any gun.

Now I'm not saying that the gun should fire unless it has the correct ammo type in it... but maybe just blow up or cause some type of injury to the idiot who somehow put a shotgun shell into a magnum.

I disagree with the .500 S&W. That's a unique sporting gun, not something that's police or military issue so I doubt that it would be found in a post soviet wasteland.

What if you found a crashed fed ex plane? Maybe they were shipping some from US to some place. Or some soldier took his personal firearm with him. Of course they should be super rare. I just like the idea of a few super rare guns that you only find ammo for with the gun. So you find a SW 500 and 15-20 rounds. Just a pipe dream, I am sure they won't add it.