Sign in to follow this  
CyberVillain (DayZ)

System to Punish KoS

I don't KoS for loot, I never have. I KoS if the person I've discovered has either seen me or appears to be pursuing me because I don't know how many other people are on the other end of a Skype call, getting rid of the primary evidence (the witness) of my presence is the best way to go I find.

Trust in the rust, baby

Did the wingy bit just fall off?!

I don't KoS for loot, I never have. I KoS if the person I've discovered has either seen me or appears to be pursuing me because I don't know how many other people are on the other end of a Skype call, getting rid of the primary evidence (the witness) of my presence is the best way to go I find.

seems reasonable.. what if you saw one person just sitting, would you leave them be, and move along? just out of interest..

meta-gaming, power-gaming, arcade style stuff.

Not really fit for DayZ.

Maybe people who want to fight could get sent to an arena. By magic.

Not sure if I understand what is power- or meta- gaming is, without googling. But it would be good if pointless killing would be balanced by a possibility of a pointed revenge. A much better incentive for people to join gangs than anything present in the game. Want to team up with buddies to mass kill at Cherno? Be prepared that someone else would find his fun in tracking down mass killers. Fair and gives so much more of social behavior versatility in-game. Edited by ClinClin

Not sure if I understand what is power- or meta- gaming is, without googling. But it would be good if pointless killing would be balanced by a possibility of a pointed revenge. A much better incentive for people to join gangs than anything present in the game. Want to team up with buddies to mass kill at Cherno? Be prepared that someone else would find his fun in tracking down mass killers. Fair and gives so much more of social behavior versatility in-game.

Wanna do either of those, get some friends together and do it. Police ourselves as it should be. Arbitrary systems aren't needed to enforce something the community should be doing.

Actually I revel in someone trying to track me or my buddy down to bring some righteous justice upon our heads for killing people without warning. We're usually around Vybor/Lopatino/NWAF/Grishno. Come at me bro.

KoS has it's place if you feel threatened, but i think the best idea for players who kill a certain amount of unarmed players is to get an instant "Spawn Killer " skin which can never be removed.

I suggest hot pink underwear and a Gimp mask.

• Like 5

KoS has it's place if you feel threatened, but i think the best idea for players who kill a certain amount of unarmed players is to get an instant "Spawn Killer " skin which can never be removed.

Unarmed players are still dangerous. Even more so as they have absolutely nothing to lose usually by attacking you.

Now, if someone repeatedly kills people within 1 minute of the victim having spawned then sure stick the "Spawn Killer" skin on them. :)

Let people play the way they want. The fact that loot gets damaged or destroyed when hitt is honestly the best idea, then you will have to "think twice" before you shoot someone in the balls. People who kills unarmed people are just dicks though, and should be punished by getting gang raped by a zombies

Edited by grimsonfart

I am not for or against KOS here, but I do think we should have a system that makes people think twice before KoS. Robbing is more fun anyway right? 

I would like if the loot get ruined by KoS, the % of damage is linear to the power of the weapon used. For instance if you use a Mosin or M4 the chance of damaged loot is very high. A axe not so much

I thought this was already in the game?

Shoot their backpack there is a % chance the items in the backpack will either be destroy or damaged etc...

We don't need any systems against KoS, we just need to spread the spawns out over a much larger distance and not bunched up, military loot to be made rarer and only in the far reaches of the map with civilian grade weaponry spread evenly across all of the map with a little more in key buildings.

This will mean certain locations don't start off as a massive death match, the griefers won't be able to find the fresh spawns as easily, people have to go further to get the really good stuff but otherwise everyone could potentially find weapons.

I am not against KoS, I am against people hunting fresh spawns and un-armed survivors on the cost, but otherwise KoS is fine in my perspective... that is just me though and I wouldn't tell anyone that they cannot... 

Edited by Lancer 2-2
  • Like 1

i guessing this feeling will change as 'real' rare items exist, but yeah, take no time to gear up

Yes if you have a backup and are a server hopper.

Lots of wishful thinking in this thread, I like it. But I only like it because I'm a big fan of tragicomedy so... yeah.

Wanna do either of those, get some friends together and do it. Police ourselves as it should be. Arbitrary systems aren't needed to enforce something the community should be doing.

Actually I revel in someone trying to track me or my buddy down to bring some righteous justice upon our heads for killing people without warning. We're usually around Vybor/Lopatino/NWAF/Grishno. Come at me bro.

I don't know which server you are on and if I did I'm unable to identify you when and if I find you, that's the problem. And why are you assuming I am looking to bring some "rightful justice" on someone? Maybe I'm the one to find my fun in provoking and running from justice?..

I dont care what loot you have, I just want you dead.

The problem with the loot system at present is that even badly damaged gear is usable. 

The only problem with that is your going to get trolls with spawning and running straight for people just to get them to shoot them.

There is a system with banditing its called ruined gear. On the other hand murderers there is none.

The definition between bandits and murders are clear. Bandits kill for better loot. murderers kill for the fun of it. I always take the items I need, if i make a kill I take food medical supplies and better guns if they have it. Thats why I always go up close and shoot for the head if I spot someone.

Edited by Sleeping Tobi

KoS is happening so many times because a lot of things need to be polished/added, once it gets there, you will see less case of KoS and more smarter approach to get something from an other survivor. Firearms will be rarer. Just be patient.

KoS is happening so many times because a lot of things need to be polished/added, once it gets there, you will see less case of KoS and more smarter approach to get something from an other survivor. Firearms will be rarer. Just be patient.

no they wont, as they add more weapons to the game theres a better chance I will find a weapon.

I dont care what loot you have, I just want you dead.

Howdy people, this person can't take being killed and is too serious about the game. I'd like to see what he does when people shoot at him. Will he combat log and try to ghost? :3

This is already in the game.

Try shooting someone center mass with a Mosin then look in their backpack

And this is why I prefer the M4, good up to a certain distance and if you can sneak up to them an easy head shot. Mosins don't have the rate of fire.

If you head shot someone only the stuff in their jacket gets ruined which isn't a big deal but if you shoot someone in the chest everything gets ruined.

Edited by Sleeping Tobi

The problem is 90% of the kosing estars! could care less for loot. Hell, I've even seen a few streamers bitching about having to eat and gather gear. We get stuck with their mindless fan base.

Your gonna kill someone with a firearm, fine. Someone with an axe coming at you, fine as well. You run across some Bambi in a base, you know what he's looking for, put a bullet in him.

However, if you scope into the distance and see some poor purple backpacked fresh spawn just trying to drink at a well, back the fuck down boy.

Kos is fine for those able to defend themselves. However, fresh spawns should be protected. There's nothing that will advance the game by standing near a beach and killing whatever spawns.

• Like 1

seems reasonable.. what if you saw one person just sitting, would you leave them be, and move along? just out of interest..

Depends on how close I was and what my intentions in the town was. If I was just entering for loot and they were just sitting there, depending on where we were in the map I'd probably just leave him be. If I came around the corner and he was facing me though, I'd shoot him.

Me and my friends KOS all the time. Its what makes dayz playable. If you think getting gear and trying to run from zombies the entire game is fun, then i feel sorry for you

It's already there.

I've suggested to bring back the skins from the mod back until a proper system is in effect.

Since at the moment bandits is like playing on Easy and Hero/survivor on Hard.

Simply because as a Bandit (thinking KoS-bandit here), you simply shoot everyone, nothing to worry about. But as a Hero/survivor, every interaction usually means death. Since the majority just KoS because they fear that everyone is a bandit.

No the old system was just stupid... If someone shoots at you first and you kill them you  get punished. Also its so unrealistic, if someone kills people do you think they would run around with a sign saying i kill people?

How realistic

Games need mechanics, no matter how realistic the game pretends to be it's not a "game" without mechanics at it's core.

Right now Day Z is a big rogue like death match, the zombies don't even play a factor at the moment.

Edited by grifflyman

Ways to prevent KoS:

1. Don't be seen.

Ways to punish KoS:

1. Shoot back.

Ways to avoid KoS:

1. Play Second Life.

• Like 4