Sign in to follow this  
Zee_Panda

Getting the spawn spawns.

Every time I get killed, I spawn at Kamyshovo, I think its the new patch they brang out because its starting to really fuck me off, I dont want to head to Electro every time I die, Since the new patch, I have only once, gotten a Solnichly spawn and got killed point blank. Guess where I spawned after that, you guessed it. Fucking Kamyshovo next to the fucking barn shit. Let me know if any of you guys get this too.

Stop complaining. Stop swearing. Head North

Its so stupid though, you can't just tell me to head North. Its not that simple. I would like some gear first before I can go North. Im not going up there with my flashlight and my Green Jeans. I would have no self defence and probably die of starvation before I even hit NWAF.

You don't need to be fully geared to go North. All you really need is a backpack to make the journey. Find a well and drink till your full then find some food and get going. Explore little towns on the way and you will slowly start to gear up. I dont see why people think its so hard... You dont need an M4 to explore.. Shit i only had a crowbar for about 2 hours as my weapon...

• Like 7

So many other places to go besides Elektro, go West, North West, North by North West or North. Mix it up, no need to keep running to the same city again and again. That only makes you predictable and probably killed anyway.

There are so many towns on the map to get the basics, an axe and maybe a gun. Not understanding the problem.

You don't need to be fully geared to go North. All you really need is a backpack to make the journey. Find a well and drink till your full then find some food and get going. Explore little towns on the way and you will slowly start to gear up. I dont see why people think its so hard... You dont need an M4 to explore.. Shit i only had a crowbar for about 2 hours as my weapon...

Yeah but the first person that sees you with an M4 will kill you and there is nothing you can do.  And if you just travel around for hours and see no one it is just plain boring... sooo what do you do?

I have recently been spawning there as well.  5 times in a row to be exact.  I kept letting this same zombie kill me.  Finally I landed in Elektro and was just like screw it just start from here.

The map REALLY needs some work... sick of only seeing Cherno and Balota if you want to see action and actually join in.

So many other places to go besides Elektro, go West, North West, North by North West or North. Mix it up, no need to keep running to the same city again and again. That only makes you predictable and probably killed anyway.

There are so many towns on the map to get the basics, an axe and maybe a gun. Not understanding the problem.

And then do what?  Walk around for hours eating beans and drinking sodas?  That sounds fun.

• Like 1

Yeah but the first person that sees you with an M4 will kill you and there is nothing you can do.  And if you just travel around for hours and see no one it is just plain boring... sooo what do you do?

I have recently been spawning there as well.  5 times in a row to be exact.  I kept letting this same zombie kill me.  Finally I landed in Elektro and was just like screw it just start from here.

The map REALLY needs some work... sick of only seeing Cherno and Balota if you want to see action and actually join in.

You explore the map and learn it. I personally find it fun to explore new places. If your worried about others with M4's then avoid them, doing scouting, whatever it takes not to die. You get bored because you run to the same place everytime looking for the same stuff. When you go up North you can stumble upon new things. At least try it instead of doing the every day grind to the same place.

You explore the map and learn it. I personally find it fun to explore new places. If your worried about others with M4's then avoid them, doing scouting, whatever it takes not to die. You get bored because you run to the same place everytime looking for the same stuff. When you go up North you can stumble upon new things. At least try it instead of doing the every day grind to the same place.

Sounds really cool and all but there is no point learning parts of the map that have nothing but food, paper and jeans laying everywhere.  You will never find social interactions or PVP in those places so whats the point?  People run to the same places for a reason.  They need to put some of these places in other parts of the map.  I don't want to just avoid everyone I see either.  Whats the fun in that?  Once I get a full kit I go looking for bandits to hunt.  If I die I do it all over again and learn something new everytime from my mistakes.  Whats the fun in gearing out and just walking around avoiding people?  I honestly want to know what is appealing about that so I can try it.

And then do what?  Walk around for hours eating beans and drinking sodas?  That sounds fun.

So you don't like BalotaField 4, don't like the spawn changes (that's the impression you're giving at least), don't want to risk being killed by someone up in the North with an M4 (if you aren't yet geared), don't want to just run around drinking soda and eating beans.

I'm just not following what exactly it even is you're after here. What is it you want?

**Edit:

Sounds really cool and all but there is no point learning parts of the map that have nothing but food, paper and jeans laying everywhere.  You will never find social interactions or PVP in those places so whats the point?  People run to the same places for a reason.  They need to put some of these places in other parts of the map.  I don't want to just avoid everyone I see either.  Whats the fun in that?  Once I get a full kit I go looking for bandits to hunt.  If I die I do it all over again and learn something new everytime from my mistakes.  Whats the fun in gearing out and just walking around avoiding people?  I honestly want to know what is appealing about that so I can try it.

You want the loot to be spread out more which I agree with to an extent. However there is still a lot of content missing from the game, especially in the form of available weaponry. Until we see where these new additions will end up spawning, we cannot really gauge how the map will play out. Obviously for military grade loot (unless they add things such as wrecked Military vehicles, etc random mil-spawns) will be primarily located at the current gear hot-spots. They've already added more of them too, the new military bases, etc.

Also spreading out the military loot won't change the fact that any military looting areas will be essentially kill or be killed. You are barking up the wrong tree in my opinion if you expect any kind of social interaction near any of those zones.

The beautiful thing about sandbox games is that you can play them with any intention you want, within the confines of what is possible within the game's systems. So you make of it what you will.

Edited by Knightmare

I mean im not going to criticize you for your play style because if your having fun then great i hope your enjoying the game. I think a lot of people such as yourself don't see the value of heading up North and i can see why such as its a long run etc... but when you get to some of these places there may be a chance of better loot other then bits and pieces you find at coastal spawns, also you may run into more veteran players which may give you more of a challenge. This is what i find fun and hope you try it sometime.

This.

One of my first play through I got to NWAF with an hatchet gearing up in the small towns along the way. When I got at NWAF I even got to kill a guy with my hatchet and found myself a weapon. For me, surviving is fun enough. I get stuff up north, and help my friends with gear I find.

Maybe make your way to the NEAF, NWAF or any number of places. The point that you're missing is that this is not the game you think it is and there is more to it than running and gunning. As I said in another post, people really should of done their homework before purchasing this game. If they're disappointed now then they're really not going to like what's to come.

Edited by R.Neville

Every time I get killed, I spawn at Kamyshovo, I think its the new patch they brang out because its starting to really fuck me off, I dont want to head to Electro every time I die, Since the new patch, I have only once, gotten a Solnichly spawn and got killed point blank. Guess where I spawned after that, you guessed it. Fucking Kamyshovo next to the fucking barn shit. Let me know if any of you guys get this too.

Its so stupid though, you can't just tell me to head North. Its not that simple. I would like some gear first before I can go North. Im not going up there with my flashlight and my Green Jeans. I would have no self defence and probably die of starvation before I even hit NWAF.

C'mon guys! Go easy on him!  Everyone knows there are only two places to go in this game, Elektro and Balota.  Besides that, there is absolutely NOTHING else to do in DayZ.  The rest of the 230 square kilometer map?  It's wasted space.  Lol.

Zee_Panda:  Just be patient.  The game just came out this month and it's still in Alpha.  Don't worry, I'm sure that sooner or later there will be private servers with 5000 vehicles, full milgear, a pile of weapons when you spawn and a working train that will take you straight to Elektro and Balota, so you don't have to do any of that pesky "playing the game" type stuff.

Why would anyone wanna go North anyway? No one goes up there, they all sit down at Elec, Cherno, Balota all the Military compound above Kamenka. Theres no point to North when you can go to Balota with 3 barracks, 2 Police stations, 2 hangers and a ACT.

Why would anyone wanna go North anyway? No one goes up there, they all sit down at Elec, Cherno, Balota all the Military compound above Kamenka. Theres no point to North when you can go to Balota with 3 barracks, 2 Police stations, 2 hangers and a ACT.

We go for the experience of exploring new places.

Well... Once I died at nwaf and my friend was still there. I said fuck it and right when I respawned in balota I ran to the well, drank till stuffed, and sprinted all the way to Nwaf in one shot without even getting that hungry or thirsty.

This sums up my fresh spawn strategy.  Get off the coast asap.

Maybe spawn spam is clogging the spawnages. Stop killing yourself you are your own worse enemy.

Maybe spawn spam is clogging the spawnages. Stop killing yourself you are your own worse enemy.

Yeah very possible as well. I think if someone dies so many times in a row after having just spawned, the game should just shit them out somewhere in the middle of the ocean. Because where's your God now?

Yeah very possible as well. I think if someone dies so many times in a row after having just spawned, the game should just shit them out somewhere in the middle of the ocean. Because where's your God now?

change steam name get new character, god doesnt exist.

I dont know why people still hang out on the coast.

The time it takes you to get to a city on the coast you could be in the middle of chernarus away from bambi campers.

Loot gets better as in its not as crowded.

I picked up the game 2 days ago. Kamyshovo is one of my favorite spawns (the other is Novy Sobor, so close to the NWAF). If someone hasn't already looted the place, you can find an axe, a backpack, raincoat, cargo pants (tons of storage), a ton of food and some pop. I eat all the food there as there is basically no limit on how much energy you can get and I have so much room to store more. I've been heading north and exploring the great outdoors. You don't really need a gun either, I never saw a soul on a 30 pop server as I wandered from Pusta to Staroye to Castle Zub. I learned a ton of game mechanics and became a better player. I never received any warnings about hunger or thirst from the game because I drank at all the fountains I found and ate all the food.

TL;DR The game doesn't have to be Balota Deathmatch if you don't want it to.

Watch this video on how your stomach, water, energy, blood and health works as storage. It helped me quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwNgTnj9hBE

Pretty simple head east, up the coast until you hit neaf, by that time you will have absolutely everything you need as those towns are rarely looted and the biggest town in the game (forget the name) is on the way with 2 stores and the ship wreck which usually includes a mosin. People have this stupid idea that you have to go to balota or cherno to gear up.

Would lesson the chance of contamination and infection too but remove fish from the menu