Sign in to follow this  
TheProphecy

Utilizing the entire map

This is a problem I had when I first played the mod, and it has carried over to the standalone. On the mod, you knew where the hotspots were. Stary, NWA, Cherno, Elektro, Berezino and to a lesser extent, Devil's Castle and NEA (just too far out of the way). The big cities have turned into ghost towns now. I've run through Elektro, Stary and Cherno multiple times and have seen a handful of people. I haven't been to Berezino, as there's really no reason to go there. All of the action is now condensed to less than a 3rd of the map. I don't see how making everyone spawn on the east coast makes the situation any better. All it does is make people run longer before going to Balota, Zeleno, the military bases and NWA. Why not take one of those military bases and move it inside the triangle of Dubrovka, Gvozdno and Krazzy? Just a thought.

The mod had it perfect. You spawned along the entire coast and the military gear was up North. You had to work your way to these areas and gain gear, just like on here now. I don't see the problem.

• Like 1

I would prefer most of the spawns move back to the south. I really liked fighting my way through the fresh spawns to get up north to play with the big boys.

Im sure loot will be worked on heaps and have areas more opened up with the addition of vehicals, making new hotspots, especially cities.

Until the map is finished it is not possible to balance the spawns.

So for me its all moot until then.

Well I don't know what servers you been playing on, but when I was fighting for my life in Elecktro, I killed 3 people and was then murdered by a guy in a clown mask. I wouldn't say the big cities are "ghost towns"

The mod had it perfect. You spawned along the entire coast and the military gear was up North. You had to work your way to these areas and gain gear, just like on here now. I don't see the problem.

I agree. I thinking there really should be a max of 3 barracks (not with current loot system of course) .. 2 at nwaf, and 1 at neaf (or somewhere east.) I don't think firestations should spawn ANY assault rifles... I don't understand the logic in firestations having any guns at all.. For anything less than 10 minutes there shouldn't be assault rifles, etc. As you go farther from the spawn, (ie north) the weapons should become more powerfull. Finding an m4 within minutes is so stupid.. defeats any reason to go north. Balota obviously needs to go.

tldr; Remove all military loot from the souths/spawns.

• Like 1

The problems:

• 99% of the map was useless bullshit that nobody ever went to. Why have 144km2 and then use like 12km2?
  • It's goofy and senseless. "North good South bad" is a weird and arbitrary rule that only "makes sense" because we got used to it after awhile.
  • Like 1

Finding an m4 within minutes is so stupid.. defeats any reason to go north. Balota obviously needs to go.

tldr; Remove all military loot from the souths/spawns.

Nah. Balota is great step in the right direction for the map to get away from the "spawn, run north, get loot" repetitive strategy in the mod. The map should be interesting, dynamic and loot of all kinds should be roughly evenly distributed.

Once loot spawning is in, Balota is going to be a very interesting place to be. Yes, it has good gear but it's also probably currently and will remain the most dangerous place in the game. It's a risky early gamble.

Pretty clear this was the idea in adding it, so I'm confident they're not going to take it out just because people seem to think "the point" of the game is to run north all the time.

• Like 1

I would prefer most of the spawns move back to the south. I really liked fighting my way through the fresh spawns to get up north to play with the big boys.

The West is the new North. You will still have to fight to get there. Fight hunger, sickness, thirst and that player with an axe or maybe an M4. Issue is?

Edited by R.Neville

Nah. Balota is great step in the right direction for the map to get away from the "spawn, run north, get loot" repetitive strategy in the mod. The map should be interesting, dynamic and loot of all kinds should be roughly evenly distributed.

Once loot spawning is in, Balota is going to be a very interesting place to be. Yes, it has good gear but it's also probably currently and will remain the most dangerous place in the game. It's a risky early gamble.

Pretty clear this was the idea in adding it, so I'm confident they're not going to take it out just because people seem to think "the point" of the game is to run north all the time.

I hope you're kidding.. There's no risk in balota.. you just spawn, run there, if you die.. fuck it.. just get another spawn there. Then you have kids running back to bodies, freshspawns randomly spawning around you.. .It's BalotaField 4 (quoted from someone else) ... Soooo stupid and boring. Noone goes anywhere else.

There's still a lot of new areas to be added to the map, plus there will be lots of new items/weapons added before the game is finished, that will be the time to start worrying about loot balancing.

Add more players to servers, more zombies.... More danger. People won't have good loot for long unless they know how to survive. IMO the problem is the entire world is so safe people are getting everything and getting bored, maybe there is too much loot, or maybe it's just way to easy to get and keep.

The West is the new North. You will still have to fight to get there. Fight hunger, sickness, thirst and that player with an axe or maybe an M4. Issue is?

The issue is we have a huge map, but the vast majority of it is absolutely useless. This isn't a mod anymore and people can't use excuses like that to defend it. We paid $30 (or the regional equivalent) for this game. I don't think it's unreasonable to want the other 2/3 of the map to have some significance/reason to explore.

the other 2/3 of the map does have significance. Believe it or not, military lute is not the only 'significance' in this game. I have no need for m4s so the whole map is useful to me to aid my travels.

This would open up the map and make use of its vast area. I don't know why so many people are against it, including the devs. Why not make higher grade loot have a chance to spawn in a residence. Maybe not an equal chance to spawn compared to a military base but enough of a chance that people would want to explore.

I like Balota and the idea that has been put behind it.

When you first spawn you have the option to go there and POSSIBLY get loot but you are usually going to die from a player with a lot of loot or a player doing the same thing as you.

You also have the option to go there once you get loot to get more loot, but there is the very real possibility that it is one of the more dangerous places to travel to on the map due to the amount of people that go there.

It is a high risk, high reward system just like the North is a Low risk, takes for ever, but high reward.

This would open up the map and make use of its vast area. I don't know why so many people are against it, including the devs. Why not make higher grade loot have a chance to spawn in a residence. Maybe not an equal chance to spawn compared to a military base but enough of a chance that people would want to explore.

I also agree with this, I feel like once you get a small amount of gear unless you are out looking for a bit of food which you can find almost anywhere you are really only compelled ( or at least i am ) to search in the places that I know are going to have a larger output of loot. Rather than searching in a ton of houses and finding little to nothing. 

I like Balota and the idea that has been put behind it.

When you first spawn you have the option to go there and POSSIBLY get loot but you are usually going to die from a player with a lot of loot or a player doing the same thing as you.

You also have the option to go there once you get loot to get more loot, but there is the very real possibility that it is one of the more dangerous places to travel to on the map due to the amount of people that go there.

It is a high risk, high reward system just like the North is a Low risk, takes for ever, but high reward.

There's no risk at balota though... You can literally spawn there.. 

For the players who already have a fair amount of loot and are looking to upgrade it there is a fair amount of risk. 

The problems:

• 99% of the map was useless bullshit that nobody ever went to. Why have 144km2 and then use like 12km2?
  • It's goofy and senseless. "North good South bad" is a weird and arbitrary rule that only "makes sense" because we got used to it after awhile.

Pretty sure it's 225 sq Km, not 144