MeanM16

So... can you be that good?

So I'm leaving the NWAF with the hopes that I could maybe find something to do (as the game doesnt have a whole lot to do passed gearing up, and killing people... and I dont like killing people pointlessly). As I leave I spot three people approaching the airfield. I stop, go prone, and aim down my Mosin scope. As I watch for a moment I see what looked like a Ghillie'd sniper which seemed odd, but I could have most certainly been mistaken. He isn't looking in my direction, starts SPRINTING, stops, turns towards me, and Im dead, all within two-three seconds.

Does this seem normal? I usually do quite well and don't get killed in such an eerily "how is that possible" manor. Does this just happen sometimes? Was it lag? 

Overall I was just blown away at how quickly and effortlessly a guy at 400-500 meters took me out, right after sprinting, first shot, at 400-500 meters. I suppose I'm just complaining but this is the second time where I have had an enormous advantage and then suddenly I'm taken out like its nothing. Again I could just be "that guy," but are there hackers already? Cause it felt like some Mod level shenanigans had just taken place. 

It's happened to me twice, first time I lagged out and came back dead. But the last time the person took me out first bullet.

Some people get a lucky shot.

Interesting.. I have had some head scratching deaths as well. 

Can anyone confirm that there is hacking or no hacking in standalone?  I know it was rampant in the mod and frankly that is what spoiled it for me.  

Overall I was just blown away at how quickly and effortlessly a guy at 400-500 meters took me out, right after sprinting, first shot, at 400-500 meters. I suppose I'm just complaining but this is the second time where I have had an enormous advantage and then suddenly I'm taken out like its nothing. Again I could just be "that guy," but are there hackers already? Cause it felt like some Mod level shenanigans had just taken place. 

Can anyone confirm that there is hacking or no hacking in standalone?  I know it was rampant in the mod and frankly that is what spoiled it for me.  

There are item/player radar/ESP hacks, teleport hacks as well as aimbot hacks for the DayZ Standalone right now to answer your question.  Were you killed by a h4xx0r?  I don't know.

The devs are working on addressing this and SA is VAC enabled.  Given the alpha nature of the game and the way VAC bans work, you may not see these players banned immediately.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 2

There is hacking. Thedevildoggamer actually has a video with a hacker in it, teleporting around and openly admitting to it.

• Like 1

From my expirence in game, I had 'normal' fights on all map, meaning I spoted enemy, was not insta killed from dunnowhere etc, except PvP hot spots.

Almost every time I went to NWAF or other PvP hot spot area (stary sobor in DayZ mod, Balota etc.) I was killed is some bullshit way that just felt really not fair.

I wish I could belive that it was simply becouse players that go to NWAF etc. are skilled PvPers but I can't.

In my opinion at least 6 out of 10 players that goes to NWAF or other PvP hot spot to PvP has esp hack (wallhack, aimbot).

Thus said I go to PvP hot spots just to get my weapon and I move out becouse I don't wanna rage quit.

There are item/player radar/ESP hacks, teleport hacks as well as aimbot hacks for the DayZ Standalone right now to answer your question.  Were you killed by a h4xx0r?  I don't know.

The devs are working on addressing this and SA is VAC enabled.  Given the alpha nature of the game and the way VAC bans work, you may not see these players banned immediately.

This is a shame to learn.  Eliminating hacking from the game should be the number one priority of the devs.  In my opinion it completely spoils the game.

• Like 3

is this an online game? yes? then theres cheaters/hackers/script users.

This is a shame to learn.  Eliminating hacking from the game should be the number one priority of the devs.  In my opinion it completely spoils the game.

Good luck, the minute those hacks are patched out new ones will be out
Edited by Gerandar
  • Like 1

The devs could also be collecting data on these hacks, which is not an uncommon practice in Alphas & Betas.  And when the banhammer does eventually drop...

Cue the hilarious forum posts filled with Delicious Tears.

615419_1307402242887_400_300.jpg

is this an online game? yes? then theres cheaters/hackers/script users.

Good luck, the minute those hacks are patched out new ones will be out

This is why I would have no problem paying monthly for this game to ensure stable lag free servers, which would allow for a greater amount of people per server and constant hack monitoring.  

There are plenty of games that have eliminated cheating or thwart it before it hurts the integrity of the game.  They have something really special here and I would like it to not be ruined.  Bring in 20MM in revenue on an alpha release with zero marketing?  That is special indeed.  It might be time to triple/quadruple the design team numbers.

Edited by strict_flow

This is why I would have no problem paying monthly for this game to ensure stable lag free servers, which would allow for a greater amount of people per server and constant hack monitoring.  

There are plenty of games that have eliminated cheating or thwart it before it hurts the integrity of the game.  They have something really special here and I would like it to not be ruined.  Bring in 20MM in revenue on an alpha release with zero marketing?  That is special indeed.  It might be time to triple/quadruple the design team numbers.

Which online games have eliminated cheating?

Find me a pay to play mmo and I will find you scripts/hacks for it. there are entire communities people pay to be apart of to get hacks for top tier games so yeah good luck stoping them.

How exactly are you tracking the position of a players head that far away if you can't even tell what he is wearing? You do know that you can hold alt (default key) to move your head around so that you can look while moving in a different direction right? Also what kind of backpack were you using?

Which online games have eliminated cheating?

anyone know why game developers cant take any legal action against hack distribution sites ? 

as i stated in another thread : banning is only temporary as most hack distributors offer many different ways to counteract banning .

one is faked game keys , another reason i dont understand why developers dont take legal action .

How exactly are you tracking the position of a players head that far away if you can't even tell what he is wearing? You do know that you can hold alt (default key) to move your head around so that you can look while moving in a different direction right? Also what kind of backpack were you using?

Full TTsko gear, and a hunter backpack cause its a lot smaller. I could tell where his head was facing because I wanted to see if he was looking towards me. Personally I dont pay attention to what three guys are wearing when they all have rifles and are running towards me. 

Again Im not trying to complain really, just surprised me that the guy shot me a second after sprinting from 400 meters, it was just a near impossible feat that didnt seem like anything I could ever do just because of game mechanics like, zeroing, sway after running, distance, and ADS time.

anyone know why game developers cant take any legal action against hack distribution sites ? 

as i stated in another thread : banning is only temporary as most hack distributors offer many different ways to counteract banning .

one is faked game keys , another reason i dont understand why developers dont take legal action .

local laws have no power over websites based overseas. what they are doing is not illegal in the country the website is hosted in

Just because something is online doesn't mean its automatically always going to have game ruining hackers.. 

Think about online gambling/poker websites or online banking.  The key is in the design.

Sure there will always be a small amount of it and I can tolerate that.  I just don't want every 15 year old so schmo to have easy access to hacks like the Day Z Mod.

They are not "faked game keys."  They are real game keys.  A game that costs 50 bucks in the U.S may only cost 7 bucks in a much poorer country.  Players in the U.S. or another country can then use these keys from other countries, sometimes requiring a slight work-around, a proxy or nothing at all.  Russian game keys are especially popular as they are often very cheap and many game hacking sites purchase these gamekeys wholesale.  The game companies themselves allow this to happen.  EA is even known to practically facilitate it.  They don't care where the money comes from. 

Just because something is online doesn't mean its automatically always going to have game ruining hackers.. 

Think about online gambling/poker websites or online banking.  The key is in the design.

Sure there will always be a small amount of it and I can tolerate that.  I just don't want every 15 year old so schmo to have easy access to hacks like the Day Z Mod.

The difference is online banking/gambing websites are dealing with money lots of money. getting caught cheating and winning tons of money would most likely get you caught, but the person who wrote you the hack wouldnt be in any legal trouble as long as he hosted it in a country where the internet laws are loose(like iceland for instance)

Just a little bit ago I believe I encountered a hacker for my first time. I left a military base and after running past two more towns, I suddenly got teleported back to just outside the military base. I couldn't move or anything and didn't know what the hell was going on/going to happen so I alt f4'd as quickly as I could, not wanting to die by a hacker. For the record, I never alt F4.. I did not get the 'No message received' either as normally shows when the server restarts. I quickly joined another server though that's for sure. It was one of the US East servers it happened on.

Edit: Never mind I believe what I experienced was just a bug. 

Edited by Foxhunt

Full TTsko gear, and a hunter backpack cause its a lot smaller. I could tell where his head was facing because I wanted to see if he was looking towards me. Personally I dont pay attention to what three guys are wearing when they all have rifles and are running towards me.

Again Im not trying to complain really, just surprised me that the guy shot me a second after sprinting from 400 meters, it was just a near impossible feat that didnt seem like anything I could ever do just because of game mechanics like, zeroing, sway after running, distance, and ADS time.

Well with the equipment you are using such a feat sure does sound a little bit shady. From that far away with that gear you should blend in with the terrain just fine when someone's using a natural right click zoom.

Edit: Unless you went prone on pavement. In civilized backdrops that outfit is extremely obvious.

Edited by mrscratch

Is it possible you were killed by someone else outside of your field of view while you were focused on the "ghillie"?

• Like 1

Is it possible you were killed by someone else outside of your field of view while you were focused on the "ghillie"?

dont bring sense into this thread.

• Like 2

Of course, but whats the likelihood that two snipers saw me prone, behind a tree, in grass at the exact same moment and one shot the second the other looked right at me, and it was a one shot from full blood (or at least as close as you can get using a saline bag). Obviously that logic could really be applied to every time we get killed oddly, but it honestly seems less likely that another person shot me.

Again I appreciate everyone who has shared their own stories and input, as really what I wanted was just to see how common this was. Is it another "alpha alert" or connection? I have been killed one other time by someone who appeared to be sliding crouched, continuously pulling his axe from his back, so I didn't shoot, all to find out that apparently it was laggy and he had been glitched so I couldn't see his M4...

All in all, just curious, sharing my stories on the forum of a game that I love, not trying to do anything negative of course as I dont find joy in complaining or making things less fun for others.

Anyway, thanks!

Of course, but whats the likelihood that two snipers saw me prone, behind a tree, in grass...

Your average DayZ player has an extremely low chance. Your average Arma vet has a high chance. Now the question at hand is how many Arma vets do you think are playing a alpha version of a standalone version of DayZ?