thedogfoodyayho

Bored? Try this new play style.

Currently about to suicide with fully decked mosin = 2 pu on long range scope, a ton of food, mountain backpack, helmet, full camo ect, becuase i'm bored.

This is what i'm going to do.

Rule 1: Don't take an M4

Rule 2: have no more than 60 Rifle rounds

Rule 3:  have no more than 30 pistol rounds

Rule 4: only have 1 melee

Rule 5: Avoid other survivors. Don't actively seek them out/follow them unless bored/dieing

Besides the ammo thing, thats how i would go about surviving Irl. 

In game, i'm hopeing it will add more thrill to actaully surviving instead of sniping server hoppers near vybor, which is what i've been doing.

Post your alternate playstyles here, and try out this one/others!

• Like 1

Coastal bambi population control.

Grab m4, and run back and forth on coast between Elektro and Berezino.

• Like 3

don't carry food and eat  everything that you find when you require food even the rotten stuff!

Rule 1: Don't take an M4

Rule 2: have no more than 60 Rifle rounds

Rule 3:  have no more than 30 pistol rounds

Rule 4: only have 1 melee

Rule 5: Avoid other survivors. Don't actively seek them out/follow them unless bored/dieing

Sounds pretty boring to me...

Try this:

Rule 1: No guns

Rule 2: You can never carry food on you, if you find something eat it unless you're full. (water's fine)

Rule 3: Try to head to every player you see and ask them for food. (only food)

Rule 4: Do not leave the coastal area.

That way you can experience how the players are and since you're not carrying anything of worth, you can expect most of them to be friendly. Heck, you may even join a group if offered and all rules get invalid, because playing with other people makes this game way more fun. :D

Edited by ClassifyLP
  • Like 3

I think it could be interesting to actively limit your supplies (maybe only take a small backpack and not hoard food and water for two weeks), forcing yourself to scavenge on a regular basis for really necessary things and not just that pristine bipod that completes your collection. 

Another idea: team up with a few people, search for medpacks and storage containers, and transform a house near a spawn location into an emergency shelter, giving out survival kits (boxes with food and water) and meds. 

Yet another idea: Make small "campsites" with gas cookers, lamps and backpacks with some stuff for people to find or decorate rooms in some houses with half empty cans and some rubbish as if someone was living there for a while. 

And another one (god i'm on a run here): Kill zombies only with guns. It is really fun and you never know who or what the shots might attract (even if my only try of that play style so far didn't turn out that well ;) )

And a last one: Play at night. Really changes things up :)

I can't wait for the notes to work again as well, all those possibilities...

In game, i'm hopeing it will add more thrill to actaully surviving instead of sniping server hoppers near vybor, which is what i've been doing.

I'm impressed that you actually find people near Vybor. Always a ghost town when I raid it.

I'm impressed that you actually find people near Vybor. Always a ghost town when I raid it.

Mostly i find them at the military base nearby, but a few days ago, one logged in right behinf me in a random Townhouse. I figure that was just him trying to find a daytime server or something, and it was 1/100000

After 2 hours, i have a mosin + PU scope, firemans axe, and my first Revolver, which i found at the Shipwreck :)

Going to explore the new northern roads

After 2 hours, i have a mosin + PU scope, firemans axe, and my first Revolver, which i found at the Shipwreck :)

Going to explore the new northern roads

bon voyage, take your camera

How many melee weapons do you normally carry?

I have been doing a bit of a test. I started in Cherno and am just walking all over (headed west, then north up to the airfield, to Stary, back down to cherno and am over in elektro now, about to head north up the coast. Here are my rules.

1- No rifles at all. Only pistols (I have one of each)

2- No fire axe. Doesn't look as cool as the wood axe.

3- When I get to a town I don't loot house, only business'. I WALK through the town.

4- When I see a player I try to make contact.

5- If they are hostile my first option is escape, second is kill them.

6- Play on a server with 25+ is possible.

I am taking notes and marking my trail on a map (like the thread in the Gallery).

So far I have been attacked a few times (mostly on the coast) and been shot once (really close to dieing that time). I only had to kill one guy. He gave me the finger when I waved then ran at me with an axe so I hot him. He got mad, yelled at me and kept coming so I killed him.

Edited by DevilDog
  • Like 3

I always carry an M4 with at least 100 rounds. I carry a secondary pistol with about 40 rounds. I always have enough food/water to last several days.

It's hard enough WITH supplies, I'm not going to become a bum and run around begging for food, only to get a bullet to the head as payment.

I will continue holding up bambis and providing them with food. I will continue gunning down anyone holding a gun (as they are assumed to be dangerous, like me)

Stalk a player without being seen as far as you can. Try and witness a murder, from him or of him and you MUST see it was not self-defense.

Find a few books and read stories to coastal bambis and spread the word of the lord

• Like 2

- Get a squad together.

- Help one another get geared up.

- Capture people with handcuffs.

- Torture them and then kill them.

- Get a squad together.

- Help one another get geared up.

- Capture people with handcuffs.

- Torture them and then kill them.

How are you part of the Day Z hero Society? That doesn't sound nice at all.

• Like 2

A mate and I have were discussing this today and we came up with a few different ideas. Not to be used at the same time, just one at a time. 

We quickly realised that to actually have fun, you need to interact with others and not be all hung up on loot. You lose it? oh well. My mate accidently shot me when we were being attacked by an axe wielding maniac, i was unconscious and then glitched and he couldnt use bandages or IV as i was apparently moving. his solution? A Magnum to the head to put me out of my misery.. No big deal, time for a respawn.

1. Dont use a Backpack at all.

2. No Military Gear, including weapons. our decision was that the magnum was ok.

3. baseball bats for weapons only.

4. no weapons at all, grab 1st aid kits and be medics for strangers.

5. have a competition to talk as many surviviors as possible and see who can survive the most encounters.

6. with nothing in your inventory, break your legs and try and find the materials needed to make a splint.

7 M4 without a magazine, only 1 in the chamber at any time.

How are you part of the Day Z hero Society? That doesn't sound nice at all.

I believe it is an attempt at irony 

Don't carry a gun only melee weapon, take anything else if you'd like. Try to dress camo and if you see someone don't reveal yourself, continue to follow him for as far as you can without getting seen. (Optional: If you have a mic Fuck with his mind by getting close to him and make random creepy noises, or say weird threatening shit. Then proceed to laugh your ass off while he gets super paranoid.) Then when he is looting or spots you in a building kill him with your melee weapon. I haven't been able to try this since I don't have a microphone and my DayZ has been seriously buggy. But I think it would be hilarious to follow a guy and watch him get paranoid.

My friend and I got completely kitted out with M4s and food for days, so now we bother freshspawns by holding them at gunpoint and force feeding them window cleaner

1. Wear yellow raincoat.

2. Loot books

3. Setup Library at Balota Hanger.

Next reset/death I'm going to try that.

This most recent reset I decided to stay away from M4s, and most other military gear (I've never really used the helmet anyway, radar caps and ushankas 4 lyfe). I actually scoured the airfields for a chest holster to replace my tac vest, so I could look like a boss with the .357. Holding onto the .45 for a friend, collecting ammo in the box to give out like candy, and using the loudest weapons available to kill zombies. Basically I just decided I'd have a little fun and create a 'character' that acts and dresses in a certain way.

My current "playstyle" is this:

1. No M4

2. Cannot go further than the southern half of the map.

3. Cannot carry any food and drink, can only eat or drink what you find.

4. Cannot kill on sight, must attempt communication if discovered. If necessary, shoot to kill.

It's pretty fun so far, the 3rd rule makes it a lot more important to loot food and drink but it's pretty easy to find atm anyway.