frosti

Suicide rock near Kamyshovo

Fuck me, to many retarded people in this thread.

I kill myself to get a better spawn to be more effective and save time. Not everyone wanna pretend being a friendly survivor and share beans and take a stroll through the forest. I just wanna get my ass to the best location to find gear and then blow your fucking head off.

Everyone damn whines about people playing this as a deathmatch. Well, go and hide up in the mountains and nobody will ever bother you.

• Like 1

The problem isn't with the player base, or the fact that suicide spots exist. It's with loot distribution. There's no point in spawning at Kamenka, unless you REALLY enjoy playing a walking simulator. If the loot was better distributed then people wouldn't constantly murder themselves to avoid the long run back to town. Really there shouldn't be any major cities on the coast. Starting from the coast and going northwest loot should go from small residential to military, which major cities being further inland and equidistant from all the spawns on the shore. Otherwise, spawn suicide will always be a thing.

• Like 2

The same used to happen in the mod at the bridge west of kamenka(store there now), Krutoy cap has always been the worst spawn.

Who jumps off something aiming to land face first(as in the pictures)?

I kill myself to get a better spawn to be more effective and save time. Not everyone wanna pretend being a friendly survivor and share beans and take a stroll through the forest. I just wanna get my ass to the best location to find gear and then blow your fucking head off.

Everyone damn whines about people playing this as a deathmatch. Well, go and hide up in the mountains and nobody will ever bother you.

It's insane that a survival game rewards suicide.

• Like 7

I've just spoted a bambi that spawned in Solnichniy.

He apparently didyn't know about suicide tower in Solnichniy, becouse he immidetly started to run north, to factory area, climbed the ladder of one of tall building that are there and jumped of the roof to commit suicide :(. It was really sad to watch.

Please turn off fall damage. Think about bambies.

bambihelp.png

• Like 3

OMG...this is so funny :D

I am starting to believe the player base of dayz is slowly turning into retards who want everything handed to them.

Maybe...

I think some people want just one Spawn location(Balota)...

Edited by XjoseX

Here bambies come to commit suicide when they are not happy with their spawn zone.

I take this as a positive sign that Rocket is doing something right.  The spawning mechanic may still need to be tweaked slightly for a little more variety but for the most part, spot on.  No constant spawning near Cherno/Balota is a great way to weed out the COD kiddies.  There have already been numerous threads where they have claimed it's "inconvenient" and ridiculous that they have to spend time walking and running to get to Balota and the "endgame loot" which is the "only thing to do" in DayZ.

Yesterday, some guy claimed he killed himself and respawned like 50 times trying to get a spawn near Cherno/Balota because it would have taken him like 30 minutes to run to Cherno.  The inherent irony of spending likely a lot more than half an hour suiciding and trying to respawn near Cherno/Balota was completely lost on him.

• Like 3

This is a perfect example of why I love Rocket and how he develops this game. 

I remember back in the very early days of DayZ Mod development when everyone spawned with a Makarov pistol everyone complained how difficult the game was. So what did rocket do? He made it MORE difficult taking away weapons from all fresh spawns. People then complained about how difficult the zombies were, then he made them hear you when you run out of line of sight. People then complained how difficult it was finding food and water, what did he do? Got people sick when they got too cold. 

I have no doubt that as his foundational release becomes more stable he will continue to ramp up the difficulty to survive. More and more people will bitch, and I will smile. 

I have no problem with DayZ never becoming "mainstream" the reason WHY DayZ is special is because it is NOT "mainstream". 

Let the noobs kill themselves and rage quit. Adapt or die.

• Like 5

I take this as a positive sign that Rocket is doing something right.  The spawning mechanic may still need to be tweaked slightly for a little more variety but for the most part, spot on.  No constant spawning near Cherno/Balota is a great way to weed out the COD kiddies.  There have already been numerous threads where they have claimed it's "inconvenient" and ridiculous that they have to spend time walking and running to get to Balota and the "endgame loot" which is the "only thing to do" in DayZ.

Yesterday, some guy claimed he killed himself and respawned like 50 times trying to get a spawn near Cherno/Balota because it would have taken him like 30 minutes to run to Cherno.  The inherent irony of spending likely a lot more than half an hour suiciding and trying to respawn near Cherno/Balota was completely lost on him.

Why do we need to weed out certain kind of people? This is everyones game, not just yours.

I have no doubt that as his foundational release becomes more stable he will continue to ramp up the difficulty to survive. More and more people will bitch, and I will smile. 

I have no problem with DayZ never becoming "mainstream" the reason WHY DayZ is special is because it is NOT "mainstream". 

Let the noobs kill themselves and rage quit. Adapt or die.

Oh it will definitely become harder.  Harder = Funner.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 1

Why do we need to weed out certain kind of people? This is everyones game, not just yours.

Angry Birds and COD is "everyones" game. 

DayZ is not "everyones" game, if it was then you would be able to choose where to spawn and you would never lose your equipment on death. DayZ is rocket's game, that's what BIS hired him to make. Many people will be angry, but its OK because there are more casual zombie survival experiences for them to fall back on. 

• Like 5

"One of the key things that I wanted to get is that I wanted the player to have that sense of desperation when they started out. I didn’t want any sense of balance at all. I wanted it to be an anti-game. I wanted the player to enter the world and say “Wow, everything is out to get me!” and to feel that tension the whole way through. But I also wanted them to feel a tension from the environment, from the weather, from the land." -Dean Hall

DayZ is not about convenience.  It's not about powdering your bottom and telling you that you're special.  DayZ is meant to be frustrating and it's meant to be difficult.  If players think that DayZ is difficult now, they have another thing coming because the aim of the game is not to be some easy, twitch shooter that caters to mainstream FPS players.

People who are complaining about having to spend half an hour walking somewhere or not spawning near Balota/Cherno where they can get all their "endgame loot" because that's "the only thing to do" show an utter failure in understanding DayZ.  It's not supposed to be easy.  You're not supposed to spawn and have a bunch of milgear and weapons dumped in your lap.

A lot of players with this "gimme now!" and instant gratification, twitch-shooter mindset purchased DayZ because of the hype surrounding it (well deserved though) without actually understanding what kind of game DayZ is.  And then they come to the forums to literally complain about having to walk somewhere for half an hour or an hour in a game with a 230 SQM map.

• Like 4

Most of the "Noobs" come from mainstream shooters. Hence the all to common "Let's all spawn in Balota and duke it out for hours for the trash loot that has been taken already." mentality. (Before spawn changes, of course)

DayZ is meant to be as unforgiving as it gets, everything in the environment will one day become a problem.

Watch out, because the game is merely in pre-alpha...

It only gets worse from here.

• Like 2

A lot of players with this "gimme now!" and instant gratification, twitch-shooter mindset purchased DayZ because of the hype surrounding it (well deserved though) without actually understanding what kind of game DayZ is.  And then they come to the forums to literally complain about having to walk somewhere for half an hour or an hour in a game with a 230 SQM map.

There's also a lot of players who played on private hive servers in the mod, where the whole server was built around easy gear and maximum action. I can see their disappointment when they're forced to play vanilla dayz. But, I have no sympathy for them.

• Like 3

"One of the key things that I wanted to get is that I wanted the player to have that sense of desperation when they started out. I didn’t want any sense of balance at all. I wanted it to be an anti-game. I wanted the player to enter the world and say “Wow, everything is out to get me!” and to feel that tension the whole way through. But I also wanted them to feel a tension from the environment, from the weather, from the land." -Dean Hall

DayZ is not about convenience.  It's not about powdering your bottom and telling you that you're special.  DayZ is meant to be frustrating and it's meant to be difficult.  If players think that DayZ is difficult now, they have another thing coming because the aim of the game is not to be some easy, twitch shooter that caters to mainstream FPS players.

People who are complaining about having to spend half an hour walking somewhere or not spawning near Balota/Cherno where they can get all their "endgame loot" because that's "the only thing to do" show an utter failure in understanding DayZ.  It's not supposed to be easy.  You're not supposed to spawn and have a bunch of milgear and weapons dumped in your lap.

I want these people to stay so I have someone to kill. Tbh if everyone who was camping at balota is gone, who am I supposed to fight? Where shall I go, wander to empty fields and mountains? Before patch I thought a spawn between kamenka and cherno was perfect, then you could run to Pavlovo military base, Zelenegorsk military base, Vybor military base and then to the north west airfield. Would usually take 2 hours and then go back down to the coast and hunt people who camp balota.

Now, I gotta change my hunting grounds, np. But, if hunting people is not viable anymore, to me in a honest opinion, there is nothing to do after you are fully geared, eaten yourself fat and have a bag full of food and ammo. Sure there is still people playing, but the huge map and no common place to go, there is no pvp. And currently PVE isnt very amusing.

• Like 1

There's also a lot of players who played on private hive servers in the mod, where the whole server was built around easy gear and maximum action. I can see their disappointment when they're forced to play vanilla dayz. But, I have no sympathy for them.

I think this is exactly where most of the whining comes from. People were conditioned from some of the dayz offshoot mods and private hives to think it was going to be the same thing. That there will be "something for everyone"

This game is going to be what Rocket envisioned for the mod before private hives started. 

Edited by dromag67

I want these people to stay so I have someone to kill. Tbh if everyone who was camping at balota is gone, who am I supposed to fight? Where shall I go, wander to empty fields and mountains? Before patch I thought a spawn between kamenka and cherno was perfect, then you could run to Pavlovo military base, Zelenegorsk military base, Vybor military base and then to the north west airfield. Would usually take 2 hours and then go back down to the coast and hunt people who camp balota.

Now, I gotta change my hunting grounds, np. But, if hunting people is not viable anymore, to me in a honest opinion, there is nothing to do after you are fully geared, eaten yourself fat and have a bag full of food and ammo. Sure there is still people playing, but the huge map and no common place to go, there is no pvp. And currently PVE isnt very amusing.

The new spawns create a new dynamic for player interactions, you don't start 30ft away from M4 ACOG with 3 coupled magazines. You run into a lot more players who are unarmed or only armed with melee weapons, you don't get blown away and it gives you more of an opportunity for interesting interactions you would have missed in the instant bloodbath AKA Balota. 

Gearing up from Berezino on your way to Balota creates entirely new situations most people would never experience. 

It will get even better when they fix sever hopping. 

The new spawns create a new dynamic for player interactions, you don't start 30ft away from M4 ACOG with 3 coupled magazines. You run into a lot more players who are unarmed or only armed with melee weapons, you don't get blown away and it gives you more of an opportunity for interesting interactions you would have missed in the instant bloodbath AKA Balota. 

Gearing up from Berezino on your way to Balota creates entirely new situations most people would never experience. 

It will get even better when they fix sever hopping. 

Agreed, I am a firm believer in player interaction in this game. Any change that supports that is a plus to me.

Before spawn changes, it was almost like an instant gun fight.

• Like 1

Suicide tower in Solnichniy.

Bambi will find a way.

Best spawn in the game with the Novy Sobor spawn. Berezino is near and that's a dam big city to go through.

• Like 1

The DHS Medical Division does not condone suicide when we can learn so much more from them when they are alive.

• Like 1

Best spawn in the game with the Novy Sobor spawn. Berezino is near and that's a dam big city to go through.

Novy Sobor is the bomb, lots of people probably don't like it if only for the fact that they don't know where they are but they're only a stones throw from the NWAF.

• Like 1

DayZ is the modern day reincarnation of Ninja Gaiden on the Nintendo.

• Like 1

I have not one single problem with PvP at all, it is part of what makes this game great. I would like to ask you a question though and anyone else that feels the same way as you can answer too.

If all you want to do is get your "ass to the best location to find gear and then blow your fucking head off." Then whey are you playing this game? Seriously. There are 100s of FPS where the object of the game is to run around and "blow peoples heads off".

The DHS Medical Division does not condone suicide when we can learn so much more from them when they are alive.

When I first read about you guys slaughtering all the new spawns I didn't really like you much, but you are growing on me. Well played psycopaths are needed. Keep it up :thumbsup: