Sign in to follow this  
autoloon

Do you have a home yet?

I have been using Zelenogorsk as my travel hub, and most of my journeys to link up with people begin and end there. However, while it is a great location just west of the most useful landmark on the map, I fear it may not be as safe as it once was. I have heard a lot of footsteps recently from my apartment, and gunfire being exchanged. It might be time to hit the road for good in search of a new home. 

Have you found your home base yet? Do you feel safe there? Or are you constantly on the move? 

• Like 1

I love Zelenogorsk. It's almost always unlooted when i get there, and contains so many places to find nice stuff

I am to scared to make a home :c besides when ever I try to meet up with friends they die.

lol the people I met in Cherno and have been playing with sometimes always want me to meet them at Balota because they are noobs and want to fight all the time. I always agree to meet them, then go about my business and usually they die before I ever would have gotten there. 

Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond. Call me what you will. :D

• Like 1

Not making any sort of base until sufficient systems are in place, such as tents, to actually provide a place to travel. I'm going to be using the same place as I did in the Mod, mainly around the NE Airfield, but the new spawns may have ruined that plan if they last. If so, then I'll make a base somewhere on the far west map end.

I wouldn't call it my home, but the house where i spend most of my time is at norh west of Balota airfield, the second house up the gravel road. I call it ''Uncle ben's'' home because I always find 1-2 pack of rice and some cereals B)

Zelly (Zelenogorsk) was my hub in DayZ Mod. I found it was a good place to help bambies who were too weak for NWAF but strong enough to make their way off the coast.. First week or so of the SA it was pretty good, but now it's more active with bandits traveling north from Balota and Kamenka up to the Military Base at Veresnik and NWAF.. I think something needs to be done about this. The life I am currently on I headed to Berezino and NEAF to gear up, and I think I'll head over to NWAF.. If I survive that I'll make my way back down to Zelly, fully geared, and ready to put up some resistance against the bandit gangs.

• Like 1

You can't have a home when nothing is persistant in the world.

When tents come, you can have a home.

Until then you are just a hobo.

• Like 3

I wouldn't call it my home, but the house where i spend most of my time is at norh west of Balota airfield, the second house up the gravel road. I call it ''Uncle ben's'' home because I always find 1-2 pack of rice and some cereals B)

Oh man, I definitely use that house when I am in the area. 

• Like 1

In a world where all houses and apartments are unlocked and free of charge, all of humanity...is homeless. 

I used to live near zelenogorsk in mod, so it was obvious choice to stay there. And also have my favorite building where i wait for friends, i met 2 scavengers there and i saved  one of them by giving him antibiotics

I tend to avoid the big towns due to crap FPS.

However this aspect of finding a "home" is something I find very interesting in DayZ and would to see once we get proper tents and a form of this base building Rocket talked about.

That way we can turn buildings into our homes, not a fortress as every barbed wire fence can be cut, every wood fence can be smashed in etc... but it is a delay and allows anyone inside time to defend... if they are logged in.

I have yet to find a home.

nah you can be a squatter, go log off in a home in pusta every time and 2-3 years later you are a squatter~

I'm always constantly on the move, never stay in the same place for too long. I guess that'll change once there are more options in the game to actually make a simple base for yourself. Zelenogorsk has probably been my favourite place to visit, heading east now though.

Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond. Call me what you will.  :D

Edgar.

And on topic, the barn Northeast of Zelenogorsk has traditionally been my go-to place (The one that has a second barn and a small pond near it). People generally come nowhere near unless they are passing by on the main road, and it provides a great place to lookout as all high-traffic areas there can be seen from the barn. Also, in case of an emergency, the tree line is very close so a retreat into the woods to escape is not difficult.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I have settled in Elektro rather nicely. Got used to it in Cherno Life and now with all the enter able buildings I like it even more. Found a nice home and an apartment I like to use. Great views from both. Last night I began a trip to walk the map though so I am not home atm, actually up by your neck of the woods about to pass through your town. But with all the spawns to the east now I think my city is going to see a lot more action, which is good for me. I like helping folks and don't mind the fire fights as well.

Nice thread though. :thumbsup: :beans:

in the west - north of nwaf, nice wee house, outside shitter and water pump. in the east @ the ship wreck..

Dobryy mountain and Pik Kozlova.

Even when I do go north, I always head back down to one of those mountains. I really have no clue why- I don't kill players because I rarely see any (and if I do, I make an appoint to make myself unknown (but I will kill if they get too close (too close is maybe 50m~))). I think it's because nobody actually makes a travel through there because climbing up a mountain takes a few extra minutes than it would by going around it.

I think it's because I enjoy looting the surrounding cities and heading to small towns above Pik Kozlova (Pusta) for quick refills of water and a full stomach. They're also almost always empty so that's also a plus.

My friends are also too wimpy (maybe too lazy) to head up north with me and would prefer me do the gathering (I got them all can openers, pristine (at least mostly) M4's and ammo, bags, blood bags and bandages, etc.) and would prefer to stay in places like the forest above Cherno and half way up Dobryy near the water fountain. I think I just stay around there so I can easily loot for them while they dick around.

It's also close to Balota so when they die (happens often) or get launched off some tower due to a collision/noclip glitch (happened twice now) I can get them another M4 or Mosin if I'm too lazy to go to Balota which hasn't happened yet.

One day I will ditch them and find a homeless shack to live in :D

• Like 1

I like to use green mountain as a home. It's got a little bit of military loot, and not many people stop by. It also only has one entrance, so it's easy to defend from the occasional bandit.