So apparently chernarus is about 140 miles wide. But people say they can run across the whole thing in 30 mins-1 hour.

So what gives? Is it not as big as they say it is? Cause im pretty sure the Chernarus natives dont run at 280 miles per hour.

And even if you claim it takes you 4 hours you would still be running at the speed of a fucking cheetah!

Maybe im just dumb, so feel free to go ALL CAPS on me if you want, but I dont get it.

Actually if it took 4 hours to travel 140 miles, you would be at about half the speed of a cheetah

bump for answer

Actually if it took 4 hours to travel 140 miles' date=' you would be at about half the speed of a cheetah

[/quote']

Whatever dont get all technical on me lol, The average person MIGHT be able to sprint 10 mph, so shouldnt it take like 14 hours?

consider that 225km^2 is 15km on a side that = ~9 miles possible a little more reasonable.

(Hint 225 square kilometers not 225 km on on side.)

Plus do some ARMA research, speed is slightly tweaked for playability (sprint is 22km/h)

consider that 225km^2 is 15km on a side that = ~9 miles possible a little more reasonable.

oh I see, sooooo...im an idiot?

225 square kilometers = 140 square miles.

Ie, if you ever did geometry in school you'd know that we're not talking the distance between the corners of the map but actually how many kilometer/miles wide/high squares you can fit within the map.

if you want to call yourself an idiot, well you are, other then that, no one says you are an idiot, you can misunderstand maps sizes, distance, etc. thats normal

oh I see' date=' sooooo...im an idiot?

[/quote']

Pretty much.

Well, at least I can sleep at night now...lol...

Plus do some ARMA research' date=' speed is slightly tweaked for playability (sprint is 22km/h)

[/quote']

225 km^2 is a square thats 225km on all edges, what are you talking about?

Plus do some ARMA research' date=' speed is slightly tweaked for playability (sprint is 22km/h)

[/quote']

no it is not. its 15km on each side. 225 km on each side would be over 50 000 km sq

its 9 miles across and 9 miles high.

There are outside the "map" area that is a lot larger but has nothing but emptyness.

[/quote']

WaxMan is right. 225km² = 15 x 15km.

Chernarus is not 225km wide or high.

225 km^2 is a square thats 225km on all edges' date=' what are you talking about?

[/quote']

Haha, this is Idiocracy quality stuff here folks. Thanks. Thanks for all of this really. To the bottom of my heart.

its even worse that ten people explained the math in ten different ways before he claimed that everyone before him was wrong.

Er... yeah.

A square "anything" is the length of every "side". So 225km2 would be 225 kilometers on every "side" - which we can agree Chernarus is certainly not.

Not sure if serious...

Er... yeah.

A square "anything" is the length of every "side". So 225km2 would be 225 kilometers on every "side" - which we can agree Chernarus is certainly not.

Okay, am I being trolled now? Or are we just getting really lucky and all the people who haven't taken geometry in middle school yet are finding this thread at once?

I honestly hope that everyone that is saying '225km sq=225km on every side' is just trolling.

One square meter is one square meter.

One hundred quare meters is not 100x100 = 10,000 square meters.