SalamanderAnder (DayZ)

The only solution for DayZ: Simulation.

some players cant handle the freedom of the game and want immersion breaking things added that they enjoy in other games, other players embrace the lack of structure and enjoy the sim aspect. i am the sim fan, i hope thsi game doesnt compromise in any way, and i dont expect it will

• Like 1

some players cant handle the freedom of the game and want immersion breaking things added that they enjoy in other games, other players embrace the lack of structure and enjoy the sim aspect. i am the sim fan, i hope thsi game doesnt compromise in any way, and i dont expect it will

Yea no kidding.

People actually want stuff like spawning in with their friends,.....

Yes, DayZ is meant to be more realistic than most other games on the market. Does that mean that everything in DayZ must be as close to real life as possible, and that anything that's realistic must be added for the sake of realism?

I'd say no.

However, most of the points made on the post are fairly good ideas. My one major problem with the medical & vehicular ideas is that they seem to overcomplicate the things a little bit. We may as well just call it "Simulator Simulator, with zombies" if we need every in-game system to be a replica of real-life.

Just did some kinda' crazy eyeball math, and by my calculation (eyeballing)... in order to render the whole of Chernarus (rather than just South Zagoria), the map would have to be at least 16 times larger than it is now.

Pretty daunting.

Green_Sea_Factbook_1.jpg

Edited by Katana67

Yes, DayZ is meant to be more realistic than most other games on the market. Does that mean that everything in DayZ must be as close to real life as possible, and that anything that's realistic must be added for the sake of realism?

Sure why not.

Reality has a way of balancing itself out.

Making the game completely as realistic would do a far better job at balancing the game than stupid dispersion mechanics and arcade damage mechanics like the ones seen now.

Sure why not.

Reality has a way of balancing itself out.

Making the game completely as realistic would do a far better job at balancing the game than stupid dispersion mechanics and arcade damage mechanics like the ones seen now.

I'm not talking damage or dispersion, but there are some realistic things that would be completely annoying to have. Do you really want essentially permanent broken bones (Yes, morphine & splints could alleviate it, but it would still have to heal on its own)? How about being bitten by poisonous spiders that, for all intents and purposes, you cannot see? How about spending hours completely disassembling your M4A1, properly cleaning it and then reassembling it, forcing you to keep in mind every single piece that could be taken apart and putting it back together in the exact necessary order? How about being forced to watch your character take a piss and/or shit (for realistic durations of up to 10 minutes), with an exemplary complicated system that includes constipation and immersive, top-quality sound effects?

Is any of that really fun to have in a game? No. Sure, it's a part of real life, but I didn't buy DayZ to have a permanently broken leg, play "Weapon-Cleaning Simulator" or watch my character excrete.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I'm not talking damage or dispersion, but there are some realistic things that would be completely annoying to have. Do you really want essentially permanent broken bones (Yes, morphine & splints could alleviate it, but it would still have to heal on its own)? How about being bitten by poisonous spiders that, for all intents and purposes, you cannot see? How about spending hours completely disassembling your M4A1, properly cleaning it and then reassembling it, forcing you to keep in mind every single piece that could be taken apart and putting it back together in the exact necessary order? How about being forced to watch your character take a piss and/or shit (for realistic durations of up to 10 minutes), with an exemplary complicated system that includes constipation and immersive, top-quality sound effects?

Is any of that really fun to have in a game? No. Sure, it's a part of real life, but I didn't buy DayZ to have a permanently broken leg, play "Weapon-Cleaning Simulator" or watch my character excrete.

No it does not have to be complete and utter realism.

They can strike a balance.

Things such a more in depth medical system that has semi permanent injuries along with animations for them

A stamina and weight system that affects all aspects of player movement including speed and distance that can be traveled

Those tiny things add alot to the game and would still fit within the sense of being a sim.

People often think when people refer to sim they mean completely exactly like real life when it is often not the case.

It would be impossible to mimic or put every thing from real life in game hence why we simulate some of the aspects that are relevant for survival and combat.