Sign in to follow this  
DeceasedPath

Spawn changes need to be changed

The whole point is providing feedback to the experience.  Using this disclaimer as some pathetic argument to support your disagreement on where development should go is pathetic lazy "intellect" if I ever saw it.

There's absolutely nothing to do in this game between spawn and end game loot outside of hunger and thirst.  Making the time between those two consist of running for 40 minutes is not something I agree with.  Maybe you enjoy walking for 40+ minutes towards military gear while doing absolutely nothing of value, but personally, I think it's a mistake.

Now enough of your high horse idiocy about how this is alpha and man totally anyone who disagrees with the way things are going need to just deal with it because alpha.  Argue why you favor 40 minutes of nothing while I walk toward military loot and enough with this pathetic hiding behind the disclaimer as if it justifies your view on the dev cycle.

This argument of "40 minutes of nothing" is moot. There's plenty of things that can happen, plenty of towns to search and plenty of potential human interaction between the point you spawn at and your ultimate destination. There are many towns to search for weapons, ammo and food. I don't understand the instant wanting to B-Line it to Balota, Cherno or Elektro, there are plenty of other places to go.

The whole argument is more about wanting the so called end game 5 minutes after you spawn. Again... Why?

Edited by R.Neville

seriously, if your instant thought is to head to cherno, instead of dealing with what you were givin, then stop playing the game. The reason they made the spawns more varied is to stop people with your mentality.

god damn please have my babies.

What i gathered from the post, "I only like being in cherno and rarely explore the map, WHY would you spawn me away from cherno?!". In my honest opinion, gtfo.

Man, you totally explored that map and acquired what, exactly?  What, specifically, did you do between spawning and heading towards the end game loot that had any relevance to anything in the game outside of thirst and hunger?  This logic would make sense if there was actually something to find out there, heli crash, vehicle, tents, etc.  However, currently you gain nothing from going into any small town, unless you need water or food.  You wander through empty fields, gaining nothing, with no hope of actually gaining anything of real value that will help you towards military loot.

This was done at the wrong time, if there was something to do during the 40 min path towards military gear, I could see it.  I could see running across a heli crash and checking it out, I could see finding a vehicle to repair.  Instead all I see are empty fields, empty towns, and empty forests running towards the only progression that exists in this game.

• Like 1

Because it makes you have to survive to get that gear. Survive hunger, thirst, sickness and whatever else you run into.

New Flash! This is a Horror Survival Game which is nothing like BF4 or CoD. Just sayin...

So they should just turn off being able to kill people and just flood the server with massive amounts of zombies. ROFL.

Im not trying to survive. Its all about PVP. And for you people to saY just go explore...wtf is there to explore? its the same shit, houses/zombies/trees. Theres nothing to explore rofl

Edited by Crakka

The whole point is providing feedback to the experience.  Using this disclaimer as some pathetic argument to support your disagreement on where development should go is pathetic lazy "intellect" if I ever saw it.

There's absolutely nothing to do in this game between spawn and end game loot outside of hunger and thirst.  Making the time between those two consist of running for 40 minutes is not something I agree with.  Maybe you enjoy walking for 40+ minutes towards military gear while doing absolutely nothing of value, but personally, I think it's a mistake.

Now enough of your high horse idiocy about how this is alpha and man totally anyone who disagrees with the way things are going need to just deal with it because alpha.  Argue why you favor 40 minutes of nothing while I walk toward military loot and enough with this pathetic hiding behind the disclaimer as if it justifies your view on the dev cycle.

You seriously need to find another game to play dude/dudette. Alpha or not, the point isn't to gear up in less than 10 minutes and shoot everything that moves. It appears the developers are trying to nip that mindset in the bud right now which is fantastic.

Hopefully those types of players will just flat out leave the game.

• Like 3

This argument of "40 minutes of nothing" is moot. There's plenty of things that can happen, plenty of towns to search and plenty of potential human interaction between the point you spawn at and your ultimate destination. There are many towns to search for weapons, ammo and food. I don't understand the instant wanting to B-Line it to Balota, Cherno or Elektro, there are plenty of other places to go.

The whole argument is more about wanting the so called end game 5 minutes after you spawn. Again... Why?

It's only moot within your own mind.  Plenty of towns to search, for what?  Plenty of people to meet where?  While we all wander the forest towards military loot, the only end game?  There's absolutely nothing to be had in a small town outside of hunger thirst mechanic items.

You literally can autorun to the military loot from spawn and be in a beter off position than the guy who wandered in and looted for 5 hours because that guy picked up nothing of true value along the way.  You go from level 1 equipment to level 60 just by running 40 minutes, there's not much of anything between there and where there is, it's not in small towns, it's in fire stations and places like that.

Man, you totally explored that map and acquired what, exactly?  What, specifically, did you do between spawning and heading towards the end game loot that had any relevance to anything in the game outside of thirst and hunger?  This logic would make sense if there was actually something to find out there, heli crash, vehicle, tents, etc.  However, currently you gain nothing from going into any small town, unless you need water or food.  You wander through empty fields, gaining nothing, with no hope of actually gaining anything of real value that will help you towards military loot.

This was done at the wrong time, if there was something to do during the 40 min path towards military gear, I could see it.  I could see running across a heli crash and checking it out, I could see finding a vehicle to repair.  Instead all I see are empty fields, empty towns, and empty forests running towards the only progression that exists in this game.

I think you may be playing this game at this time for the wrong reasons.

• Like 4

the guy who wandered in and looted for 5 hours

Maybe had fun? Its not bout loot this game. Ever thaught of playing without a firearm?

Edited by k4Ku

You seriously need to find another game to play dude/dudette. Alpha or not, the point isn't to gear up in less than 10 minutes and shoot everything that moves. It appears the developers are trying to nip that mindset in the bud right now which is fantastic.

Hopefully those types of players will just flat out leave the game.

I'm not suggesting that you gear up in 10 minutes.  I'm suggesting there be something to do before you force your playerbase to run for 40 minutes towards the endgame loot spots.  This change was too soon.

Though I wouldn't expect a child like yourself whose immediate solution to anyone who disagrees with you is to have them quit the game to understand complex concepts as those I am discussing.

So they should just turn off being able to kill people and just flood the server with massive amounts of zombies. ROFL.

Im not trying to survive. Its all about PVP. And for you people to saY just go explore...wtf is there to explore? its the same shit, houses/zombies/trees. Theres nothing to explore rofl

Umm where did I say to go just explore? Nobody said they couldn't shoot people this would be part of survival. You really need to try and comprehend posts not glean what you THINK has been said.

Maybe ill try to say it different. Because its an alpha, where it has very littele content, it accures to you that there is and endgame. But actually this game is meant to be a constant stuggle to survive.

Edited by k4Ku

My idea of fun is getting some beans and going afk in a bush, that's surviving, and i can make a cup of tea in the mean time or something!

• Like 2

I'm not suggesting that you gear up in 10 minutes.  I'm suggesting there be something to do before you force your playerbase to run for 40 minutes towards the endgame loot spots.  This change was too soon.

Though I wouldn't expect a child like yourself whose immediate solution to anyone who disagrees with you is to have them quit the game to understand complex concepts as those I am discussing.

There's nothing complex about it... If the first town you come to is looted, move inland to the next town.. and keep doing it. You're roleplaying a SURVIVOR. Move inland... go to the NEAF.. hang around Berezino (also a rather large town).

The problem is you're hung up on military loot and weapons. Stop it.

Edited by serenityrick

It's only moot within your own mind.  Plenty of towns to search, for what?  Plenty of people to meet where?  While we all wander the forest towards military loot, the only end game?  There's absolutely nothing to be had in a small town outside of hunger thirst mechanic items.

You literally can autorun to the military loot from spawn and be in a beter off position than the guy who wandered in and looted for 5 hours because that guy picked up nothing of true value along the way.  You go from level 1 equipment to level 60 just by running 40 minutes, there's not much of anything between there and where there is, it's not in small towns, it's in fire stations and places like that.

Again, people just glean what they want out of a post and spew what they THINK the whole post is about.

I did say that there is plenty that could happen between there and your ultimate destination. See in your final statement you seem to think a gun is the only way to survive and the only thing of value, you're sorrily mistaken. Can't open a tin of beans with an M4.  ;)

Using this disclaimer as some pathetic argument to support your disagreement on where development should go is pathetic lazy "intellect" if I ever saw it.

You say that pointing out the alpha disclaimer is just a lazy argument...and then you say there's nothing to do of value in this game except loot military gear.

Then you go on to tell me to get off my "high horse idiocy about how this is alpha and man totally anyone who disagrees with the way things are going need to just deal with it because alpha."

I've never told someone on this forum to "just deal with it because alpha."

You also say you have a problem with the development cycle.  In that case, you should actually be happy about the new spawning because it's a move in the right direction, looking towards the game release.  The point of the game, isn't to drop everyone in the middle of Balota so they can all run to the airfield, grab weapons and then camp there and ghost new players.

Your claim that there's nothing to do in the game besides loot the airfield and you can't be bothered to walk somewhere for 40 minutes and god forbid actually play and experience the game is a lazy argument.

Then you also completely write off the alpha disclaimer that is at the very top of the product description you should have read when you purchased the game and pops-up everytime you start the game.

DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.

Actually read this.  ^^  What do you think "participating in the ongoing development cycle" means?  Just getting into gunfights at the airfield?  The point of the alpha isn't to give you instant gratification and plop you at or near Balota so you can have fun.  Believe it or not, the developers are actually looking for constructive feedback and bug reports.  If you're complaining about the 40 minutes walk to get to Balota so you can indulge your need for instant gratification it doesn't seem like you really get the point of the game.  DayZ isn't about dumping a pile of weapons and gear in front of a new player.  DayZ isn't an instant gratification, free for all, twitch shooter.  It's an extreme survival sandbox...with zombies.  It's not supposed to be easy.  You're complaining about being inconvenienced...in a game that was designed to be inconvenient!  Dean Hall (Rocket) himself has referred to DayZ as an "anti-game."

It doesn't really help the development team, if the only feedback they get is about Cherno and Balota.  I know this sounds crazy...but they may actually want people to explore other areas?

• Like 4

Before this launches into the inevitable shitstorm of flaming and finger-pointing:

Keep in mind that Rocket and co. had getting something playable out on the table as their top priority. Not features. Just the bare bones of the game. Of course there's nearly nothing to do. They wanted the skeleton in place, so people could test everything in the early stages and repairs could be made as they developed the game, from the ground up. The features they add aren't necessarily going to be added in coherent or logical order. Some of them will tie together in the code, others will be implementable on their own. The latter will likely make it in first, hence the spawn changes coming in early. It was something independent and easy that they could knock off the list pretty quickly.

You're not wrong: There's stuff all content to the game. I'm just putting that into perspective. We're witnessing the ongoing development of the game, rather than buying into a mostly finished product and testing mostly polished features. It's going to be a different and probably inferior experience to anything else you've bought into, unless you're a regular alpha tester. Keep that in mind when you post your feedback.

Edited by Wolfguarde
  • Like 1

I spawned at the same exact point 28x times in a row and then i changed to another point where i spawned for 16x times. i counted. :D

Again, people just glean what they want out of a post and spew what they THINK the whole post is about.

I did say that there is plenty that could happen between there and your ultimate destination. See in your final statement you seem to think a gun is the only way to survive and the only thing of value, you're sorrily mistaken. Can't open a tin of beans with an M4.  ;)

Who is forcing you to run 40 minutes towards "endgame loot spots"?  No one.

I spent a week playing the game, exploring and gradually gearing up to "endgame loot."  Yeah, I could've just done what a lot of people are doing and just go to Balota and server hop for 10 minutes until they have all their "endgame loot" but...silly ole' me...I thought it would be fun to actually play and experience the game.

It's funny you called R.Neville a "child" because he and other players don't think the devs should cater to players demanding instant gratification and convenience in a game that is supposed to be anything but convenient.  Some people would think crying about how you can't have something right now is actually pretty childish.  If having to walk a whole 40 minutes is a deal breaker for you, DayZ may not be your game.

• Like 1

Play what game though?  What does scouring various small towns along your ultimate route of military loot accomplish?  Those towns have nothing of value outside of the hunger/thirst system.  There are no tents to hunt down, there are no vehicles to fix, there are no random events, no heli crashes, etc.  From the second you spawn the end game is military loot, from spawn to military loot there's nothing to do other than loot small towns for items that are irrelevant.

This change needed to happen after some more stuff was implemented.  That way when I walk towards the endgame loot, like everyone ultimately will at some point in this game, there is stuff to encounter and do along the way that will actually engage me instead of me just walking by yet another small town that has more beans/water that I don't need.

Except not. I like to make my character look like an actual survivor. The ultimate goal of the game is entirely up to you.

Hm, let me try this with the thread makers logic and others logic;

Seeing as my endgame is the boat, all my spawns should be at berezino or right next to the ship.
I mean, c'mon, why should I have to run for 30+ minutes just to get to the boat? This isn't fair.

Hm, let me try this with the thread makers logic and others logic;

Seeing as my endgame is the boat, all my spawns should be at berezino or right next to the ship.

I mean, c'mon, why should I have to run for 30+ minutes just to get to the boat? This isn't fair.

Because the so called "End Game" that some are so concerned about SHOULDN'T be easy to acquire, it should be earned.

These spawn changes are terrible. I spawn so far up North on the East coast every time it takes me 45 minutes of running just to get to the Cherno area. Now I understand that I shouldn't spawn there every time, but there needs to be some balance. All I see is people trying to kill themselves over and over just to get a good spawn. 

Whats wrong?Can you no longer can you reach balota death-match field quickly?