Sign in to follow this  
AP_Norris

Just want to see community preference on 1st/ 3rd person servers quickly.

196 members have voted

1. 1. What type of server will you be playing most of the time?

• First person only.
    • Third and first person servers.
    • Really not worried, not having third person/ having people spy on me from cover doesn't concern me.

Pls vote, we have both servers now so we no longer have to argue.

But from videos I have seen first person servers don't seem numerous could this be an issue if First person servers prove to be popular?

I want to see the aiming reticle disabled for everything but melee weapons as well.

• Like 10

First person makes more sense, given that the game is based off a FPS standard, but up until now, it's been a handicap to use it.

I'm content with the change, and have switched my server over to 1PoV locked.  

I'm finding no shortage of players- and there are plenty of servers without it still catering to players who need that extra crutch.  

• Like 4

I want to see the aiming reticle disabled for everything but melee weapons as well.

That's a nice thought, but until they make the vicinity range a bit more generous, we need the reticule for looting.

But I'm all for the fps only.  Looking forward to the separate hive.

• Like 1

The aiming reticule is a 100x worse than 3rd person. Make people aim. I won't be playing 1st person view. I love the realism, but I like seeing my character and enjoy playing a video game. I don't need to trick myself into thinking it is real. Been there done that.

Edited by DevilDog
  • Like 4

Lots of first person server votes so far, first person servers running out of space may be a very realistic problem D:

I like first person, but what about flying or driving? Being able to use 3rd person from a vehicle is nice. I still want 3rd person on/no crosshair in 3rd person/no zooming in 3rd person. Maybe bring the camera in a little as well so you can't get it over walls. Turning 3rd person off doesn't add anything to the game, it's a lazy fix. Also, talk of separate hives for 1st person and 3rd person bothers me. Why segregate the community again? Am I going to have to have Freeside carry different stock for each hive? Run trade ops on a multiple hives as well?

Edited by Publik
  • Like 1

Lots of first person server votes so far, first person servers running out of space may be a very realistic problem D:

You haven't even gotten the votes to halfway fill up a server, I think you will be ok ;)

Just to clarify my earlier post, I fully support 1st person servers. I think this game has always been good at taking care of different player bases and added them does not hurt anyone.

• Like 1

You haven't even gotten the votes to halfway fill up a server, I think you will be ok ;)

Just to clarify my earlier post, I fully support 1st person servers. I think this game has always been good at taking care of different player bases and added them does not hurt anyone.

This is to bring a sample though.

I think they need to remove it for melee weapons too.

#1 you get people complaining because that isn't where it is hitting.

#2 I just generally don't like some big crosshair in my screen.

Edited by AP_Norris

1st and 3rd... why limit everyone to 1st person when some of us quite like using 3rd person to see our avatar, the animations etc...

I use 1st person for combat and switch to it quite often but I still use 3rd person and I wouldn't want to be limited to 1st.

Let there be official servers for both 1st and 3rd or make the Veteran mode for 1st person only allow private hives the choice of what they want on their server.

Didn't vote.

The only vote that counts is which server you join, when you play DayZ. 

• Like 3

What about the poor people who like to see their characters and shit? Just screw them over because of the easily fixable third person looking over walls/corner thing?

What about the poor people who like to see their characters and shit? Just screw them over because of the easily fixable third person looking over walls/corner thing?

In short, yes.

In long, I don't see why you have such a victim complex because there are separate 3rd person and 1st person servers.

Inventroy screen, you can even look at it while running.

• Like 3

Inventroy screen, you can even look at it while running.

Exactly this, you can alt look around to see your character in first person, and you can see exactly what you look like in the inventory screen.

Third person WILL NOT go away, the devs know there is more interest in using third person, then not.

And I prefer first person, even in action shooters like BF4, it is FP ONLY(except vehicles), I prefer the experience, and am glad we get first person only servers, and have made the move to only play on them from now on.

I would prefer third person to be disabled for everything except vehicles, but it won't happen.

On first person servers, if they can see you, you can see them.

• Like 1

They won't ever get rid of 3rd person. This is a poll asking which server you are more likely to play on. No one is getting screwed at all, have no fear.

Edited by DevilDog
  • Like 2

The aiming reticule is a 100x worse than 3rd person. Make people aim. I won't be playing 1st person view. I love the realism, but I like seeing my character and enjoy playing a video game. I don't need to trick myself into thinking it is real. Been there done that.

Is it even possible to tell if someone is using their sights just by looking at them? Not sure why it matters. It's a lot harder to shoot with the crosshair anyways because bullets aren't aligned with it.

Looks as though it is pretty much even with people that want to play first person only and people that really don't care or like to use 3rd person often enough.

Community wants first person only for all servers mandatory. There are however some vocal supporters of 3rd person view.

Community wants first person only for all servers mandatory. There are however some vocal supporters of 3rd person view.

you talked to everyone who plays Dayz?! the forums are hardly a good example of the majority, the majority of players are nto going to waste time posting on this website because they are either playing the game or dont give a damn enough about it to post/join a forum.

if movement in the arma engine wasn't so clunky, then I would vote first person only, but I get a headache after 15 mins in first person mode.  So I need to vote to keep 3rd person.

Make movement nice and smooth, and you can take away 3rd person, but not until movement is as smooth and as responsive as othe FPS games like counter-strike for example.

• Like 1

if movement in the arma engine wasn't so clunky, then I would vote first person only, but I get a headache after 15 mins in first person mode.  So I need to vote to keep 3rd person.

Make movement nice and smooth, and you can take away 3rd person, but not until movement is as smooth and as responsive as othe FPS games like counter-strike for example.

You do have head bob turned off right?

This is the problem right here. These people have got their first person only servers now and still want to push for first person everywhere. Judging from what I've seen, there's fairly a lot of players around here that prefer third, or both, myself included.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the immersion factor in first person and the lack of advantages. I'll definitely be hitting the first person only servers every now and then for that deeper realism factor but I enjoy the third person included servers also when I just wanna play the game and enjoy it, in third person for the most part. What exactly was or is the big deal with trying to get third removed completely? Search the server list and join a server which has got first person only in the name, problem solved. No need to thank me.