s1rGr1nG0

How do you fill a canteen? Can it be done at a pond?

Sneaking around my initial spawn point I found a canteen that was about %40 full. I emptied it and found a small pond outside, (an actual pond and not a well). I tried various things to try to fill the canteen including putting it on the ground. No menu selection for filling the canteen though. What am I doing wrong?

Also, while dicking around with the canteen 2 zombies came up from the pond, (they were underwater), which I thought was pretty cool. Zed doesn't need to breath so it makes sense that they would be in the lakes and ponds waiting to snag an unwary survivor!

I had the same thing,...some of the ponds are like seawater if they keeping moving as in waves and noises,..you need the brown still ponds to make that work properly,..however that does not work all the time its very much hit and miss right now

Aqua Zombies ,...Cool

I have yet to let the game fill my water containers from any water source other than a drinking well.

Yeah, I wanted to try it out because I had found a first aid kit and inside the kit were some "water purification" tablets. Was curious to see if they would work or not. :)

you must have the canteen or bottle in your hand...switch to first person and look down...if this does not work go into deeper water or crouch...works perfectly for me

• Like 2

I think refilling at ponds is buggy at the moment. Had to nudge my character back and forth for a couple of minutes at a stream to find a position I could refill at.

Also, the water purification tablets work, but using them currently consumes the entire packet instead of a single charge.

Why don't you just refill at a water pump, I do all the time. Never used water purification tablets as I don't have any but never come to any harm at a water pump.

Sneaking around my initial spawn point I found a canteen that was about %40 full. I emptied it and found a small pond outside, (an actual pond and not a well). I tried various things to try to fill the canteen including putting it on the ground. No menu selection for filling the canteen though. What am I doing wrong?

Also, while dicking around with the canteen 2 zombies came up from the pond, (they were underwater), which I thought was pretty cool. Zed doesn't need to breath so it makes sense that they would be in the lakes and ponds waiting to snag an unwary survivor!

its really glitchy, from what ive seen you have to be at the edge of a pond, looking in some wierd direction to even get the menu option. 

Zombies do need to breath.  The muscles used in their movement and the little bit of the brain they have left (the part that controls motor skills) still need oxygen.  Also, no breathing, no air in their lungs, no air in their lungs, no noises coming out of their mouths, and if there's anything we've learned about zombies from DayZ, they make a hell of a lot of noise.

you must have the canteen or bottle in your hand...switch to first person and look down...if this does not work go into deeper water or crouch...works perfectly for me

Thank you! couldn't work it out!