Sign in to follow this  
dusty_nuttles

SA Hotspots

I've  been all over the map several x and noticed that the new additions have changed where people go as compared to the mod. My observations are based on high as well as low pop servers. The results are interesting.

High Traffic: Bolota, Cherno.

Low Traffic: Electro, Berezino, Kamenka Base, NWAF, NEAF, Stary, Novy.

I have seen players in Electro but very few. I've seen maybe 2-3 people sofar. Berezino, maybe 2 or 3. Kamenka base, NWAF/NEAF, Stary/Novy...haven't seen a soul.

Bolota/Cherno always have players it seems.

Very strange to me that after being at NWAF about a dozen x I've yet to see anyone. Doors aren't even open there.

In your experience, where are the highest traffic area's?

I can't say, because I don't bump into players very often. Even on nearly full servers :(

But I found a virginally NWAF yesterday. Yay!

Agreed, though NW and NE airfield is populated.
Everytime me and my team go to these places, we're around six to seven people, and we count on going out of there with two people dead.
This is happens almost everytime, though once a whole six man team got outsniped by one lone sniper at a barn... that was embarassing.

I've been up and down the west side of the map in the past few days and not seen anyone from Zelenogorsk up to the NWAF. Like you said the barrack doors were closed...

I think the additional military spawns at Balota are keeping all the PvP down there.

Edited by Zeds_Undead_baby

I don't go south much at all, but NWAF still gets some action on the servers I play on. NEAF occasionally has someone but not often. Found most people between Zele and Vybor mil base for the most part. Easy pickings when they are crossing those fields with no cover. (tip: get in the damn tree line even if it is just one tree wide)

Farther south than Zele I can't really comment on.

I would disagree with NWA being populated. It took myself and a buddy 12 servers to find a single player and that was with us running through the middle of the air strip like mongs to attract attention for a fire fight. But if we go into a server with 5 people in it, atleast 2 are bound to be at Balota. Why would you go to NWAF when Balota gives the same loot and is right on the coast? 

I hope to see rarer loot at the NWAF like the mod and put the tents back at Starry in the future. inb4 "alphhherrrr fagggoootttttttttttt regarding "I hope they make rarer loot at the NWAF like the mod"

Edited by KeyaKev

I see alot of people in cherno and the base near bolota, but never at the NEAF og anywhere else for that matter, but then 14 of 16 respawns happens at Cherno on the server i play, so people camp there alot, resulting in a massacre of new spawns since they dont have a chance of getting weapons and last time i got away alive and went to the NEAF i fought Zombies for 30 minutes there, they just kept on comming, it was insane..

Edited by goDecapS

I would disagree with NWA being populated. It took myself and a buddy 12 servers to find a single player and that was with us running through the middle of the air strip like mongs to attract attention for a fire fight. But if we go into a server with 5 people in it, atleast 2 are bound to be at Balota. Why would you go to NWAF when Balota gives the same loot and is right on the coast? 

I hope to see rarer loot at the NWAF like the mod and put the tents back at Starry in the future. inb4 "alphhherrrr fagggoootttttttttttt regarding "I hope they make rarer loot at the NWAF like the mod"

I didn't say populated. I said it gets some action. :) I can normally patrol around NWAF and find someone every 15-30 minutes or so. We're sneaky up north. Gotta think that way to catch anyone. Hehe

If you're used to the shit storm that is Balota/Cherno, what I consider "often" and "some action" would seem like a ghost town. *shrug* I prefer fighting people that seem experienced and geared over new spawns with axes and maybe an M4/Mosin with 1 reload.

I didn't say populated. I said it gets some action. :) I can normally patrol around NWAF and find someone every 15-30 minutes or so. We're sneaky up north. Gotta think that way to catch anyone. Hehe

If you're used to the shit storm that is Balota/Cherno, what I consider "often" and "some action" would seem like a ghost town. *shrug* I prefer fighting people that seem experienced and geared over new spawns with axes and maybe an M4/Mosin with 1 reload.

I have had more coordinated fights and people who seem more "experienced" at Balota with my group against other groups than I have at NWAF. NWAF is a waste of time at this current time.

For you it might be, but for me playing solo right now its fits my playstyle. "Groups" right now aren't venturing that far north for various reasons. Experienced solo players are though which is perfect for me.

Well , i guess that because DayZ have new players like myself .

I can't spot towns and cities well , every time i spawn , i spawn in south coast somewhere near cherno or balota ( i just know this two name:D ) .i spent like 1h to find some water and find balota for gun and ammo .

every time i gear up and have ammo , i try to follow my compass to north ( if i don't loot any compass , i will run in jungle like a crazy person :D ) and sometimes during a fight with zombies , i die cause of a desync or something like that make me freeze ( that happen to me like always) .

So yeah , i try to go NWAF , when i can spot it and i can fight with zombies cause it takes so long to go north with-out cars :D

I think you're just about right with the high traffic areas, I've noticed Electro kinda quite during full servers... but Balota and Cherno and the  new city just north of Balota seem to be some really hot spots. I've found if you use just a few spots just in that corner of the map you can get geared really well and easily make the decision to play a bandit... I think the increase of loots (In the bigger apartment buildings as well as all others having loot) will only make this more prevalent... I think cherno/balota and the new city will be the hottest spots on a server depending on the server.

ok so here i mapped out what it is like in the dayz world for everyone

TMy2YsN.png

so ass you can see the little red faces are you guys all lonely and the red circled areas is where all the other bottoms are

And due to patch today all this is likely to change lol

Why? The patch didn't do much to change this.

Bolota and Cherno for sure. I like Elektro the best for various reason. I tend to walk around the streets there hoping to meet people. I do have some great random encounters there. I would go to Cherno to find people but the KOS/Not KOS ratio there is a bit high (80% KOS imo). In Elektro it is about 50/50 so makes it more fun. Plus it is more rare to see groups in Elektro.

Why? The patch didn't do much to change this.

It did a lot actually. You don't spawn on the south coast anymore.. you spawn in the east and north east. I think the furthest south you spawn is just east of Elektro.

Yeah, I agree completely. Balota is very popular now, but that's because the majority people spawn on the coast and so it's a fast way to get decent gear.