Sign in to follow this  
Hello moto

What did you do in Dayz today?

As the title says.

I've done nothing as I have slept, woken, and now I'm at work.

But what's a short summery of what you have done today?

I discovered one of the cities. No clue which. I actually killed some zombies. Died from a kiwi that went rotten in thirty seconds and I didn't notice. Picked up my first gun, although it was unloaded.

A lot of new experiences.

• Like 1

That is a great photo Chronos. Wow! Looks like your on the beached ship in the Northeast? 

Today I began a firefight against two players at the apartments above Balota. Seven people in the server when I took the first shot. 5 people in the server about 5 seconds after that. Logged off for the night before they magically appeared in the treeline. 

Downloaded and installed it.

I will hopefully get some time to play it a bit later or next year (4hrs till new years!).

• Like 1

found 2 mosin campers at the hills, they were killing balota freshspawns, they both had best gear in game, i only picked ammo from them (80 mosin bullets), because i have myself the best gear, killed them both with headshots in 2 seconds, so they couldn't combat log, i wish i could heard their reactions.

Logged in NW of Lopatino at the new town. Looted and moved on to NWAF. Spent a while scouting the area and moved near the tents. Heard a mosin and M4 being shot not to far away. Got eyeballs on the tents and saw 2 guys manning the ground bunker there shooting people coming to loot the tents. Affixed my long range scope. Took out one with a headshot. second one ducked down. I waited a bit and saw him low crawling away toward the tents. Two shots later he was dead.

Changed positions and watched the tents and surroundings for another 10 minutes or so. Nothing was moving, so made my way to the tents and grabbed a new tac vest (mine was damaged) and grabbed a ammo box. Moved out to Grishino, scouted the area then moved in and looted it refilling my food supply and finding some more 7,62 ammo.

After that made my way Southeast for a while. Found a pretty cool campsite in the woods on a hill. Logged off for the night after that. All in all was a good night.

Edited by Zogvarn
  • Like 1

A real life friend of mine and myself ran around Balota Airfield as fresh spawns punching hostiles to death and talking to random fresh spawns/couple of armed guys. Made a couple of friends, traded ammo for food (we didn't have a chance to loot food), and even had one of the guys we met protect us from other armed hostiles at greater distances.

After an hour and a half of surviving off scraps from friendly looters, the mosin guy we had met got into a firefight and died. My friend and I charged into the air control tower with our fists, punched the guy that killed him (he had a mosin) until he was dead. I picked up his mosin and proceeded to kill one of the other guys that had helped him kill our friend, while my real life friend ran around punching the other two until they finally caught up to me and punched me to death. It was a very confusing fight, but we avenged our fallen comrade at least. In the end I think we had too much fun just goofing off.

Edited by Sab
  • Like 1

Treked to Zelenogorsk with some friends to get us all fully stored up on food. Approached from the north. Had one man providing overwatch with a scoped mosin while the other three of us split up and scavanged around.

After about 30 minutes of scavenging, I'm outside on a street when somebody we somehow didn't see unloads half his M4 mag at me. I can't see the guy, but judging from the sounds he's something like 50 - 100 feet behind me, somewhere between my 4 and 8 o'clock. I start doing the godd*mn serpentine run as fast as I can. Somehow, I don't take a single bullet, all misses. Run around a building and realize that from where I am, our sniper has no shot. I sprint down the block, hear more gunshots, and see the impacts all around me. Again, I don't take hit. As I'm running to the outskirts northwest of the town, hoping this guy will follow me out to where our sniper can pop him, I hear more gunshots from the city center, but this time no rounds are landing near me.

Seems my plan won't work. My other two buddies in the town have been engaged by the wannabe bandit. After 3 or 4 vollies of gunfire, I've gotten about 500 meters between me and the initial point of contact and the report comes in that one of my friends is down somewhere in a building. Hostile has sustained injuries, but we don't see a body, so we presume he's still in the area. Worse yet, my remaining friend in the town has taken up a defensive position in a stairwell overlooking our downed teammate, but he's uncertain of building he's in. So, I begin moving east, clearing every building looking for our hostile. I don't find him, and after 5 minutes I think I'm near my guys in the town. I give a bird call, he gives a bird call back. Ok, good, I know where they are. I announce that I'm moving in to the building, then clear the ground floor and immediate surroundings before moving up the stairwell.

At this point the story turns from 'whoah cool encounter' to 'lol alpha'.

So my friend is unconscious, but fortunately not bleeding. The live teammate in the town was able to bandage him. I've got a saline kit, and realize the downed teammate has an epipen on him. I try something like 10 times to use these items, but I keep getting the message "Player has moved and the injection wasn't completed" or something like that, which makes absolutely no sense because he is unconscious and not moving. I figure hrm, maybe the bug is on my end, so I log out and log back in real quick.

This was a mistake. I am placed back into the gameworld UNDER the stairwell, stuck inside the building in a place I can't get out of. I try furiously vaulting, running, prone rolling but nothing can get me out. After 20 minutes I realize that maybe the stairs that got me into this mess can get me out of it. I go prone directly under the staircase, log out and log in, and am miraculously placed on top of the stairs instead of under them.

I go back to trying to give downed teammate the epipen and the saline IV, but it keeps saying that he's somehow moving and this is cancelling the treatment. At this point the downed teammate suggests handcuffing him, maybe that'll stop the moving messages. So, we handcuff him and lo and behold, this made it possible to administer the saline. He wakes up soon after, we uncuff him, and proceed to bug out via bounding over watch out to the forest to the north east of the town.

Pretty much the most 'DayZ Alpha' experience you can have.

Edited by fig0451

what are those words on the top left?

Those are the guys he's speaking with. I don't know which program he's using though. It could be Mumble.

Today our death squad sacrificed 25 people to the god of death. Some of these were armed guys trying to sneak up on us. Most were people coming into town whose trust we won. Some were shot in the head at the altar of death, others were axed, and some were experimented on.

A memorable one was a gentleman who we brought over so he could quench his thirst. While he was drinking I placed a line in with a random blood bag that I pulled from my medical experiment backpack. Unfortunately it ended up being a correct blood type. Luckily, he already had a liberal portion of disinfectant to keep him clean. We ended up growing impatient and had a few too many sacrifices in queue. Alas, we were forced to terminate the subject prematurely.

Another memorable one involved Hell Captain and myself as we manned a skeleton crew in the town. I was observing from headquarters as hell captain was scouting. He found a man with a pipe wrench out. He sweet talked him and the man put his weapon away. This would not last. When they got to the well he pulled it out and took some swings at hell captain. I do not think the man counted on me being right around the corner. Both HC and myself unloaded on the misguided soul. As the color faded from his body and his pupils dilated, I made sure to let him know how poor his choice of action was.

Edited by Propulsion_Joe

Our group took 25 lives today, bringing the total we've exterminated up to 130.

It may be 26, we got the drop on two well equipped victims and while I think I hit both of them, I can only confirm killing one. He went down, started to get back up, and took 4 more 5.56 hits then dropped for the count. I couldn't tell if his buddy died or combat logged.

We also talked an armed victim and his friend I to drinking from a well, which ended with the extermination of both.

Great progress today in the important work of exterminating the population of the coastal area.

I've started taking before and after screenshots to document our work.

Edited by HCHellCaptain

Downloaded the experimental update from steam and i am about to restart my comp so i can try this sucker out for the first time.

I swept through an entire city looking for any drink/food. I found none, then I walked into a shed to starve to death.

Found me a fresh spawn when I was armed to the teeth, made him surrender, handcuffed him, then gave him a fresh banana and ran away.

Tried to do the same to another fresh spawn but was going to give him a pistol but he refused to surrender, so I shoot at him and he gapped it, got away too haha

Spawned at balota, heard what i thought was a gunshot, heard a zombie.

Scored some various firearm parts and a shovel along with various rotten fruit and a water bottle. Almost died of dehydration and survived.

EDIT:

Died a couple of times, made it back to balota and found an M4 and 30rds, but no mags. Lagged like f*ck and got shot by some random who didn't even say hi. Found out i have an average ping of 800, lol!

Edited by Dchil

Found me a fresh spawn when I was armed to the teeth, made him surrender, handcuffed him, then gave him a fresh banana and ran away.

Tried to do the same to another fresh spawn but was going to give him a pistol but he refused to surrender, so I shoot at him and he gapped it, got away too haha

That just sounds funny as hell. Only give them bananas.

Met up with a friend, began heading to Rify, went into a construction building and my character took it upon himself to walk off the edge and die....

Classic DayZ Standalone