fortran

DayZ Sound Design Test - Part 3 Final Added

Those were really nice man. Great job.

I would love to see something like that implemented and hopefully we will in the coming months once the new sound guy gets rolling.

• Like 2

You deserve a lot of beans for all that effort. Makes me hope sound is a priority for the development team. The sound in the game is pretty bland. Kind of like watching a grade-B movie. 

Edited by The_Man
  • Like 2

Bloody top notch effects there, the gun sounds were the best I've ever heard in a game, period. The zombies no longer sound like snivveling children and like actual zombies.

If I had to give any feedback, I would say that the ambient indoors/outdoors effects are a little clustered together. You might want to space out the bird noises and the effects etc so it can be a bit more immersing for the player.

But yeah, if they havn't already sent you an email asking for the rights to use those sounds, they should have. Absolutely 10/10

• Like 3

Sound effects and sound behavior are so under appreciated. I used to be an EAX user I believe as soon as i could afford it but fell off the wagon while there was a lack of EAX supported games. When i came back to EAX after hearing the Battlefield 2142 supported it i couldn't hardly believe my ears. Its a little sad that sound propagation and proper effects aren't created for games as it is really amazing to experience when they are done really really well.

Wish i could give more than one can of beans...

• Like 1

really nice sounds you certainly deserve a lot of beans! In my opinion though the Zombie sounds didn't fit very well because they sounded like Mutant Giant Zombies or something to me. Imho they have to be creepier but nice work anyway! :beans: :thumbsup:

This is exactly what J.S.R.S does,

but twats like Applejacks sabotage my attempts, to make this idea appealing to Rocket and the broader masses.

Edited by orlok
personal insults may result in infraction points

Great effort! Loving the inside barn and church sounds, very real. 

I'd say the zombies sounded much more threatening than those we have in game but I can't quite make up my mind. 

I am sure this is rather subjective as well but the M4 sounded little weak? Maybe its too much echo ( is it called reverb?) 

Anyhow, lighting years better than the current ones! Would love to hear the FNX45 too :)

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

That was really nice, good work!

• Like 1

Really loving those ambient sounds and the m4, but the zombies sounded a bit like the LotR movie orcs. I think the zed sounds once aggroed should be constant whining, hissing and growling hopefully intense enough to make you feel really unsettled.

That is some cool stuff right there,It would be nice if they added "a little bit more power" to the sound of the guns,you know,guns need to sound like guns,not like some kids toys.
keep up the good work man!

Sound effects and audio ambience are frequently underrated, but they can add so much to the immersive quality of a game. You deserve a lot of beans !

• Like 2

excellent job ! hope the devs take note of your vid !

like the M4 sounds indoor & out , as well as the (indoor ambient , my favorite) . 

in the opening was really hoping you were going to brush up against a tree & have a sound for that .

nylon & other plasticie type materials make a distinct sound when brushed up against , which would be a huge advantage while trekking through the bush ,

like wise some one / thing hiding under a tree or in a bush can make a lot of noise while shuffling around .

10/10 got my beans brother keep up the good work !

Edited by Mayhem Smash

Thanks a lot for the comments and critique/feedback guys, seriously appreciate it, it's nice to see that so many people feel that new audio is a priority for the game also, am very excited to see what the new sound designer Rocket hired will bring to SA once he is up and running. Also agreed with some of the comments about the zombies, spent a lot of time screaming and shouting down the mic to try and get something more menacing but not too Resident Evil in style, but it's a fine line, will take another bash and vocalising them soon.

Will probably make a few more of these over the next couple of weeks as and when I can find items I want to work on such as the Mosin, the FNX45, seascapes, city interiors and a at the top of my list. a new shovel melee sound lol. Is just a bit tricky running around trying to record for this purpose without getting shot while doing so  :rolleyes:

Anyway thanks again for all the support and feedback. 

• Like 1

PART 2

Managed to scavenge some more equipment, shovel, mosin, fnx45 so decided to make a part 2. Includes, seascape, shovel melee, mosin interior/exterior (not %100 happy yet), ship-wreck interior ambience, fire-axe melee, M4A1 suppressed trying to replicate both supersonic and subsonic ammo types, metal shed/warehouse interior ambience and finally the FNX45 interior and exterior.  

Edited by Fortran
  • Like 3

Great stuff, but one thing I'll say is if you're going to include things like seagulls and bird chirps, they need to be massively varied and very random. Nothing breaks the illusion of ambiance more than hearing the same pattern of bird calls thirty or forty times while you're exploring.

The current game sounds suffer from this, with that stupid chain link fence tinkling noise that happens constantly for no reason whatsoever.

• Like 1

Great stuff, but one thing I'll say is if you're going to include things like seagulls and bird chirps, they need to be massively varied and very random. Nothing breaks the illusion of ambiance more than hearing the same pattern of bird calls thirty or forty times while you're exploring.

The current game sounds suffer from this, with that stupid chain link fence tinkling noise that happens constantly for no reason whatsoever.

Couldn't agree more. In this case it's really only to showcase the sounds in the 30 or so seconds I had available in the video, but totally agreed, in-game everything needs a lot more variety, space and randomisation, especially in an open-world such as Chernarus where you are spending hour upon hour playing in the same environments. Thanks for the comment/feedback. 

Great stuff dude, Just top notch sounds. I hope we can get a door opening/closing sound as well.

• Like 1

Very nice work dude, miles ahead of what we currently have. Really hoping the new sound guy can do even better ! :beans:

• Like 1

Hey bro, great job. Could you superimpose some sounds for player interaction with the environment? Just to see the concept in action? For example, Doors being opened, player moving against a chain link fence??

This game desperately needs more sounds that alert you to unstealthy players nearby.  

Edited by VictorM

These are amazing. Hope you release them soon!

A sound related question: So I know that rabbits will make zombie noises, but every once in a while I'll hear popcan opening sounds, ammo clinking sounds and things like that just in the ambience with no one nearby (as best I can tell). Does that happen to anyone else, and any does anyone know why this happens?

• Like 1