Sign in to follow this  
fuzzywumpkins

Steam Beta

So I've been reading around and people are saying that you can enable the "beta" in the steam properties of the game. Now I assume this is just to test the next patch as the game is surely no where near beta? If I enable this "beta" what changes? Is there a changelog somewhere? I can't find much if any information on this topic.

Not sure. I think it's like a private Forum team exclusive beta patch so they can bring it out later as the next big update without bugs (that's where the team comes in because they try it out each time it updates)

Hmm. I know rocket said that it would take about a year for the game to hit alpha. Probably just an update that's being implemented into steam.

If I have my info right you have to join a specific server after you enable it. :thumbsup:

Your info is incorrect as I can join any server I feel like. Steam did something but it doesn't seem like anyone knows what it did.

Edited by FuzzyWumpkins

It probably installed some version of the next patch. Which is enabled on some server that you prolly don't have access too.

It probably installed some version of the next patch. Which is enabled on some server that you prolly don't have access too.

That would make sense, there are servers out there named as 133860 and the current build is 113860 so is 133860 the build of the "beta" then? Those servers don't seem any different however.

Steam is the one calling them "betas."

It actually has nothing to do with the Beta stage of DayZ.

You can find the same option in some other games, even finished ones.

I'm fully aware it's not a beta but I was just trying to figure out what it did when I enabled it. So far we have gathered that nothing changes.

133860 is the current version, the experimental(beta of an alpha build...) is a higher version number, you'll see your version on the main menu top right, the servers you are joining appear the same because they are.

I haven't been able to locate the experimental servers yet, but at most you are getting a sneak peak of the next patch, so it won't be much different.